We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Microdosing and full doses Options

VoidBeast
#1 Posted : 4/5/2020 5:22:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In the past, I've pretty much been the kind of person who thought of microdosing as "not taking enough." Yet here I am in quarantine for a significant period of time, sitting on a variety of psychedelics (mushrooms, LSD, changa, San Pedro). I had taken about a 6 month break from any psychedelic use before this, and for the year before that maybe only tripping every three months or so. This is pretty typical a pattern for my psychedelic use, although I have occassionally gone through brief periods of time of taking psychedelics more often, I have generally been very cautious about building up a tolerance.

So anyway, stuck indoors and currently off work, feeling in a general funk due to the circumstances of the world, I thought heck, why not try microdosing. So, last month I started microdosing psilocybin mushrooms, taking .2-.3 g on a one day on, two days off schedule. This was nice and definitely helped me deal with the heavy feelings and mental state this time has brought on for me. Yet after a while, I kept getting the feeling that there was "something more" that kept trying to happen, a full psychedelic experience that wanted to push through but could not. So last week, I decided to take a full dose of LSD (125ug). I know a lot of people on here look down on LSD, but personally I have had a lot of very powerful experiences on it and after a lot of reflection beforehand I felt that LSD was right for the full dose at this time, while mushrooms were right for microdosing for me now. I had a good experience on the LSD trip, "good" in this sense meaning that it allowed what I needed to happen to happen.

My issue is, I would like to return to my schedule of microdosing mushrooms during this time, but I don't want to build my tolerance as this has been something I always try to be aware of. Normally I would give at least 2 weeks between full doses of LSD or mushrooms, but since I'm talking microdosing here I'm not sure. It's been a full week since I did the LSD and I haven't microdosed during that time, but should I give it another week? Or since it's a small amount of a different psychedelic, would it be okay to resume now? I can't find much information on this topic, since it seems most microdosing info is geared towards people who DON'T want to have a full psychedelic experience ever... thoughts?
Vi veri universum vivus vici

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Eaglepath
#2 Posted : 4/5/2020 5:32:56 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

Don't worry about the tolerance.. you are usually ok after a couple of days.. I remember a period when I micro and macro dosed mushrooms every each day for half a year or something. One day on one day off.. a lot of learning.. And they helped me with a lot of exams in my Master studies haha.. sometimes the teacher started to morphSmile)
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

Eaglepath
#3 Posted : 4/5/2020 5:38:32 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

Ate half a gram this morning and took a long forest walk with the Husky.. cozy cozySmile)

Egzoset
#4 Posted : 4/5/2020 8:36:07 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations VoidBeast,

VoidBeast wrote:
...it seems most microdosing info is geared towards people who DON'T want to have a full psychedelic experience ever...

Personally i only consume a mild "psychedelic" which used to be known as Marie Ouana, obtained from girls living in the wild. Today the acquisition of dosing control allows me to claim it's possible to expand pro-cannabic experience, quite on the contrary, because without this tool my tolerance issues were similar to the sound barrier once destroying planes before MACH1 could be reached... So i'd refrain from associating true "Micro-Dosing" as a piss-poor scenario, while adopting it for dabbing just sounds like some hypocrite excuse to further abuse.

Good day, have fun!! Cool

VoidBeast
#5 Posted : 4/5/2020 8:55:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Egzoset wrote:

So i'd refrain from associating true "Micro-Dosing" as a piss-poor scenario, while adopting it for dabbing just sounds like some hypocrite excuse to further abuse.

All I meant by this is that when I read info on microdosing, it's usually from the standpoint of "how to get some of the benefits of psychedelics while still being able to do laundry," so there doesn't tend to be information also geared towards people who trip once in a while. I'm not judging that; for some people that might be right, and for my current scenario I felt it might be right, too, whereas in the past when times were good I preferred waiting for the proper time to experience "the full enchilada." The reason I'm experimenting with it now isn't boredom or dabbling but to help my mental health during this challenging time, rather than looking for earth shattering experiences. In fact, I initially had no intention of actually tripping during the quarantine (thought it was a horrible idea initially), and only changed my mind after the mushrooms kept poking me in that direction (still thought it might be a bad idea but wanted to trust the mushrooms, they were right of course).

VoidBeast
#6 Posted : 4/5/2020 9:01:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Eaglepath wrote:
Don't worry about the tolerance.. you are usually ok after a couple of days.. I remember a period when I micro and macro dosed mushrooms every each day for half a year or something. One day on one day off.. a lot of learning.. And they helped me with a lot of exams in my Master studies haha.. sometimes the teacher started to morphSmile)

Thanks, after your reply I did go ahead with it this morning and don't notice any tolerance at all; it feels the same as the other microdoses did. Smile I've been having a lot of depression/anxiety with the current pandemic scenario and this seems to be helping me through this time a lot, allowing me to be in the moment and approach things from a different perspective. Also, having a close relationship with the mushrooms throughout my adult life (started growing them almost 20 years ago now), there's just a feeling like they are a supportive presence that is with me, which helps.

Egzoset
#7 Posted : 4/6/2020 9:04:25 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Hi again VoidBeast,

VoidBeast wrote:
Egzoset wrote:
So i'd refrain from associating true "Micro-Dosing" as a piss-poor scenario, while adopting it for dabbing just sounds like some hypocrite excuse to further abuse.

Oh, so it must have felt as if my comment was addressed personally.

VoidBeast wrote:
I'm not judging...

Perhaps i should have explained better what's actually on my mind, sorry if it sounded rude under such perspective!

IMO practically anything which can be pulverized/deposited on the tip of a microscopic heat-resistant pole (to emulate natural trichome glands) shall also prove easy to "Release" then "Transport" conveniently into the lungs path, possibly after a secondary heater stage dealt with "Atomization"/"Activation" of the psychedelic stream. Fragmentation of a bowl's contact surface promotes compatibility with convective/radiative heat while taking advantage of its physical incapacity to displace at infinite speed (e.g. smaller objects are first to thermalize locally)...

VoidBeast wrote:
The reason I'm experimenting with it now isn't boredom or dabbling but to help my mental health during this challenging time, rather than looking for earth shattering experiences.

Using enough dosing control i believe it's quite realistic for a linear range of applications to span from mithridatism to party doses, which is why i came to conclude the Energy Charge from a "Release/Transport Agent" needs to match its intended workload. Right now i vaguely evaluate each puff "costing" 25 ~ 30 mg of Dry Herb to imply a Heat Charge near 100 Joules - maybe half, maybe twice but not as far as fivefold. Assuming my bowl were replaced by some polyimide matrix, for example, it should suffice to "Packetize" heat in a reproductible manner to generate equally reproductible doses until such substrate goes depleted of noble molecules. Discrimination based on a combination of size/surface, thermal characteristics and mass can be expected to allow targetting of contact surfaces which is suitable enough for the application, medicinal or otherwise.

VoidBeast wrote:
...changed my mind after the mushrooms kept poking me in that direction...

What's nice with a consumption method providing access to controlled dosing is that it won't promote abuse by design, which means the tool shape's an individual's own consumer profile. One problem i used to face with smoking was the lack of dosing options: once lit i typically finished it, euh... As a matter of fact, even after switching to vaporist bags i still wanted to empty those, while the pipe is reconfigured to be left aside and forgotten by default (each puff implies another ignition is required to capture the Heat Charge and store it temporarily).

Briefly put, please rest assured the words "piss-poor" and "hypocrite" strictly applied to the consumption method and associated ritual. Nothing of personal nature was intended!

Eaglepath
#8 Posted : 4/6/2020 10:54:16 AM

Happy to hear it worked good!Smile

fathomlessness
#9 Posted : 4/21/2020 2:16:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

VoidBeast wrote:

My issue is, I would like to return to my schedule of microdosing mushrooms during this time, but I don't want to build my tolerance as this has been something I always try to be aware of. Normally I would give at least 2 weeks between full doses of LSD or mushrooms, but since I'm talking microdosing here I'm not sure. It's been a full week since I did the LSD and I haven't microdosed during that time, but should I give it another week? Or since it's a small amount of a different psychedelic, would it be okay to resume now? I can't find much information on this topic, since it seems most microdosing info is geared towards people who DON'T want to have a full psychedelic experience ever... thoughts?

Tolerance doesn't occur in microdoses to the same degree as it does with larger doses. It is simply a neurophysiological fact that the more of substance you have that causes downregulation of a receptor, the more downregulation there will be. Tolerance is usually 7-10 days with some people pushing it to 5. I find with lower doses it can be pushed to 3 or 4 and with microdoses it can be every day without much consequence.
Remeber that microdoses are where you don't feel anything at all. For cubensis this is in the .05-.1g range. I would say .2g is threshold. Also, if you trip on a larger dose of serotonergic psychedelic like lsd or psilocybin then you won't feel a low doses for however long the tolerance period is for you, nor will microdosing work. 2 weeks is fine tolerance wise to resume consuming low doses of psilocybin of lsd, however each individuals tolerance can vary significantly from person to person. Try it out and see what works for you! Thumbs up

Egzoset
#10 Posted : 4/22/2020 11:36:04 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations FathomLessness,

fathomlessness wrote:
...microdoses are where you don't feel anything at all.

M'well, considering what you describe above just sounds like mithridatism i'll simply continue to use "Micro-Dosing" to designate micro doses...