We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hypnosis Options

Metta-Morpheus
#1 Posted : 1/15/2020 3:08:21 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

What are people’s opinions on the legitimacy of hypnosis?
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

bismillah
#2 Posted : 1/15/2020 3:26:46 PM

My Personalized Tag

We see that different people are suggestible to different degrees, and many people are probably high enough on that spectrum that something like hypnosis could work (and has in the past). But how do you even define hypnosis?

A common thing for classical musicians is to have a "pre-performance ritual", where they wholeheartedly believe that doing some arbitrary thing (like praying over a handful of salt, wrapping it in a tissue and then putting it in their pocket) before a concert helps them focus and relieves their anxiety—and because they believe it works, it works. But you have to be able to convince yourself that something like that would have any effect in order for it to... have any effect. Hence why I had to get over my nerves the old-fashioned way.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Achilles
#3 Posted : 1/15/2020 4:44:49 PM

I is the obstacle.

I agree with bismillah. I believe it’s a subjective experience that is determined by the person and how much of it theyre willing to believe. I might be wrong. But I just don’t really buy that you can crack someone’s brain so easily.
This guys ego ^

Metta-Morpheus
#4 Posted : 1/15/2020 11:31:10 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I agree that one has to believe it will work and allow it to work for it to work. I always played hypnosis off as a joke, or the “hypnotized” were in on it. But as I’m learning to navigate my consciousness, I feel more open to the concept. I heard this ad on the radio about a hypnosis seminar to help people loose weight today. It got me thinking on the subject.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

lsrvnt
#5 Posted : 1/16/2020 1:51:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Metta-Morpheus wrote:
What are people’s opinions on the legitimacy of hypnosis?

Its Incredibly real and is just another name for the awareness of the tancelike and magical capabilities of language that many cultures have created however its the only form that western society has used or even vaguely believed in. It can work on anyone no matter what ppl say you just have to be really really good. crazy shit is possible in the realm of visualization, memory recall or loss, both positive and negative hallucination, timeshifting and many more impossibilities. look up darron brown for the more pop culture stunt magic type hypnosis or if ur really curious read the book transfigurations. I gotta old leather bound copy shit is a straight wizards spell book.

FranLover
#6 Posted : 1/16/2020 7:15:55 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Yes hypnosis is real and at its core is based on the simple understanding of consciousness and its shifts into different states.

In this playlist hypnotherapist Dan Jones explains common questions about hypnosis and hypnotherapy.

And this is is one of his many hypnosis videos for falling asleep. Lay down in darkness and practice breathing and discover the various meanings of breathing correctly all day and the various simple techniques of breath and go into it...hypnosis works for the same reasons Mariylin Monroe or Rudolph Valentino worked on screen; the power of suggestion on the unconscious. German expressionism also excerts its powerful effect through suggestion.

And as many of us have experienced hypnosis or hypnotic 'visuals' are a staple of DMT; black and white swirls, black and white tile floors, swirling galactic wormholes. Many parts of the DMT experience are based on mesmerization. We like a steady flow. We yearn to be mesmerized, because in that state we can totally relax...we enter into the field of emptiness; absolute bliss. For relaxation we need concentration on one fixed point. Complete relaxation is what we yearn for, its our little home inside ourselves. Yoga and meditation are forms of mastering one-pointedness and proper concentration so that we return to that pure state.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

xss27
#7 Posted : 1/16/2020 5:32:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hypnosis absolutely works. It's become somewhat of a gimmick in modern culture and downplayed, because really the implications are a bit terrifying to people.. that we are not as in control of ourselves as we'd like to believe we are. That we are highly programmable organic units.

At a low level all advertising is a form of hypnosis. At a medium level you can induce states that make people perceive things that aren't there and do all sorts of stuff. At a high level you don't even need the 'hands together' or other tricks to put people into that state, you can literally point at them and force them under - this hypnosis at a distance isn't widely known and is likely related to 'transmission' in myticism.

You can self-hypnotise yourself too. Two personal examples:

- A particular situational anxiety I developed. I remember the instant I allowed myself to fall into the self-hypnosis, I can still picture the sidewalk in my mind, and also why I allowed it to happen.
- Waking up seconds before my alarm clock is due to go off in the morning. Handy at first but became particularly irritating after awhile!

Neither of those examples required me to sit down, breath, or do anything gimmicky. I can't describe it except to say it is a subjectively felt state and I know when I'm in it. I have a weird relationship with my brain/mind Big grin - I can trigger ASMR, stop a sneeze right at the peak, hiccups, all with intention alone. All that is related to hypnosis in the sense that our minds are far more influential, and able to be influenced, than we know.

SynKyd
#8 Posted : 1/26/2020 2:35:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Similarly, learning to lucid sleep is retraining your brain (hypnotizing) yourself to stay asleep and control the awareness in that state.

I was skeptical, but saw some kids at a high school after prom all get completely lost in a guys thing, on stage, in front of the entire school. I even talked to one of them afterwards, it was very real and they had no control of their actions. Knowing the kids involved and the small school, there was no way they would have all been in on it together. Too many different groups and cliques, their monkey brains were completely shut off.
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.