We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is washing DMT for pharmuasca necessary? Options

shufflelot
#1 Posted : 1/16/2010 5:15:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I just did a SC wash using a sep funnel on my last lye based STB extraction and it didn't seem to get it any whiter, except there's less then half then when I started, Im a bit worried of losing dmt and am considering just doing a pharma without washing it. Its a pale yellow a very fluffy,is it necessary to wash it to get out trace lye?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 1/16/2010 5:19:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

For oral DMT I'm much more concerned with clean spice than I am with smoked DMT.

If I have lye contamination then it won't vaporise. But it can be swallowed.

shufflelot
#3 Posted : 1/16/2010 9:00:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

sorry, when your digesting it you ARE concerned with it being clean? or only only concerned when smoking it for vapirising issues?

SpasticSpaz
#4 Posted : 1/16/2010 10:56:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
For oral DMT I'm much more concerned with clean spice than I am with smoked DMT.

If I have lye contamination then it won't vaporise. But it can be swallowed.

Just acidify to 3-4 with some lime juice before consumption, if your worried about that. A little sodium citrate and water never hurt anybody.

jamie
#5 Posted : 1/16/2010 11:09:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

shufflelot wrote:
sorry, when your digesting it you ARE concerned with it being clean? or only only concerned when smoking it for vapirising issues?

I think soulfood means that the lye will not vaporise..so he it stays in the pipe and not in his lungs..but if you ingest it you will also ingest the lye..so you want it cleaner for oral use
Long live the unwoke.

shufflelot
#6 Posted : 1/17/2010 12:15:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh right, I read that in a rushSmile
SpasticSpaz are you suggesting if you acidify the dmt to 3-4 with lime juice any lye traces will be neutralized?
My first extraction had a couple small dark spots in it I imagine were lye traces, but later extracts look quite clean, but perhaps lye traces can be non visible?

Im also noticing, I tested some OJ and it had a ph of about 3, but when I mixed in the DMT and Rue extract there are a lot of particles floating around,looks like the 'dmt' mostly, I take it this is a bad thing and it needs to dissolve properly?