We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Help a first-timer please! Options

DeeOhDaboGee
#1 Posted : 1/18/2020 9:23:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Dear people,

I had my first (but technically the third) encounter with Dimitri this past week. Now I'm very confused because when I vaporized it I did not get any effect but when I seemingly burned it I got knocked out. Could someone give me some advice on my situation before I dip my toes into hyperspace again?

I used a Yocan Evolve Plus with a ceramic donut, my first attempt I loaded up 30mg, melted first, put on the cap, press the button and gently inhale for as long as I could, pulse in between, held it for 10+ sec, exhale. The vapor indeed tasted very mild with a faint new shoe smell and easy to breathe in. Yet after 3 hits, I felt absolute NOTHING but some teensy-weensy little colorless CEVs.

After one hour, I loaded 50mg and tried again. This time I held the vapor in my lung even longer, but not even any more CEVs this time.

Waited another hour, filled the coil with another 60mg (I know this is an unreasonable dose for a first-timer but I was frustrated that previous dose did not even produce much effect). Repeat the process, after one hit still nothing. Disappointed and frustrated, I kept holding down the button until the device gets really hot. I hit it again, but this time the device produced a cracking/bubbling sound like when you hit a Juul, and "vapor" gets really milky.

As I draw the vapor in my mouth, it tastes very bitter, with a strong plastic odor. And I could clearly feel the vapor (or is it smoke already?) going into my lung, whereas the first two attempts I felt like I was breathing air. It wasn't too harsh, maybe because I am a cigarette smoker. But it did leave a very foul taste in my mouth.

Just I was holding it and suspecting that I burned the spice. A freight train hit my face. My visual goes crazy. I managed to take another half-assed hit before I had to lie down and close my eyes. My head was filled with a ringing sound, and I could not see anything but full-blown bright geometric patterns morphing at a crazy speed. None of my prior LSD and Mushroom trips produced vivid visuals like this. At this point, I continued to feel a heavyweight on my face and I kept telling myself that I'm ready to surrender. But the crazy CEVs faded away rather quickly. I was back to normal after 8 to 9 minutes or so, and it felt even shorter.

So did I burn my spice?

If so, can anyone explain why I felt nothing when seemingly I properly vaped the spice but got knocked out when I burned it?

Is the smoke supposed to taste THAT chemically bitter?

Was my experience just in the waiting room before the breakthrough?

Thank you!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

VibeSurfer
#2 Posted : 1/18/2020 10:21:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you are holding your hits as long as you say you are, I would guess you did not vaporize very much of it at all with your first few doses. It sounds like on the last one you were able to consume a decent amount of DMT. You might be confusing the experience you presume to be smoking burnt DMT with an actual vaporized DMT experience. DMT does have an aroma that takes some getting used to, and if you are pulling it into your lungs you are definitely going to taste it. I imagine with your setup it would be quite hot even when vaporized but not burnt. If I use an oil burner, it tends to be harsher. If I use my SMOK Stick V8, it's perfect and very clean. The GVG is supposedly one of the smoothest things to smoke it out of, but I haven't tried it.
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

DeeOhDaboGee
#3 Posted : 1/18/2020 11:23:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

VibeSurfer wrote:
If you are holding your hits as long as you say you are, I would guess you did not vaporize very much of it at all with your first few doses. It sounds like on the last one you were able to consume a decent amount of DMT. You might be confusing the experience you presume to be smoking burnt DMT with an actual vaporized DMT experience. DMT does have an aroma that takes some getting used to, and if you are pulling it into your lungs you are definitely going to taste it. I imagine with your setup it would be quite hot even when vaporized but not burnt. If I use an oil burner, it tends to be harsher. If I use my SMOK Stick V8, it's perfect and very clean. The GVG is supposedly one of the smoothest things to smoke it out of, but I haven't tried it.

Thank you very much for your time and response!!

Couple follow-up questions:

I understand that DMT has this plastic-y/burnt rubber smell to it. But my biggest gripe is the overwhelming bitterness in the vapor as if my mouth is instinctively telling me that it is toxic. I had tobacco ashes/MJ tar gotten into my mouth before but the DMT vapor/smoke is overbearingly bitter on a whole another level. I read others' experiences saying if the spice is properly vaporized, it would have a minimal taste. Did you notice such bitterness from your past dosing?

If not, though it is fluffy white crystal I extracted myself, could the bitterness be contributed to impurity in the spice?

SynKyd
#4 Posted : 1/18/2020 10:11:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Was the ceramic new?

Sounds like you may have burnt some, possibly after not vaporizing any or very little and building up a large reserve in the disc. If the disc was not new it may have reacted with other substances also. Of course it could be an impurity in your extraction as well.

The taste when it’s clean crystals and properly vaporized isn’t as you described, in my experience.
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.