We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How to strenghten yourself against corona virus. Options

Jees
#1 Posted : 3/27/2020 11:36:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

An acquaintance drinks colloidal silver water (let us assume safe doses) as a precaution to combat the upcoming corona virus.

I find this article that silver is mostly used against bacteria and that therefore it should be used sparingly to prevent bacterial immunity.
Antimicrobial Silver in Medicinal and Consumer Applications: A Patent Review of the Past Decade (2007–2017)
Quote:
4. Conclusions

The use of silver for its antimicrobial properties is increasing in numerous fields, including the medical, consumer, agricultural and industrial sectors. In just over 10 years, nearly 5000 new applications have been registered. The majority of the patents are from Asian countries, with Chinese language applications representing more than 50% of the global total, followed by Korean and Japanese language filings. Only about 20% of patents are registered in English.

While the potential benefits of silver are attracting increased attention, a number of publications have pointed out potential adverse effects from the overuse of silver, such as ecosystem disturbance [80], and bacterial resistance to silver [81]. Since our “armory” of antibiotics has been depleted by the rise in antimicrobial resistance, silver represents a new hope, but mindful use must be considered at an early stage to prevent a repetition of past mistakes.

We suggest that the application and commercialization of silver related products should be critically reassessed to avoid, or at least minimize, these adverse effects. In particular, while incorporation of silver products in an enclosed environment is justifiable, products which are expected to release silver into the environment should be avoided. There is ample evidence [82] that there can be adverse long-term effects from consumption or exposure to silver, so silver products should only be used in circumstances where (1) there is an absolute need for it, such as a medical intervention, and (2) in modes where silver is immobilized and containable.

So this article warns for potential bacterial immunity and is thus not in particular suggestive to drink colloidal silver as a prevention measure (the silver is not immobilized when drinking it).

The alternative health circuit is much more praising, it's good for this and that and whatnot. There I found this article that denies the immunity problem of micro organisms when it comes to silver. I put the pdf in attachment, this is the header:
Quote:
ABSTRACT
Introduction: Influenza is a viral infectious disease with frequent seasonal epidemics
causing world-wide economical and social effects. Due to antigenic shifts and drifts of
influenza virus, long-lasting vaccine has not been developed so far. The current annual
vaccines and effective antiviral drugs are not available sufficiently. Therefore in order to
prevent spread of infectious agents including viruses, antiseptics are considered by world
health authorities. Small particles of silver have a long history as general antiseptic and
disinfectant. Silver does not induce resistance in microorganisms and this ability
in Nanosize is stronger.
Materials and methods: The aim of this study was to determine antiviral effects of
Nanosilver against influenza virus. TCID50 (50% Tissue Culture Infectious Dose) of the
virus as well as CC50 (50% Cytotoxic Concentration) of Nanosilver was obtained by MTT
(3- [4, 5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl]-2, 5-diphenyl-tetrazolium bromide, Sigma) method. This
compound was non-toxic to MDCK (Madin-Darbey Canin Kidney) cells at concentration
up to 1 μg/ml. Effective minimal cytotoxic concentration and 100 TCID50 of the virus were
added to the confluent cells. Inhibitory effects of Nanosilver on the virus and its
cytotoxicity were assessed at different temperatures using Hemagglutination (HA) assay,
RT-PCR (Reverse Transcriptase-Polymerase Chain Reaction), and DIF (Direct
Immunofluorescent). RT-PCR and free band densitometry software were used to compare
the volume of the PCR product bands on the gel.
Results and Discussion: In this study it was found that Nanosilver has destructive effect on
the virus membrane glycoprotein knobs as well as the cells.
If it works on influenza virus it might work on corona virus too? I would think so.

So here's a contradiction in bacterial immunity towards silver.
If anyone has intel on this matter to share, it's very welcome, thx in advance.

Also welcome about other potentials to strengthen ones selves in these corona times, I certainly continue with my daily Syrian rue habit.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

King Tryptamine
#2 Posted : 3/27/2020 2:16:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional by any means so take what I say with serious caution in order to reduce potential damage to ones own health and well-being after consulting with an actual qualified expert first. Hey Jees, can't say I'm too informed on silvers antibacterial-antimicrobial properties or biology for that matter, but I may have some input on other factors listed: P.harmala, E.coca, diet and exercise.

Peganum harmala:

For starters I've already mentioned in a previous post (link below) that the seeds of this Mediterranean plant does indeed have a plethora of medicinal properties not limited to inhibiting the replication of the influenza virus, demonstrating some antimicrobial properties. However what therapeutic potential these seeds have against the corona virus if any, still remains unknown to me.

Erythroxylum coca:

This remedy is more of an aid-helper in the case of someone who has already contracted the corona virus and is seeking to rid oneself of one of the primary symptoms being breathlessness. I've been on and off of this plant ally of mines and one thing I always notice and I'm sure others will back me up here too is the invigorating effect the low dose tropane alkaloid has on ones respiratory system. In turn allowing to one to breath much more easier wiliest also clearing blocked (or partially) sinuses. Its very refreshing to say the least.

Diet and Exercise:

Since this form of protection has already been emphasized more than enough by various sources of medical literature I won't say too much on this other than this is arguably one of the most important factors to an individuals health and well being. Be it physical as is the case for strengthening ones immune system helping fighting off various diseases including cancer or mental as is the case for staving of depression via positive neural changes (e.g. increased synaptic catecholamines).

Link:

Peganum harmala - A Brief Medicinal Review - https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=91611

Edit:

My pleasure Jees! Anyway I forgot to mention that with the coca leaf I always pre-dose with a strong brew of coffee because I feel that the caffeine adds a 'little' bit of an extra push in amplifying the aerobic activity of these two wonderful plants, not to mention the explosive stimulant effect. Also to add that these two plants by themselves have shown some efficacy in treating respiratory-aerobic issues hence why they've been used to treat altitude sickness and improve aerobic athletic performance in the past and to this day. So it wouldn't surprise me if this combination would provide at least some help in one form of another be it the increased respiration or the extra energy one has to combat fatigue and relieving the symptoms associated with the COVID-19 virus. However again, like the syrian rue and it's effect (if any) on this particular virus, this combination has never been proven as an effective medicine and may even pose hazardous, hence why I gave the disclaimer. None of this has been tested.

Jees
#3 Posted : 3/27/2020 2:45:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

KT, love this kind of posts Love

Jees
#4 Posted : 3/27/2020 3:07:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pau d'arco.
I've got some in da house, among it's list is flu, asthma, bronchitis, infections from viruses
https://www.webmd.com/vi...edientmono-647/pau-darco

xss27
#5 Posted : 3/27/2020 7:28:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sleep 8+ hours.
Exercise.
Healthy diet - inc fresh garlic, ginger, herbs and spices.
No alcohol.

That alone is more than enough. Your immune system needs practice too, so cleaning everything down and washing your hands incessantly is kinda counter productive.

Anything extra is just fiddling with the edges and pointless IMO. Stressing out over it that much, again is counter productive.

benzyme
#6 Posted : 3/27/2020 8:08:10 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

first, your immune system has to recognize the pathogen. otherwise, none of those matter.
you can run 8 miles everyday, it won't matter. a lethal pathogen will do you in, regardless of how healthy you are. fortunately, this one doesn't appear to have high lethality...but there still isn't a lot of data. it is "novel", non-native to humans, unlike influenza-a, b, and c.
this is where a lot of people are misguided...treating this novel pathogen, as something ubiquitous.
Interferon likely has the most promise, as it always has been (used as a known anti-cancer treatment in the 80's, and anti-HIV), but it's prohibitively expensive.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 3/27/2020 8:10:12 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Jees, the concern with colloidal/nanoparticle silver is not about bacterial resistance; rather, the concern lies with the general toxic - colloidal silver showed cytotoxicity to kidney cells at above 0.5 μg/ml in the study you attached - and ecotoxic effects:
Quote:
The release of large amount of silver products into the environment may lead to disturbances of the microbiological ecosystem
if silver nanoparticles are released into the environment they will carry on indiscriminately killing microorganisms until the nanoparticles are neutralised in some way. Since it has become increasingly apparent that healthy microbiomes are a desirable thing, indiscriminate use of colloidal silver is something to be avoided.

It is generally accepted that because of the mechanisms of silver's antibacterial action it is very difficult for bacteria to develop resistance. There is no contradiction. The potential for bacterial resistance to occur is still a legitimate concern and the more that nanosilver antimicrobials are used, the greater the chance that some bacteria will develop resistance.

I'm keeping my viral resistance up with the methods xss27 has outlined, although Syrian rue may well be added to the mix in the near future.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dragonrider
#8 Posted : 3/27/2020 9:35:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
first, your immune system has to recognize the pathogen. otherwise, none of those matter.
you can run 8 miles everyday, it won't matter. a lethal pathogen will do you in, regardless of how healthy you are. fortunately, this one doesn't appear to have high lethality...but there still isn't a lot of data. it is "novel", non-native to humans, unlike influenza-a, b, and c.
this is where a lot of people are misguided...treating this novel pathogen, as something ubiquitous.
Interferon likely has the most promise, as it always has been (used as a known anti-cancer treatment in the 80's, and anti-HIV), but it's prohibitively expensive.

But older people have a much higher chance of dying because of it. So being in good shape probably increases your chances of survival somewhat.

benzyme
#9 Posted : 3/27/2020 11:12:20 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

*preexisting conditions..

people with asthma are more at risk, as are people living near refineries/industrialized area.
you could be fit 24-y.o., living in Port Arthur, and still get snuffed. It's taking the lives of old, young, healthy, unhealthy... sure, the rates don't favor the old and unhealthy. I don't think a well-balanced diet and weight-lifting have a significant effect on the data. There's no causality correlation, and/or simply not enough data.

but do whatever makes you feel better. some people pray. Laughing
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Jagube
#10 Posted : 3/27/2020 11:31:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

xss27 wrote:
That alone is more than enough. Your immune system needs practice too, so cleaning everything down and washing your hands incessantly is kinda counter productive.

So why are the experts telling us to wash our hands?

Jin
#11 Posted : 3/28/2020 7:24:23 AM

yes

Traditional ginger ale could help ?
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

xss27
#12 Posted : 3/28/2020 9:52:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jagube wrote:
xss27 wrote:

So why are the experts telling us to wash our hands?

To stop the spread of it. You may have the virus and not display any outward symptoms at all, but then go and touch various surfaces, depositing it for someone else to then get on their hands and infect themselves.

The issue with incessant hand cleaning is that your skin contains its own colony of bacteria. Alcohol based hand gels in particular strip all of it away and actually allow for more harmful bacteria to colonize the skin, which is counter productive. We also run the risk collectively of creating resistant strains of bacteria by our constant disinfecting of surfaces - we've already done this through over zealous use of anti-biotics.

It sucks that people are going to die. But our efforts actually make things worse in the long run for ourselves.. because the simple truth is nature always wins.

Incidentally I wasn't suggesting that a healthy diet etc will stop someone from getting a virus, but it's your best form of defense by giving your immune system the strongest possible foundation. Anything more (silver etc) is just negligible fiddling with the edges.

The Traveler
#13 Posted : 3/28/2020 5:44:07 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

This topic has been locked since it includes a lot of well meant but also ill advices for personal hygiene and health.

The Traveler