We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Trauma and control and “the get over on people” mentality Options

BundleflowerPower
#1 Posted : 4/1/2020 4:03:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As Ive allowed my trauma to heal, I’ve encountered extremely entrenched resistance in me from what I call “the get over on people shit.”

It’s the idea that one must get over on others so that others don’t get over on one’s self. It seems at least related to the idea that the world is out to get me.

I think it’s a combination of being traumatized as a child and the control that goes along with that, and certain things about society which seem to have been running like programs in me since childhood. So there’s individual and collective aspects of it that I’ve experienced.

The collective aspects have made it tricky to heal the individual aspects. When I’ve gotten close to the gold in healing my own trauma, the trauma has basically “gotten over on me,” by diverting my attention collectively, either to collective trauma, or to perceptions of the mindsets of others, friends say, who may not have shown many signs of desiring their trauma to heal. And that’s where the part of me who still wants to fit in with others comes in. The common thought has been, why heal if no one else around here does? And other such thoughts. So I have this duality, where I want to heal, yet part of me hasn’t so far.

I think at some of it is rooted in the covering up of the shame of being bullied, or abused, or shamed for whatever reason during the course of my life.

Just desired to exercise some of it at least by writing about it.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 4/10/2020 10:20:17 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Thanks for posting this. You sharing your insights has helped me too.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

BundleflowerPower
#3 Posted : 10/17/2022 4:36:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Thanks for posting this. You sharing your insights has helped me too.

I'm happy that my post helped you. TBH, I'm still struggling with my trauma.

Tomtegubbe
#4 Posted : 10/17/2022 2:27:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe one of the skills that can aid in healing is keeping focus. I notice the tendency myself when feeling down to get lost in thoughts of "this is not going anywhere, it's never gonna change" etc. However, I think my trip experiences have helped me in noticing that these stray thoughts often masquerade as thoughtful ideas but are really just distractions that are often best just ignored if possible. When feeling bad, it's common to rationalize why you feel bad and can't do much about it, but if one can learn to let that thought arise and pass, there's an freedom that can arose as a consequence.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

#5 Posted : 10/17/2022 9:38:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A pretty cool guide to people, why they act, how they act and how to deal with them and the world is available.

Maybe Harry Browne's "How I Found Freedom In An Unfree World" or "Rule Your World" might ring a massive bell with you.

Both can be found at libgen.is

Have fun reading and you can pm me anytime with questions.

BundleflowerPower
#6 Posted : 10/23/2022 1:38:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I’ve had a similar phenomenon happen with myself. Trauma mascuarading as creativity. A kicking the can of healing down the road of sorts. Yet such phenomena have not been totally trauma based. I’ve discovered much actual creativity through these experiences. The trauma which has come to the surface in this way is usually infused with my desire to heal and express myself, which helped cause something of a language explosion in me.

And I downloaded the book.