We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Things are getting serious. Options

Jupitor
#1 Posted : 3/14/2020 7:28:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there a place in this forum for a discussion on the current affairs of the world like the corona virus and its consequences? Democracy is failing. Authoritarian regimes are on the rise all around the free world. Our leadership serves the corporations. The economy is crashing. Things are going to get ugly. Really ugly.

Are any of you as invested in the outer world as you are the inner?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 3/14/2020 9:12:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes it is getting ugly.

But i don't think authoritarianism is a winning strategy.

I want to see what is stronger..a society based on love compassion, or a society based on hate and fear.

Achilles
#3 Posted : 3/14/2020 9:35:49 AM

I is the obstacle.

It’s all part of evolution.... we’ll all eventually fall under a one world government or we’ll destroy ourselves before we reach that point, either way things are gonna get worse before they get better. Don’t stress to much.. all is as it was meant to be ❤️
This guys ego ^

PlantTraveller
#4 Posted : 3/14/2020 9:58:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Now is an EXCELLENT time for community organising.

Be in solidarity with those near you. Act for the benefit of everyone and others will follow suit.
Until we are all free, we are none of us free.
Emma Lazarus

doubledog
#5 Posted : 3/14/2020 10:09:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I live in a country with quite low level of social cohesion and I believe this corona virus case will help people here to understand the importance of cooperation.
So I do not think that things are going ugly for the long time, I am really optimistic.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 3/15/2020 4:05:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think its almost impossible not to be moved by all current events... This will be talked about in the history books in the future.

On one hand I certainly think the Nexus members are a superb crowd of intelligent people and love to hear perspectives on things such as this. On the other hand I also understand and am glad there havent been many threads here talking about the corona virus and consequences because we already have so much of this stimulus outside in all media, in conversations with pretty much everyone in the streets, etc. Its good to be able to just focus on something else. So I think its good if we limit and quarantine virus talk to one (or small number of) thread (s) , lol

As for the subject itself, it's pretty clear this is serious stuff, not just like a flu, and that the cat is out of the bag already and there's no turning back. In terms of health, a lot of people at risk, specially old people, will die or suffer. We hope this doesnt make a mutated come back like the spanish flu and starts affecting the younger healthy people due to cytokine storm. And then the economic consequences, so many people losing their jobs with all these quarantines (myself included).

I just hope there is some good coming out of this. At least we can suppose the pollution and climate change will be positively affected. Maybe this makes people more scared to go on stupid polluting cruise ships knowing that one infected person can screw everybody on board? Maybe many jobs that require you to go in person unnecessarily, or useless in-person meetings, will be changed to allow people to work from home? Maybe this makes people start appreciating small things like being healthy, like being able to go out and meet people, like giving hugs? Maybe this makes the health industry workers be better paid? Maybe this time the governments bail out people and not banks? Maybe this is an opportunity to rethink current capitalism? Who knows, we can at least hope for something like that...

Tony6Strings
#7 Posted : 3/15/2020 5:07:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

People in my area are going freaking crazy about this. Hoarding toilet paper and hand sanitizer, bottled water, its in the news, all the stores are out of everything. Fistfights in Walmart over the last package of buttwipe.

olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

endlessness
#8 Posted : 3/15/2020 5:19:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I never understood the thing with toilet paper.. Whats so essential about it? Got a dirty butt and the world has no more toilet paper? Just wash it with water... lol

dragonrider
#9 Posted : 3/15/2020 5:32:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
I never understood the thing with toilet paper.. Whats so essential about it? Got a dirty butt and the world has no more toilet paper? Just wash it with water... lol

Oh no, the end is near....quick, buy all the toiletpaper you can get!!!! And the soap!!!! And the last pack of tictacs!!!!

Tony6Strings
#10 Posted : 3/15/2020 5:57:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If the world was really ending, Her and I would make all the love we possibly could. Also I would smoalk moar dmt. So really, not much different than what I do regularly.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

dragonrider
#11 Posted : 3/15/2020 6:47:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
People in my area are going freaking crazy about this. Hoarding toilet paper and hand sanitizer, bottled water, its in the news, all the stores are out of everything. Fistfights in Walmart over the last package of buttwipe.

The whole corona thing is obviously just a conspiracy by the deep-state jewish elite toiletpapermanufacturers.

null24
#12 Posted : 3/15/2020 8:24:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Thanks for starting the conversation here,OP. It is indeed serious. We have to realize that this is just the first one, the first global pandemic of the connected world.

Dragonrider: indeed authoritarianism isn't the answer- as long as people take responsibility and act rationally, which indeed, except for the stupid toilet paper hoarding thing, which is real unfortunately, is what I have mostly seen. In the US, we have an entire generation of adults who have never known anything but restricted freedoms for the sake of safety, and I worry how this will play out here in the aftermath, with politicians selling "protective" and "preventative" measures to people who really know no better and have grown to adulthood remaining in constant fear for their safety from threats nebulous and impossible to locate.
*1/2 rant Razz .

This thing is affecting all of us, really nobody anywhere on the globe can remain untouched by this. I kind of feel like I'm living in a horror movie, the city is a ghost town, all events cancelled for over 250 people. I know a guy who could not give away tickets to Tool the other night, and I'm curious if they played to an empty arena.

Quote:

I went to Freddy's in a panic but there is still plenty of beer, thank Santa. These idiots don't know how to survive a plague. Disinfect from the inside out, I'm telling you. Once you're worried about having enough toilet paper to stem the flood waters, it's too damn late my friend!

Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Praxis.
#13 Posted : 3/15/2020 9:16:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PlantTraveller wrote:

Be in solidarity with those near you. Act for the benefit of everyone and others will follow suit.

This right here.

For better or for worse this is a turning point for humanity, and the impact this moment has will largely be determined by how we respond at the community level. Be smart and keep yourself safe, but check in on your neighbors if you can. Find out if there's anyone doing mutual aid in your area - things like grocery and supply runs, emergency funds for people who aren't able to work because of this, etc...

I know a lot of people are feeling anxious as this thing spreads, so a bunch of us will be hanging out in chat over the coming weeks and I encourage anyone who's quarantined or practicing social distancing to come hang out if you need a social outlet. I think we should try to keep conversations about the virus out of the main chat since a lot of people are logging in to get away from hearing about it everywhere, but some folks are sharing useful information in the Health Room (right side of the chat window there's a tab that says "channels", the Health Room can be found there).

I've personally been reeling back and forth between minimizing what's happening as not that big of a deal, or allowing my anxiety about the scope of it all to spiral out of control. Neither of these are helpful for anyone and having people to process with has made all the difference for my own sanity. So please don't be shy in the coming days/weeks!

We'll get through this. Smile
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

dreamer042
#14 Posted : 3/15/2020 9:19:03 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

The facts:
This is real, this is in your community, and a lot of people are going to die.

We don't know how to treat it yet, nor do we know how big and deadly this thing will be long-term.

This is going to get much, much worse before it gets better.

The response:
Don't panic! but please take precautions immediately.

Quarantine. Don't leave your home unless absolutely necessary. Don't wait for it to get bad and for the state to start setting up official quarantines, do it now, voluntarily.

Secure your own mask first. Seriously, wear something over your mouth and nose. Bandanna, scarf, diy piece of toilet paper mask, whatever; this virus passes via respiratory fluids, limit exposure. Also gloves, it can live on surfaces for some time. Never touch anything outside your home with bare hands. Wash your hands, clean your phone, keys, clothes, etc. immediately.

Protect vulnerable populations. Keep the high risk populations (such as the elderly, children, and those with compromised immune systems) out of public spaces. Divert and direct basic supplies to those truly in need first.

Support the front lines: The need for medical treatment is going to far surpass capacity. They can't do much other than tell you to go home and quarantine anyway, so just do that and don't tax these facilities limited time and resources unnecessarily.

The take home message:
Don't leave your home.
Don't leave your home.
Don't leave your home.

Be safe. This too shall pass.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

dragonrider
#15 Posted : 3/15/2020 9:49:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Praxis. wrote:
PlantTraveller wrote:

This right here.

For better or for worse this is a turning point for humanity, and the impact this moment has will largely be determined by how we respond at the community level. Be smart and keep yourself safe, but check in on your neighbors if you can. Find out if there's anyone doing mutual aid in your area - things like grocery and supply runs, emergency funds for people who aren't able to work because of this, etc...

I also want to add that while I agree it's a good idea to keep the number of threads on the virus limited, I know a lot of people are feeling anxious as this thing spreads. A lot of us will be hanging out in chat over the coming weeks and I encourage anyone who's quarantined or practicing social distancing to come hang out if you need a social outlet. I think we should try to keep conversations about the virus out of the main chat since a lot of people are logging in to get away from hearing about it everywhere, but some folks are sharing useful information in the Health Room (right side of the chat window there's a tab that says "channels", the Health Room can be found there).

I've personally been reeling back and forth between minimizing what's happening as not that big of a deal, or allowing my anxiety about the scope of it all to spiral out of control. Neither of these are helpful for anyone and having people to process with has made all the difference for my own sanity. So please don't be shy in the coming days/weeks!

We'll get through this. Smile

Economically, this is probably a very big deal. It has the potential to trigger a crisis, on par with that of 2008.

The chinese economy is basically a black box, even to it's own leaders, because all the cooks have been cooking the books there, so nobody knows what this is going to do to the chinese economy.

Most western economies are actually pretty strong, so it is not going to bancrupt america, canada, australia, new zealand, and most of europe. But italy could suffer more than a major blow to it's economy, because they've even quite literally have been governed by clowns for the last three decades. So that's a new eurocrisis in the making, if they and the rest of europe are gonna behave as irresponsably as during the last major crisis.

Personally, i am deeply worried about the older people in my family. My 80 year old mother to begin with.

But mankind has seen crises much worse than this, and recovered. All of this is nothing compared to the bubonic plague epidemics of the past.

50 to 80% of us will get this virus, and the vast majority will just get some flu-like symptoms.

Most of the drastic measures taken now, are to prevent healthcare services to collapse under a sudden influx of patients. Not the end of human civilisation.

Metta-Morpheus
#16 Posted : 3/15/2020 10:08:40 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

My kids school just got cancelled until further notice. They shut my work down for a day last Friday because someone may have had it. Sounds like a good time to take a vacation and be bored with the kids. Maybe we should start a good movies to check out while social distancing thread. Be safe everyone, we will survive.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Jin
#17 Posted : 3/16/2020 1:15:36 AM

yes

It's starting to feel like one of those zombie movie scenarios out there

Especially the news , at my home I feel safe

I can't believe its really going on
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

FranLover
#18 Posted : 3/16/2020 1:39:59 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Moderator wrote:
Removed. No need for memes which do and add nothing to this conversation.

This is no place for things like that. Next response of anything similar will get you a one way ticket out of here.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

SynKyd
#19 Posted : 3/16/2020 1:51:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I’m with FranL on this one, feels like a convenient way to close borders and cut off trade with China, and disrupt the election process.

The mortality numbers truly don’t line up with the response thus far, unless they know things we don’t.......hmmmmmm
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

Metta-Morpheus
#20 Posted : 3/16/2020 9:26:37 AM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

You know this thing is affecting much more than the us and our election. I’m not sure how you could think this is specific to our election process. The rest of the world got hit pretty good before us. I thinks it’s more likely that the us would jump on any crisis during this time, compared to putting out a world wide virus to get trump re-elected.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

123NEXT»