We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
B+ on whole oats.Bod's Unmodified Monotub TEK Options

Yugambeh
#1 Posted : 3/7/2020 5:59:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My babies are doing good so far, lost 1 jar that did not colonise.

/Y
Yugambeh attached the following image(s):
B+.png (6,944kb) downloaded 143 time(s).
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SynKyd
#2 Posted : 3/7/2020 11:30:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Planning to shake those soon I hope Love
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

Yugambeh
#3 Posted : 3/8/2020 11:43:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SinysterKyd wrote:
Planning to shake those soon I hope Love

Just done thatBig grin

/Y
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.

Yugambeh
#4 Posted : 3/20/2020 9:15:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bod's Unmodified Monotub TEK.

I’ve followed this tek to a t, and this morning I noticed tiny green specks on the surface, it can't been seen in the picture.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

/Y
Yugambeh attached the following image(s):
588B8D72-1F51-4FC4-A726-84AEA946F12E.png (6,991kb) downloaded 121 time(s).

coAsTal
#5 Posted : 3/20/2020 2:43:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Throw it away if it's triched out-- the infection/mold spores will get everywhere in your grow area and you'll have long-term contam problems.

You can let it ride, hoping the mycelium will somewhat contain the mold, but it's usually fatal to the project. You could drip Hydrogen Peroxide on the mold spots, or some people put piles of table salt on top of them to try and contain the outbreak.

Back to the drawing board brother-- happens to the best of growers.

SynKyd
#6 Posted : 3/20/2020 3:56:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just make sure it’s not dry and actually bruising on the white mycelium before you pitch it. If you can get a good photo of the green up close that would help.
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

Yugambeh
#7 Posted : 3/20/2020 5:05:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SinysterKyd wrote:
Just make sure it’s not dry and actually bruising on the white mycelium before you pitch it. If you can get a good photo of the green up close that would help.

The green spots are so tiny I need a really good camera to catch it, I'll chek my wifes mobile, she has a better camera.

coAsTal
#8 Posted : 3/20/2020 5:18:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, you really just could wait a day or two man-- if it's bacterial it will rapidly grow

doubledog
#9 Posted : 3/20/2020 6:02:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems that you have some serious trichoderma contam there.

SynKyd
#10 Posted : 3/20/2020 11:07:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Trich is usually bright white first and green with white edges, some other mold more likely.

Yeah after zooming in I think your tub is done. Sorry to say.

Yugambeh
#11 Posted : 3/21/2020 11:38:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SinysterKyd wrote:
Trich is usually bright white first and green with white edges, some other mold more likely.

Yeah after zooming in I think your tub is done. Sorry to say.

Yes it is worse today Sad

/Y

Yugambeh
#12 Posted : 3/21/2020 11:43:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

coAsTal wrote:
Throw it away if it's triched out-- the infection/mold spores will get everywhere in your grow area and you'll have long-term contam problems.

You can let it ride, hoping the mycelium will somewhat contain the mold, but it's usually fatal to the project. You could drip Hydrogen Peroxide on the mold spots, or some people put piles of table salt on top of them to try and contain the outbreak.

Back to the drawing board brother-- happens to the best of growers.

I'm trying to figure out where it got wrong, it took 6 days for the mould to show up, mixed the mycelium jars and the substrate on the 13/3.

/Y

doubledog
#13 Posted : 3/21/2020 12:01:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Your problems are most likely caused by not properly pasteurized substrate.

Yugambeh
#14 Posted : 3/21/2020 12:12:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

doubledog wrote:
Your problems are most likely caused by not properly pasteurized substrate.

I followed Bod's easy AF bucket tek: https://www.shroomery.or...umber/24077162#24077162.

"pour a quart+ of boiling water into your insulated water cooler. Put the lid on and shake it up.
this pre-heats the bucket's insulation
*you don't really need to do this and I often don't because I have shit to do*

Dump out the water now you have a preheated cooler.

put your coir brick in the bucket (650 grams"

"Coir or CVG(coir verm gypsum)
DOES NOT require pasteurization, there are no beneficial thermophilic microbes thus there's no reason to pasteurize.

Partial sterilization is 170F for 10 minutes. Of course this is not true sterilization but it's past pasteurization.

Coir works better cooked, you can simply hydrate coir with tap water and use it as a substrate, but mycelium enjoys cooked coir more, hence why I use an insulated bucket.

I find the temperatures in the bucket to be well above 170F over an hour later. This makes the coir come out a nice dark color which is what I look for."

/Y

Yugambeh
#15 Posted : 3/21/2020 12:22:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just found 3cc left of B+ in a syringe.

What is the best I can do with this to get a new batch G2G jar? LC? or both.

It is difficult to get hold of spore syringes/spore prints where i live.

Thanks

/Y

doubledog
#16 Posted : 3/21/2020 12:27:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some Coco coir types or batches have to be pasteurized. (kept wet and covered in some container for 50-60 minutes in 75°C.)

Just pouring boiling water on it and allowing to cool is not enough. It will results in contamination by this particular type of white-grey mould as seen on your picture.

doubledog
#17 Posted : 3/21/2020 12:32:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yugambeh wrote:

Thanks

/Y

Depends on your preferences, I always start with mycelium on agar.

SynKyd
#18 Posted : 3/21/2020 12:33:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yugambeh wrote:

Thanks

/Y

If you have access to agar you can start with drops at a time and they go much further. Agar plates with a few transfers then take a wedge to grain.

Most mold is from bad spawn, if you’re using a coir or 50/50 verm sub that is properly prepared.

Yugambeh
#19 Posted : 3/21/2020 4:25:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SinysterKyd wrote:
Yugambeh wrote:

Thanks

/Y

If you have access to agar you can start with drops at a time and they go much further. Agar plates with a few transfers then take a wedge to grain.

Most mold is from bad spawn, if you’re using a coir or 50/50 verm sub that is properly prepared.

I don't have access to agar at the moment, will get into that later when I sourced the items needed and learnt how it is done.

My head is not as it best now, was wrong medicated and got some really bad side effects, it will take a while to get back to normal. Difficulties learn new stuff and focus.

/Y

Yugambeh
#20 Posted : 3/21/2020 4:28:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

doubledog wrote:
Some Coco coir types or batches have to be pasteurized. (kept wet and covered in some container for 50-60 minutes in 75°C.)

Just pouring boiling water on it and allowing to cool is not enough. It will results in contamination by this particular type of white-grey mould as seen on your picture.

I will measure the temp in my preheated cooler next time.

Btw it is not gray, very white with a lot of moist on so my bad camera makes it look grey.

/Y