We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
any active lucid dreamers here?? Options

ambi-lysergance
#1 Posted : 1/19/2010 11:51:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am extremely lucky in that I can wake up in my dreams on average once per weak.

allowing me to explore the dream world and subconciouss on my own terms.

after watching "waking life" again it inspired me to see if I could acheive more frequent states of dream lucidity.

Ive read up on some stuff but am interested in the thoughts of the community here.

who has lucid dreams here?
how often?
do any of you people use any aids/herbs/techniques to induce lucid dreaming and how successfull are they.

I would love some reccomendationsVery happy

thank you
ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 1/19/2010 12:03:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

there was a time in my life where I had them basically every day, was quite amazing.. I made all sorts of experiments like teletransportation to places I wanted to go, 360 vision, breathing underwater, flying around, and of course sex too Smile I also tried communicating with friends in real life inside of dreams to see if I could ask something to them in waking state and check if we can really communicate in dreams.. (was never able to, of course.. hehe) I also used to ask questions to random characters in my dreams, like: "how does it feel to be a part of my dream?".. and once I got the answer: "but its YOU who's in MY dream" haha

but now I very rarely have them, mostly because thc interferes negatively with this and also my mind started being occupied with something else, too much happening in life.. sometime soon I will anyways take a break from thc vapping and will see if I can dedicate again my mind to lucid dreaming, because its great!

the techniques I used... hmm.. I got accustomed to making a 'reality check', which was basically to ask myself (even sometimes in waking state) if 'this makes sense'.. Or in other words, I tried to wonder about what day of the week is it, what year is it, where am I, does it make sense with who I am, can I make a coherent story from my childhood to this moment etc.. In dreams these questions cannot really be answered well, so this was a proof to me it was a dream when I couldnt answer them, and then I knew I could just 'get down to the fun' hehe

Also another thing that greaaaaatly increased my lucid dreams was to wake up sometime in the middle of the night (I do that anyways to take a piss, many times), and then stay in bed for 5 minutes thinking about lucid dreaming, and even trying to fall asleep consciously (yeah its possible) and go straight into lucid dreaming.

ambi-lysergance
#3 Posted : 1/19/2010 12:29:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
I also used to ask questions to random characters in my dreams, like: "how does it feel to be a part of my dream?".. and once I got the answer: "but its YOU who's in MY dream" haha

excellant stuff, love that quote!

thanks so much for such a great reply endlessnessVery happy
you must have had so much fun with this when it was at its peak so to speak. I love the idea of asking questions to characters in a lucid dream especially when you receive information you never knew, extracting lost knowledge from ones sub-concious maybe.

I also have the uncanny ability to perform tasks of extreme complexity with total efficiency, as if I know exactly what im doing and have years of trainingVery happy so amazing.

on the sex thing, its weird and terribly frustrating at times. if i am not aware im dreaming and im lucky enoughVery happy to land myself in a compromising situation with a foxy lady then the rendevouz seems to go plain sailingLaughing

yet almost everytime in my lucid dreams when I go hunting for sex (lol no I am not a fiend, beast or rapist lolol) well its my dream and I make the rules so erm swiftly moving on when the actual act of penetration is about to take place I awakeRolling eyes almost every time.

maybe Ill nail it one day (pun intendedVery happy )
ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

expanding
#4 Posted : 1/19/2010 3:34:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey
I havnt been experimenting with lucid dreams too often recently, but id say i probably still get one every 2 or 3 weeks. If i make an effort though, reality checking during the day, thinking/reading/talking about lucid dreaming id say i can have 2 or 3 a week atleast.
The main problem i find is that i only seem to get proper lucid dreams after a fairly long period of sleep. Often by the time im lucid it takes very little to wake me. I have tried inducing WILDs (wake induced lucid dreams), but i also find that i rarely succeed when im particularly tired.

One thing i have noticed since i first learnt to lucid dream, is that i often have dreams where i seem to know im dreaming, yet im not lucid. Im not sure if this is me becoming lucid for a second then falling back into a dream or not, but it certainly seems to enhance my dreams and make even more crazy stuff happen. I beleive it would also reduces chance of nightmares, although i very rarely have these anyway.

About dream aids, i have used calea maybe a dozen times and have never become lucid using it. It seems to make dreams more realistic and chronological. Which for me makes lucid dreaming much more difficult. I would also imagine it would be more difficult to alter your dream world using it, but i havnt had the chance to experiment with this.
Its definately an interesting dream aid though, i have had very long vivid dreams which i have remembered for much longer than usual after waking.

jacetea
#5 Posted : 1/19/2010 4:58:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have lucid dreams on the days when I don't have to wake up early. Tuesday, Thursday, and usually Saturday I'll have dreams in the morning. Usually they happen at around 9:30am ~ 10:00am. I've been told that this is because I know I can relax and I don't have to wake up for class. Less rush and worry, no alarm clock waking me up.

This morning I had a very disturbing yet fascinating dream. There was a city built near a ocean or something. It was built almost as if an island. Next thing I know, the entire city, buildings and all, collapses. Debris and heavy rock starts coming towards me as if it were a wave. I am hit and carried with it, my back is hurt but I am alive somehow. I look up only to see another wave headed my way, luckily the big stuff already hit and it was only small debris remaining that hit me. I woke up because I heard a very very loud BANG. I'm not sure where it came from though.

I think my favourite dreams however, are the ones where you decide to fly around. I had a dream very recently where not only could I fly around, but I could do it very fast. I was flying around someone's backyard doing twirls and spins. I could slow time down to complete complex twirls and spins within very short distances too. It was quite fun and I was disappointed to wake up.
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

69ron
#6 Posted : 1/19/2010 5:30:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to be heavily into this for a while, and had experiences similar to Endlessness where I asked similar questions of the dream characters, none of them thought for a second that they were just dream characters. Some said they were real, others said I was part of their dream.

I used to do things like fly, make dream characters appear at will, do all sorts of things, lots of sex of course, and then I got bored of it.

Once you master it, it becomes boring. Once you gain complete control over the other characters in the dream, it’s like playing chess with yourself. No fun at all. I then stopped lucid dreaming on purpose and don’t do it much anymore. Occasionally I might, usually for sexual release, and that’s about it. If I’m too aware that I’m dreaming it’s no fun anymore. If the dream becomes lucid, I might change it to suit my needs, and then try really hard to forget I’m dreaming so I can enjoy it more.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

jamie
#7 Posted : 1/19/2010 5:50:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I practice lusid dreaming..last week I went lucid for about 15 minutes..I flew up above the earth into space and a looked down at the earth as one whole unified system...it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen...and something happened..

I had some sort of peak mystical experience..and I believe that I was outof my body..like I think I was actaully in outer space onsome level looking at the earth..I could feel spirit with me..when I woke up I cried..
Long live the unwoke.

obliguhl
#8 Posted : 1/19/2010 5:53:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
when the actual act of penetration is about to take place I awakeRolling eyes almost every time.

For me it's the point of becoming lucid ("No way this could be real life..." ) Sad

But well well well...I do enjoy asking dreamcharacters things...but most of the time, they don't answer but stare at me like I've asked the dumbest question in the world. I once asked a women "What's the meaning of life" ..."To feed my kids" ....ok I get it, i'd just hoped for something more glamorous. Sad

LucidLemonade
#9 Posted : 1/19/2010 7:41:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
I practice lusid dreaming..last week I went lucid for about 15 minutes..I flew up above the earth into space and a looked down at the earth as one whole unified system...it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen...and something happened..

I had some sort of peak mystical experience..and I believe that I was outof my body..like I think I was actaully in outer space onsome level looking at the earth..I could feel spirit with me..when I woke up I cried..

I did the very same thing on one of my very first few lucid dreams... It was like you say... Astounding & I then decided then to fly to the moon, but got a little scared half way through becasue of the insanse reality off it all...Shocked

I used to be lucid all the time many many years ago... but SWIMs THC intake kinda kills any dream fun these days... This year SWIM has finally decided to only vap at the weekend and again is starting to have fun during the week again...

SWIM has just ordered some ( 4mg Galantamine, 200mg Choline ) tablets as he's heard many many times that these two when combined and taken at at about 2-4am after waking then when returning back to sleep they greatly increases the chances for becoming lucid....

His favourite used to be doing WILDS while listing to the Monroe freq's... he's had experiences similar to DMT flashes that way....
"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous" - TMK

Kartikay
#10 Posted : 1/19/2010 8:16:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll occasionally have natural lucid dreams, but not as often as I did as a child. I can force lucid dreams on myself, though. If I dip salvia(put a large pinch of salvia in my bottom lip) before going to bed, I'm guaranteed to have a lucid dream. The only negative part is that salvia tastes terrible. Ill wake up with the worst flavor in my mouth.

When I read about lucid dreaming as a kid, I was told that asking yourself if you're dreaming every time that you walk through a doorway or entrance/exit can help you achieve lucid dreams. That worked very well for me. The problem I had back then was staying in the dream-state once I realized I was dreaming. Sometimes the realization would make me wake up.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

sillysyban
#11 Posted : 1/19/2010 9:22:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was very into lucid dreaming for a long time. I used to work night shift and could sleep in as long as I want and waking up naturally really helps. I used reality checks at least 6-10 times a day. I also used to keep a dream diary. For me this was the most important tool. If I had a dream and then woke up and wrote it down in the middle of the night (well day for me) the next dream would usually be lucid. When in a dream my reality check was to pick an object and try to levitate it with my mind. If it came up I knew I was lucid. I flew a lot, walked through walls and changed locations by closing my dream eyes and picking a spot and then opening them again. I used to have trouble having sex or staying lucid at the start but I worked out the most important thing about staying lucid and not waking up is to keep cool. The moment you let excitement or emotion take over you usually wake up. One more tool I used to use was that sometimes when I feel the dream fading I would pick an object and focus on it as hard as I could. This can not only bring the dream back but give you a very high level of lucidity.
THERE ARE 10 KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
THOSE THAT KNOW THE BINARY SYSTEM AND THOSE THAT DONT.

Once
#12 Posted : 1/20/2010 2:08:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just the other night I had my first experience with lucid dreaming. I had drank a cup of Kratom tea earlier in the evening and then did an hour or so of breathing exercises and energy work before bed. I found that in the space between sleep and wakefulness I began to have dreams but I was totally aware and in control. This was very exciting for me, however I found that this method kept me awake late into the night practicing and took a fair bit of mental energy. I can't wait to continue this practice and see where it can take me.
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

ibeing897
#13 Posted : 1/20/2010 4:16:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have recently started lucid dreaming... I think, I was highly sceptic of this at first but my brief experiences have been super-interesting and exciting, its happened a few times now and I have no real control over it but they are all experienced on Kratom & weed, and I wasn't even expecting that effect... but to summarise, yeah, it was the sex dream at first and yeah, that gets boring and not that surprising really... the other 2 experiences were absolutely wild, one I became a martial arts expert fighting 8 foot tall rubber aliens who were invading earth, this was completely out of character and laced with metaphor about life and shit, I wont explain it... the last one was just the other night and it was something else, highly abstract but again another war scene where I'm in a mech like machine in an avatar-esque jungle only much more abstract, the sky was colorful patterns and fractals, the mech itself was more like an aztec design, retro with wood rather than mechanical and the "head" of the machine was shaped like a bison.... I've got to say this last one scared me a little because I was acting out stuff in bedroom, out of my bed and I awoke standing up which was fucking bizarre.... I got say as well these are all experiences in the absence of other psychs, I haven't done any for a while.

I will say the waking dream state is really something that people need to try, it's something else, although not entirely vivid for me all the time, it's really bizarre sometimes because you'll actually be aweke and dreaming at the same time, so for example, sometimes I fall asleep watching things on my tv, later I'll realise I have fallen to sleep, but that I'm able to watch the tv and dream at the same time, I totally get that whole night watchman effect now, I guess people say you get it with iboga and guyasa, I don't know, but I've had it... if I was a hunter in a jungle, I could use it to sleep and be aware at the same time... but I've had a myriad of effects, it would be cool to have more control over it...

all posts are fictional

ambi-lysergance
#14 Posted : 1/20/2010 7:28:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

excellent responses thanks very much indeed good friendsVery happy

69ron wrote:
I used to be heavily into this for a while,...........

I used to do things like fly, make dream characters appear at will, do all sorts of things, lots of sex of course, and then I got bored of it............

Once you master it,..........

you mentioned mastering this ron,

what techniques or aids did you us to help? if any?

allnatural
#15 Posted : 1/20/2010 9:30:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love dreaming, I dream every night (since I quit smoking weed) and when I have nothing to do in the morning I will sleep for 10+ hours because my most intense dreams happen when I wake up in the morning and force myself to fall back to sleep immediately.

I rarely become lucid, if you can even call it that, but when I do it is better than any drug I've ever taken. I've never been able to have a conversation about reality with any characters in my dream but I have been able to be self aware enough to think about what I want to happen and make it so, i.e. seeing dead relitaves, flying, chainging shape.

I find the easiest way for me to initiate what I would call lucid dreaming is for me to encounter something in my dream that reminds me of my everyday life (my car, house, local grocery store ect.). Normally when I dream it seems like every thought takes only a moment before my mind drifts on to something else, but the fact that I see something that normally is of importance to me makes me halt and question the reality I experience just long enough for something to click.

I used to take melatonin and Valerian root supplements, which I found made my dreams more intense and realistic, but would make me groggy in the morning so I stopped.
Greatest monologue of all time.