We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Superhuman Cognition: Elon Musk's Neuralink Device Ready For Human Testing Options

benzyme
#1 Posted : 3/19/2020 5:48:31 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

https://www.disclose.tv/...yCNYnyHPJfUQ1By-nEjKfDmw
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Homo Trypens
#2 Posted : 3/19/2020 6:00:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

OP's article wrote:
Because of the possible threat of artificial intelligence in the future, connecting to such an interface may be necessary for survival.

Maybe. Or it may be the end of our survival, because it allows the machines to read our minds.

As long as it works only for sending signals from the brain to a machine, that's one thing. Possibilities as well as risks will really show once it can feed the brain information / sensation...

benzyme
#3 Posted : 3/19/2020 6:05:15 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I got to thinking about it chat..
bionics is going to be a thing, for sure, and it will be necessary to know some coding (genetic coding as well). I say this because as our environment becomes increasingly hostile, humans will need to adapt... also for space exploration.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

f1
#4 Posted : 3/27/2020 2:42:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How about devices like this can eventually record, upload and share our dreams and hyper visions?
Twisted Evil Cool #vr #stayhome
In the dance of astral hyperspace, we learn, grow, and connect. Here's to our shared journey through the cosmic tapestry! ✨🌌

xss27
#5 Posted : 3/27/2020 7:21:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah no. There is no way in hell I'm trusting anyone to interface my physiology with machines.

dragonrider
#6 Posted : 3/27/2020 9:30:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think it realy matters in what form information is being fed into the brain. Whether you get information into the brain by making it look at something, or read a book, or by neuralink, is irrelevant. The brains capacity to process the information, and store it, will still be the same.

If you bombard it with more information than it can handle, it will just start to ignore most of it.
A constant overload of information will more likely damage the brain, than improve it.

The only way this would bring superhuman cognition any closer, is by making brains communicate with eachother directly. Theoretically that would allow us to learn from eachothers experiences.

However, i don't know if our capacity to do that, would not require some experience in a certain field to be already there: could you learn to play a musical instrument like a virtuoso this way, if you've never played that instrument before and there is no information on how to play that instrument precipitated at all, in any of the neural pathways of your brain? I think you would probably not understand the mental content fed to you.
There would simply be no mental framework where it could be fitted into.

That is at least what i think.