We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Glad y'all are here Options

null24
#1 Posted : 3/23/2020 7:25:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Just that, I am really grateful for this community in this unexpected time of need. Grateful also for the level of discourse on the current state of affairs and for the mods diligence.

I am staying off social media, as I think some of y'all may be doing as well, and thought it would be cool if we had a spot for us to give each other personal and local updates. What are thoughts on maybe creating a special sub to collect Covid-19 threads?

I'm well, my two roomates are well, we are using the time to do not much of anything, making fires outside at night, eating, cleaning working on projects around the house. I'm also making sure I keep all m self-care routines in place, making sure to check with myself and manage stress, maybe eat a little better and am getting lots of excercise. I am %) and do have respiratory issues being a smoker of many things for many years, so I am doing my best to mitigate potential damage as best I can. I am kind of in a creative dead-space, but have been doing some writing, if nothing more than sketches for things to flesh out. I have tons of drawing paper too...SO yeah, how are you and your people doing?

The weather is beautiful, this whole thing hit right at the end of the dreary season, and I am also grateful for that. If it was still getting dark at four, cold and constantly drizzling, I'd be pretty unhappy, to say the least. The Sun applauds the cherries who are all hung with their medals for making it through the dark season; and as we enter a Winter of another kind, they seem to be almost laughing, rather than oblivious. A welcome Spring rain and good high nighttime temps should trigger the warm weather mushroom season, maybe Ashtara will show us a little mercy here after the crapshow debacle of the Fall season.

The Oregon governor issued a stay-at-home order today, ordering closure of non-essential business and travel, but for the most part it as been a ghost town around here for almost two weeks with all resaurants on take-out only. Oregon is doing OK so far as far as cases but has been having problems with testing as well. Forgive me for worrying about something possibly trivial, but I'm stressed that my dispense will be closed and I won't be able to score weed since I get paid Wednesday and can't afford any until then. I was told that they fall under a medication loophole with the liuor control commission but IDK about the poor rec custies like me.

I'm not sure if I already posted this pic: It is a normally busy shopping/ emtertainment district street on Saturday. I wanted to capture the lack of contrails as well. The empty skies are beautiful, last time they were like this was the week after 9/11. My house is right between I-5, an international airport, the Portland shipyards on the Columbia and Willamette rivers, and the huge railyards that serve them, less than 2 miles from any one. Normally when I leave at 5:00AM the clang and bang of industry hammers upon the dull low roar of cars going to work, even in the distance. Lately the highway is even silent and all I can hear are the crows. It's eerie, sometimes I pretend I'm in some creepy movie just to freak myself out a little bit, ha!

Peace to all y'all, be good to you!
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Teamleary
#2 Posted : 3/23/2020 9:14:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Just that, I am really grateful for this community in this unexpected time of need. Grateful also for the level of discourse on the current state of affairs and for the mods diligence.

I am staying off social media, as I think some of y'all may be doing as well, and thought it would be cool if we had a spot for us to give each other personal and local updates. What are thoughts on maybe creating a special sub to collect Covid-19 threads?

I'm well, my two roomates are well, we are using the time to do not much of anything, making fires outside at night, eating, cleaning working on projects around the house. I'm also making sure I keep all m self-care routines in place, making sure to check with myself and manage stress, maybe eat a little better and am getting lots of excercise. I am %) and do have respiratory issues being a smoker of many things for many years, so I am doing my best to mitigate potential damage as best I can. I am kind of in a creative dead-space, but have been doing some writing, if nothing more than sketches for things to flesh out. I have tons of drawing paper too...SO yeah, how are you and your people doing?

The weather is beautiful, this whole thing hit right at the end of the dreary season, and I am also grateful for that. If it was still getting dark at four, cold and constantly drizzling, I'd be pretty unhappy, to say the least. The Sun applauds the cherries who are all hung with their medals for making it through the dark season; and as we enter a Winter of another kind, they seem to be almost laughing, rather than oblivious. A welcome Spring rain and good high nighttime temps should trigger the warm weather mushroom season, maybe Ashtara will show us a little mercy here after the crapshow debacle of the Fall season.

The Oregon governor issued a stay-at-home order today, ordering closure of non-essential business and travel, but for the most part it as been a ghost town around here for almost two weeks with all resaurants on take-out only. Oregon is doing OK so far as far as cases but has been having problems with testing as well. Forgive me for worrying about something possibly trivial, but I'm stressed that my dispense will be closed and I won't be able to score weed since I get paid Wednesday and can't afford any until then. I was told that they fall under a medication loophole with the liuor control commission but IDK about the poor rec custies like me.

I'm not sure if I already posted this pic: It is a normally busy shopping/ emtertainment district street on Saturday. I wanted to capture the lack of contrails as well. The empty skies are beautiful, last time they were like this was the week after 9/11. My house is right between I-5, an international airport, the Portland shipyards on the Columbia and Willamette rivers, and the huge railyards that serve them, less than 2 miles from any one. Normally when I leave at 5:00AM the clang and bang of industry hammers upon the dull low roar of cars going to work, even in the distance. Lately the highway is even silent and all I can hear are the crows. It's eerie, sometimes I pretend I'm in some creepy movie just to freak myself out a little bit, ha!

Peace to all y'all, be good to you!

Hey null24!

Thank you for all that.

I'm in Paris, France, on my own in my 300sqf, away from my folks, my brothers, my girlfriend.
I can deal with loneliness... one could say I had a lot of training Pleased
But it's another kind of challenge when you're still "connected to the mundane world". Especially that, as a teacher, I'm still working from home, teaching in VC... So I can't use this time as a retreat, I have to deal with the same kind of conventionalities and yet, I don't have the important human interactions...
For instance, it's been 12 days since I had a talk with someone "IRL". I can feel that it's "doing" something in me.

Anyway, I hope everybody is doing okay...

love,

paul
"How Small A Thought It Takes To Fill A Whole Life"
Wittgenstein

Jees
#3 Posted : 3/23/2020 9:17:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm also glad for this place and you all are here, big hurray for the internet.
Don't take the internet away in these times. For orders because stores are closed, for news and intel, for game and mind dispersion, fore google, family & friends contact, for working at home, ... more than ever the conducting/non-conducting state of a transistor plays a vital role. Invented in 1948 it seems, it determines our lives maybe more than we wish for because we become so dependent. The world stops without, it's no more a nice gadget, it regulates our lives.

Yes the sun!!! Very welcome, providing vit D against our corona enemy. Shine sun, shine Love
Makes health and days, this ball of fire.

Glad to hear you're hanging in there null24, life goes on, as is this crazy game of witnessing life unfolding in a proza of forms and more forms, this crazy fractal keeps blowing shapes and energy and whatnot, who invented this all? One thought has never left: why it comes in this particular way and not any different? There were about give or take infinite other possibilities yet no, it's like THIS Twisted Evil

We don't meet actually here, we glimpse pixels, a reflection of the person behind, and it serves purpose the way it comes, grateful and thankfully.
Love

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 3/23/2020 9:51:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My sister probably has been infected. Her symptoms are relatively mild, fever, shortnes of breath, pain in the lungs and dry coughs. She has it for over a week now and it doesn't seem to worsen. But it realy sucks.

It goes against all my instincts not to visit her right now. When i bring her groceries, i put them in a box wich i place in front of her doorstep, ring her doorbel and step back two meters. It feels weird and wrong, but if i get it, then i risk infecting other people and so on, so this is just the way it is.

FranLover
#5 Posted : 3/23/2020 10:14:50 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

I'm so glad I know you guys exist.

I'm doing OK. Working 4 days a week now, so got one more day off. Grateful to still be making income. Down in Florida here, where 48% of all cases in the 50 states happened. Drinking tea (Vervain ftw! Aya ftw!) and practicing fasting and long jongs, yoga, and meditation, so that at least if I get infected I'm so aware of my body Ill sense it readily and not infect anyone else.

Stay safe out there, each and every one of you♡♡♡
I laugh when I go to the supermarket and see people wearing Gas masks and Oxygen Deprivation masks Very happy pussies
(lol!!)

Long Live The World!
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Tony6Strings
#6 Posted : 3/24/2020 1:35:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Null! Hi everyone! Good to know you all! I'm here in Washington. I live in an apartment downtown in the states capitol city. Been hanging out with my girl. We had quit smoking weed for a while but are making an exception for quarantine. Laying in bed and watching stuff on Popcorn Time and loving each other. I vaped 45 mg earlier on top of a harmala cigarette and received an ass kicking hyperslap. Lol I've had some crazy experiences lately. We have had colds and are hoping very much it is not covid19. Crazy times but it is really good to feel human with all of you and with her.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Teamleary
#7 Posted : 3/24/2020 11:42:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
My sister probably has been infected. Her symptoms are relatively mild, fever, shortnes of breath, pain in the lungs and dry coughs. She has it for over a week now and it doesn't seem to worsen. But it realy sucks.

It goes against all my instincts not to visit her right now. When i bring her groceries, i put them in a box wich i place in front of her doorstep, ring her doorbel and step back two meters. It feels weird and wrong, but if i get it, then i risk infecting other people and so on, so this is just the way it is.

I'm sorry buddy, it does suck...
"How Small A Thought It Takes To Fill A Whole Life"
Wittgenstein

Jin
#8 Posted : 3/25/2020 6:19:25 AM

yes

I hope she gets better soon dragonrider

If her symptoms are mild , she should be fine soon
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

jamie
#9 Posted : 3/25/2020 12:48:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

FranLover wrote:

I laugh when I go to the supermarket and see people wearing Gas masks and Oxygen Deprivation masks Very happy pussies
(lol!!)

Long Live The World!

Must be nice for you if you are healthy and dont have to worry about underlying diseases and already sick family members.
Long live the unwoke.

FranLover
#10 Posted : 3/25/2020 6:34:53 PM

jamie wrote:
FranLover wrote:

(lol!!)

Long Live The World!

Must be nice for you if you are healthy and dont have to worry about underlying diseases and already sick family members.

even nicer for me is having a spontaneous sense of humor.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Bill Cipher
#11 Posted : 3/26/2020 5:38:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FranLover wrote:
...and practicing fasting and long jongs, yoga, and meditation, so that at least if I get infected I'm so aware of my body Ill sense it readily and not infect anyone else.

Your ignorance and flippancy just astound me.

FranLover
#12 Posted : 3/26/2020 10:10:57 AM

Bill Cipher wrote:
FranLover wrote:
...and practicing fasting and long jongs, yoga, and meditation, so that at least if I get infected I'm so aware of my body Ill sense it readily and not infect anyone else.

Your ignorance and flippancy just astound me.

Being the perfect example of virtue, intelligence, and humbleness as you are, teach us ignorant one's through example how to be as smart as you.

some of us just never got the message...

God bless you and stay safe out there ^_^

Bill Cipher
#13 Posted : 3/26/2020 4:56:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright. Since you ask, you can be asymptomatic for up to two weeks. All the tea and yoga and moronic word salad you can muster during this period is not going to alert you to the fact that you are in fact out in the community spreading it to others, who then in turn spread it themselves, and so on and so on and so on.

The people you mock at the grocery store as pussies who are wearing face masks and gloves, and those who are following isolation guidelines laid out by the CDC and WHO are doing their part to fulfill a social contract - that of limiting the spread.

FranLover
#14 Posted : 3/27/2020 1:25:56 AM

Very happy ok big brother

Icyseeker
#15 Posted : 3/29/2020 2:48:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Doing well. School got cut short which means that I get to learn everything I need right in the comfort of my own home. I am a pretty hardcore introvert so I am doing well in the social area (or lack there of). Spiritually I feel that I am in a heavy fog with no sign of reprieve. I think that I will try helping others with free time that I have left.
May wisdom permeate through your life.

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

"The only past which endures lies wordlessly within you." God Emperor Leto ii

null24
#16 Posted : 3/29/2020 4:22:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

FranLover wrote:

I don't get the passive aggressive hostility. If you are not suggesting, as it certainly sounds like you are, to ignore the guidelines sent out by global health authorities, then give us a good reason why. At this point, your comments aren't reflecting on you very well. I don't think I would survive an infection being a male individual over 50 y.o. with COPD and asthma and really do not appreciate youngsters depreciating my health and life with their ignorance and self-appointed, entitled superiority.

Please don't make me rethink my position on this forum.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

FranLover
#17 Posted : 3/29/2020 6:18:45 PM

null24 wrote:
FranLover wrote:

I don't get the passive aggressive hostility. If you are not suggesting, as it certainly sounds like you are, to ignore the guidelines sent out by global health authorities, then give us a good reason why. At this point, your comments aren't reflecting on you very well. I don't think I would survive an infection being a male individual over 50 y.o. with COPD and asthma and really do not appreciate youngsters depreciating my health and life with their ignorance and self-appointed, entitled superiority.

Please don't make me rethink my position on this forum.

Just relax brother. This isn't really that important. Stop reading so much into nothing. Dont take everything so personal, dont make everything so complex, so war like. Can I just joke around and be myself? Will you give me that gift? I am a human being and just as fragile as you. So everyone please just tone it down a bit. No one depreciated your health---thats a bit of stretch isnt it? C'mon guys. What are we doing here? I understand the crisis is stressful, but theres no need to take your agression off on your cryber friends (well, they are your cryber friends as long as everything they say doesnt rub off wrong on your ego, if they say something you dont like or you miscontrue then they are immeditatley your enemies and your aversion takes hold of you...no wonder we have posts like 'how to not lose friends over social media nonsense.' Your friendship is so conditional. Your praise is superficial. But so is your condemnation. This is all so superficial.

Bill Cipher
#18 Posted : 3/29/2020 6:42:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FranLover,

In recent days you have become, as far as I'm concerned, the most annoyingly repugnant person here. You offer little to nothing of substance. Your condescending, simple minded platitudes, flippant memes and completely ridiculous word salads are clearly annoying others as well, so because I can, I'm going to pull the plug on your Nexus access.

Be well. Just do your thing someplace else.

Goodbye.

(Edit: Your suspension is temporary. I've set it to end on December 31st, 2074. Assuming you have changed your style of engagement by then, you are welcome to return the next day).

dragonrider
#19 Posted : 3/29/2020 7:41:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Realy sad it had to come to this.

Be well fran.

Metta-Morpheus
#20 Posted : 3/30/2020 2:12:52 AM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Whoa...

Soooo, lets get this train back on the tracks. I am glad you are all here as well. I have taken 2 weeks of work off just to stay home, be with the family, and just relax. I have also thrown myself into some fun projects, which has led me to scour the forum for more info, and I’ve been on chat way more lately. So if y’all were not here, that woulda been much trickier. I tried an lsa extract on hbwr seeds, which didn’t come through. I am in the process of freezing some Trich pac cuttings now for a edtract in the next couple days. And I have a gvg coming in a week or two, which I will be running an extract on some acacia soon for trying with that... oooh wee! So thanks for being here. Everyone of you.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

12NEXT