We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hypoglycemia and tripping Options

Woolmer
#1 Posted : 3/31/2020 1:07:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to maintain blood sugar levels during a long trip.

Specifically, I want to dose up on mescaline soon and have heard that it is good to fast beforehand to avoid nausea. I think, however, that I might be hypoglycemic and when I haven't eaten for a few hours, sometimes only 4 or so, I start to get nauseous. This also happens nearly every morning when I wake up, and I believe the hypoglycemia is causing me to have bad sleep cycles.

I have only purged once from smoking too much weed on an empty stomach. I felt as though I was nearly paralyzed and spent a long time in the bathroom until I finally purged. I also became quite nauseous once when I took a morning toke of DMT but luckily did not purge.

I would like to fast before my mescaline trip because it hits harder and I'd prefer not to purge because I tend to feel really weak after this.

Does anyone know how I could maintain blood sugar levels while fasting?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

bismillah
#2 Posted : 4/1/2020 3:54:22 AM

My Personalized Tag

Maybe eat as normal (but eat well) and look into remedies to aid with nausea. I heard lemon balm tea helps, although I'm sure there is a myriad of different tricks.
Also keep in mind that a certain level of nausea is inevitable with psychedelics, and though I've never purged (even with heavy brews like mimosa tea) I'm always prepared for the possibility. Long live the yak bucket!
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.