We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Wondering if this method works. Options

jaxxy1212
#1 Posted : 4/4/2020 5:22:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone! SWIM was wondering if this method was theoretically possible.

12.5 G of shredded Acacia Confusa root bark stored in 250 ML of water for 7 days refrigerated.

4 G of Syrian Rue seeds are then boiled in 400ml of water till the liquid is reduced to about a shots glass worth. Then it is strained through cheese cloth.

The bark water is then also strained using cheese cloth.

The Rue water is consumed first, after 8 min the bark water is then consumed.
Because I can!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

bismillah
#2 Posted : 4/4/2020 3:23:57 PM

My Personalized Tag

I tried doing a cold brew on mimosa once. I only kept it a couple of days. I ended up with a large amount of liquid to get down that was absolutely disgusting (none of the tannins crashed out) and was very weak. I think if you keep it longer it cam become fairly potent, but nowhere near as good as just boiling with some lemon.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

OliverJ
#3 Posted : 4/4/2020 5:23:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I second what Bismillah said. I did a cold brew for a week with lemon juice, shaking it up multiple times per day.

It was incredibly unpleasant and incredibly mild when compared to other methods. I don't see the benefit.

To answer your question, it is entirely possible.

jaxxy1212
#4 Posted : 4/4/2020 6:07:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if the bark were to be boiled with lemon juice, how long would it have to be boiled for? And what are the steps after it was boiled?
Because I can!

OliverJ
#5 Posted : 4/4/2020 6:25:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very easy to find info by searching mate.

Seeing as I'm writing I may as well say.

30 mins, simmer, strain and keep the liquid, then reboil with new water. Do this 3 times, collecting the liquid each time. At the end, remove all your bark, strain the liquid and then reduce it down to whatever amount you're happy to drink.

Enjoy Thumbs up

jaxxy1212
#6 Posted : 4/4/2020 6:57:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much! this information is very useful. Have safe trips fellow travelers!
Because I can!

bismillah
#7 Posted : 4/4/2020 9:53:03 PM

My Personalized Tag

Also it's good to leave the reduced drink in a cool place awhile. A lot of the grossness just calls out of solution, making it a lot more tasty than it otherwise would be.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.