We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Does DMT get easier with experience? Options

SickLilPsycho
#1 Posted : 2/18/2020 3:12:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Or is your 20th trip equally as crazy as your first?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Metta-Morpheus
#2 Posted : 2/18/2020 3:56:11 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I would say yes from my experience. It takes some learning and getting used to. I rarely get preflight anxiety anymore, and I have a better grasp on how to interpret and integrate the trips, compared to grabbing the “oh shit handle” and being too distracted with awe. They are still crazy, but you get used to the crazy.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

bismillah
#3 Posted : 2/18/2020 4:44:00 PM

My Personalized Tag

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Depending on what's been going on in my life, I can either feel like "hell yeah, this is my jam" or "I will legitimately go into cardiac arrest" when it comes to tripping hard.
The molecule never fails to surprise.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Eaglepath
#4 Posted : 2/18/2020 9:31:53 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

Definitely NO!
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

FranLover
#5 Posted : 2/19/2020 5:09:23 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

i think it gets harder Laughing
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

null24
#6 Posted : 2/19/2020 5:10:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Nothing easy is worth gaining.Razz
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

reallynotimportant
#7 Posted : 2/19/2020 2:40:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SickLilPsycho wrote:
Or is your 20th trip equally as crazy as your first?

For sure! I used to be real nervous and get pre flight jitters. Now I get none of that.
Don't worry, B. Caapi!

Samouzette
#8 Posted : 2/21/2020 11:48:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You get used to it, in a sense that you know what to expect. don't get me wrong, i'm surprised everytime, but at some point you know you're gonna be surprised.
Whereas my first time.. I knew it was gonna be strong and intense, but not THAT intense. Nothing had prepared me for this, not the endless hours of reading, trip reports, personnal experience.

And for this i think the astronauts are a good analogy for us psychonauts.
You see, astornauts have a really intense training in facilities to get used to the Gs, get to do a lof prep flights, 0G flights etc. But man, once you're in that rocket who's gonna send you into space for the first time, reaching that escape velocity of ~~11-12 km/s... different level.
And the same way DMT is always surprising, watching the earth from space will always have that awe feeling.(at least that's what the lucky astronauts say and i tend to believe them)
Look upward and share the wonders i've seen.

FranLover
#9 Posted : 2/21/2020 3:41:09 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Thats why the movie Contact is so good
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

VibeSurfer
#10 Posted : 2/21/2020 3:42:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Depends on how you use DMT over time. External factors and life circumstances will play a part as well. I think I’ve learned a great deal about how to mentally prepare and direct the experience, and how to confirm if it makes sense to do DMT on a given day. I would never assume that any of this would make me more or less prepared to “handle” the next trip.
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

unlocked_doors
#11 Posted : 2/22/2020 7:04:20 AM

It's Cheshire Cat o'clock

VibeSurfer wrote:
Depends on how you use DMT over time. External factors and life circumstances will play a part as well. I think I’ve learned a great deal about how to mentally prepare and direct the experience, and how to confirm if it makes sense to do DMT on a given day. I would never assume that any of this would make me more or less prepared to “handle” the next trip.

Mind telling us a bit of how you prepare? I think that's my biggest hangup - pre-flight jitters. Also, are you a believer in the philosophy that breakthrough doses are better for beginners, in order to get past some of the lower-dose anxiety that some newcomers experience?

“If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed. It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed.”
― Marcus Aurelius

👽℞
#12 Posted : 2/22/2020 9:45:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Make it a ceremony and the pre flight jitters will fade some over time. If you are entering into these experiences with respect and maybe even reverence, the experience itself can unfold in a much more smoothly with much less anxiety. I think a lot of the anxiety we can experience just before ingestion is the ego's way of calling us to non-action, it wants to delay us, if only for a moment, it wants to live. I think it's important to shower this ego with love just before the trip in a ceremony that is just for the ego. It's a celebration of the ego. Celebrate before and Celebrate afterward with ceremony. Celebrate your life! It can help the ego let go!

I think it takes a good amount of courage to engage with DMT. Ceremony till the sun comes down and that trepidation can arise rather quickly, that feeling when you approach the top of the cliffside. Nothing much you can do about that feeling I am afraid. As with many great things in this universe, you have to have some courage to get there. One of the main reasons I decided to become a member was because of the screen that pops up just before you click to become a member. I never had seen that screen until recently. That screen stated that the DMT nexus respects anyone who ventures into these challenging experiences and that requires support. Sign me up after I read that. I like the thought of that. It validated my experiences immediately. The DMT club, How many dang people have seen what we have seen? I think we need to support eachother through these tough experiences. These experiences are crazy each and every time. My last was just as f&^ked up as my first every which way through and through. It never ceases to amaze me.

VibeSurfer
#13 Posted : 2/23/2020 6:18:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

unlocked_doors wrote:
VibeSurfer wrote:

Mind telling us a bit of how you prepare? I think that's my biggest hangup - pre-flight jitters. Also, are you a believer in the philosophy that breakthrough doses are better for beginners, in order to get past some of the lower-dose anxiety that some newcomers experience?

Breathe, breathe, breathe. Make sure you are in a comfortable position, within a comfortable physical place. I usually grab my vaporizer, and begin by either laying on my bed or sitting on my couch. If I experience a faster heartbeat and breathing I wait for that to subside. It may not happen at all, or it might take 5 or 10 minutes (feels way longer than it is). When you are ready, you will know.

Depending on the method of vaporization, doing the hits correctly might preoccupy most of your thoughts anyways, so just roll with that as best you can. This is kind of why finding an efficient piece is so important.

What is best for a beginner would be up to them. Just pay attention to how comfortable, excited, and nervous you are with the doses as you go up to approaching the breakthrough. No one has any business telling you to override your sense of comfortability based on their own experiences as an entirely different person Thumbs up The journey is yours, so let it be yours
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

HyperJester
#14 Posted : 4/1/2020 5:16:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've done DMT around 50 times, I found I became more relaxed and less worried about it, but I found towards the end my EGO crept in and got me to do really stupid things in my mind, which I never did in the beginning. So you do have to remain conscious of what it is you're doing, and that you're accessing a deeper part of yourself, that's not only observed by who you think you are, but it's in the spiritual universe and God-consciousness, what you do, think, see, is witnessed always by the one.. I let my unconscious habits and ego take over a few times without realizing what I was doing and suffered for it. I had sexual fantasies come out in DMT state where this feminine energy was around me, and in my mind I gave it permission to heal me, then that healing love turned into sexual, like a Goddess was making love to me, but nonphysical, just in the mind space.. I could feel the sensation of love making and the bliss of it, and voices were talking to me telling me what a divine privilege this was.. Then it turned into a space where I was a creator and it was telling me to create my own Goddess to make love to, and I was molding a divine feminine form and started to make love in my mind.... I got lost in it for a while, but I didn't know what I was doing, it was like subconscious coming out, and I didn't understand how bad that is, and how wrong it is.. I felt awful afterwards, to degrade a Goddess or God in that way.
That I had turned it into an object of selfish pleasure in my mind. So I recommend you control your mind in those states because it can lead you to do things you'll regret, and you're in such a suggestible state you can't tell you're doing something wrong in the moment because it's so convincing and persuasive.

Mantras will help you keep to a right track for profound experiences and true breakthroughs. For me a true breakthrough is connecting to your true self, the divinity within you, the divine spiritual universe of pure mind. Playing around with clowns and jesters, and multi-dimensional beings is a waste of time in my opinion, everything you experience on DMT is the self. It's all happening within consciousness, and all of it is an illusion of manifestation form coming from that unbound infinite, pure self of pure consciousness.
Repeating "I am the manifestation of pure consciousness, within the light and love of God"
I was picked up on a white spiritual dragon, which I took to be the form of the spirit of the universe, and it flew me along white / grey / blue etheric light spaces with orange fractal patterns flickering off like fireworks around us, beautiful.
It flew me through so many incredible spaces of light until it dropped me off on the top of a white tower of light, where I actually stepped back off the tower because it felt too much for me, like I wasn't worthy of it. But that spiritual light is you, your true self, it's not "your" consciousness, it's a shared universal mind, everyone is that. What you are seeing and experiencing is elements of your true self beyond the body, but i goes back to nothing, it all emerges from a source of pure consciousness, pure intelligence, purified non contaminated by concepts or form. That is your highest self, we are all part of God. DMT does connect you to that field, but you have to understand it's yourself, but not " you " as a human, the spirit within you and everything else that exists, the spirit that's connected and part of God.

Another instance I tried to train my mind and body to feel worthy of God by getting myself to the spiritual lights,
if at first you see darkness, and bright vivid colours / clown faces etc, you can go past it, you raise up above it, knowing that's one level of consciousness and it expands higher and to more subtle aspects, you do that consciously to get to the spirt place.. From there I said "I am teaching my body" placed my hand across my chest and said "I am worthy of love, I am worthy of God, I love you" and repeated it to teach my mind and body we are worthy of that, and it's the ego mind that tells us we are not good enough. The dragon flew me softly through beautiful spaces of healing lights.

Another one to try is "I am not the body, I am not the mind" over and over again, those spiritual white lights roll away like clouds in a dream and reveal and infinite darkness, a void.. a space with no form, but pure consciousness, you just exist within it as an awareness and it's the most "real" thing I've ever experienced, you see the lights actually roll back like clouds being pushed away to reveal this eternal infinite space.

Anonymous2
#15 Posted : 4/1/2020 5:56:05 PM
The more you know

It depends.

My first DMT (40mg) was an NDE. I could say I thought I wouldn’t come back. It’s not true because I wasn’t even able to think. Then, as soon as I was coming back, I wanted to stay. When I was back, I didn’t want to talk.

Compared to the first time shock, yes, it became easier.

What didn’t become easier is a physical symptom, a pressure on me that I find uncomfortable. That’s why I didn’t vape DMT in the last months. I will do it though.

All my trips that were mentally heavy and difficult were with the combination of MAOI. With mushrooms, it was scarier than with DMT. I thought I disabled that function of my body that could have saved me from what I had done to me. I knew it was only the question of time to have it function again. But time stopped. You can imagine.

As you see, either I’m still here, or I have become so powerful I can send posts from the Astral Plane.

Anonymous2
#16 Posted : 4/1/2020 5:59:19 PM
The more you know

FranLover wrote:
Thats why the movie Contact is so good

Wow, I liked it a lot.

Have you seen Predestination?

Anonymous2
#17 Posted : 4/1/2020 6:00:42 PM
The more you know

FranLover wrote:
i think it gets harder Laughing

So funny.

Anyway, if it gets too easy, you can always reach for Salvia.

Daturas
#18 Posted : 4/3/2020 4:01:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Try this Laughing

Bardo soul surgery computation
If you created me, who created you? ∞

La Alquimista
#19 Posted : 4/3/2020 9:41:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Some aspects became easier such as the stomach upset and the nervous, these get better as become used to them and as learn to dose responsible. Psychedelic aspect does not feel to change it varies more with set and setting, mindset also choice of companions more than with experience. Trips can be as good as the first or better with appropriate mental preparation.