We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
hyoscyamine mescaline synergy Options

Attention All Shipping
#1 Posted : 1/18/2010 7:26:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

69Ron wrote:
I think it's because the harmala alkaloids are themselves psychoactive. I believe it's similar to how micro-doses of hyoscyamine potentiate mescaline, there's no MAOI activity involved there at all, its just their combined pharmacological effects that amplify each other.

SWIM found the best boosters of mescaline to be a standard dose of caffeine and a micro dose of hyoscyamine, especially when taken together. The two potentiate the effects of mescaline in a very positive way.

This is interesting. 69Ron, or anyone else with any experience of this, can you advise what you consider a "micro dose" of hyoscyamine to be. Is there a plateau effect with higher doses or do other (side)effects set in?

Can you give an idea of the extent to which mescaline is boosted by hyoscyamine, and how much & how the mescaline effects are altered by it?

Also I see that hyoscyamine has a derivative "hyoscine-N-butylbromide" which is used for the same pharmaceutical purposes. Anyone have any knowledge of its efficacy as a mescaline booster?

Thanks

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

69ron
#2 Posted : 1/18/2010 10:09:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A “microdose” that I’m referring to is about 100 micrograms. This is below the amount prescribed by doctors. The usual adult dose is normally between 125 and 1500 micrograms. If you go much above 1500 micrograms dangerous symptoms can occur (delirium, coma, death, etc.). In adults a dose of 10 mg is said to be the minimum fatal dose recorded. 100 microgams is 1/100 of a minimum fatal dose. So it’s a very safe amount.

If you take much more than 100 micrograms, say 500 or so, you'll feel dry mouth, and might get blurred vision. Its better to limit it to less than 500 micrograms.

SWIM found the best potentiation occurs when the mescaline is taken at the same time as the hyoscyamine. Low doses of mescaline are potentiated greatly. High doses are not. So the potentiation is related to the mescaline dose used. A 25 mg dose of mescaline used with 100 micrograms of hyoscyamine produces effects similar to 75 mg of mescaline. A 100 mg dose of mescaline with 100 micrograms of hyoscyamine produces an effect like that of about 175 mg of mescaline. The more mescaline you mix, the less it’s potentiated.

The mescaline becomes more euphoric. The visuals become more colorful, richer. There are other qualities that are apparent that are very difficult to explain. Maybe someone else can go into more details about this aspect?

I don’t know anything about hyoscine-N-butylbromide. I don’t see the reason to use it. Hyoscyamine is VERY CHEAP to get in its natural form. Many cheap plants contain it. The seeds of Datura stramonium are a great source. It’s the main alkaloid of the seeds. About 2-5 seeds contain enough for potentiation of mescaline.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Attention All Shipping
#3 Posted : 1/19/2010 7:15:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Ron,
The reason I'd asked about "hyoscine-N-butylbromide" is because, unlike hyoscyamine it doesn't require a prescription in the UK. I'm a bit wary of Datura in place of hyoscyamine as it isn't a 'pure' chemical & doseage would be more difficult to determine.

69ron
#4 Posted : 1/19/2010 9:19:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As long as you keep seed dosage below 10 seeds for Datura stramonium, you'll be fine. 10 of the largest most potent seeds possible can only possibly contain 700 micrograms of alkaloids. That's well within the safe range for these alkaloids. 10 average sized average potency seeds contain 280 micrograms. If you weigh out the seeds, you get more consistent dosage. Datura stramonium seeds contain from 0.1-0.7% alkaloids, with 0.4% being very typical. 10 mg of seeds can contain from 10-70 micrograms of alkaloids. 100 mg of seeds can contain 100-700 micrograms of alkaloids. It varies 7 fold, but those are extreme examples. They don’t normally vary as much as people tend to say. SWIM uses these seeds all the time from many different vendors. He’s used them hundreds of times. The potency by weight varies very little in SWIM experience with the seeds. 20-40 mg of seeds is normally enough for potentiation and produces no other noticeable mental effects.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.