We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
And Oldie but a Newbie Options

Azazel
#1 Posted : 1/12/2020 8:00:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've extracted and smoked DMT and its cousins for over twelve years now (little to none in the last few, though) with yields of every sort from yellow powdery freeze precipitates to crystal shards, waxy shavings and chunks, and plenty of goos and resins. I've vaporized practically every which way at my disposal from the bulb (briefly, but ugh...) to nearly every (sensible) variation of "the machine" including the use of a bubbler for most of that time, gradually getting better, not only at protecting the product from flame, but also at delivering the dose in larger amounts and more quickly, both by way of technique and technical modification. I even casually dabbled in smoking changa off and on, sometimes too successfully, sometimes barely at all (only ever wanted it for ease of transport).

Brews came first, of course (about a year prior to the first extraction), use of various oral concoctions came some time after extraction. RC's came even earlier than the brewing by a couple of years as my first experiences were in Japan with behind-the-counter sort of not for human consumption "legal" psychoactives (after a stint with less savory over-the-counter sorts which I will not here deign to name). My first (truly) psychedelic experiences were with substances I can only guess to have been in the 2C family. Upon returning home from abroad, I began brewing San Pedro and Ayahuasca (of the MHRB/Rue variety) and had some rather fondly remembered experiences, particularly with the latter. It wasn't long though before I started full-fledged extraction, and lurking around here was a huge help in that regard.

I had a good run with mycology, as well, finally settling on a monotub variation after a good deal of trial and error with casing and janky terrarium-type set-ups. I stopped that practice some time under ten years back but would love to pick it up again on a smaller scale in the future. I've tried cultivating other psychoactives since then with less than stellar results but did find that I can manage succulents well enough, so these days I just grow San Pedro and Peruvian Torch.

The last several years before stopping extraction and the like practically altogether, I seemed to have trouble acquiring quality material and was getting rather sketchy results. I was consistently yielding goo, and any of the usual attempts at purification either cleaned nothing out of the yield, or separated it into some rather frightful substances. The unseparated goo itself was markedly less frightful and, after some tweaks to my vaporization techniques to better accommodate goo, actually proved quite a fruitful experience in itself, but, to be honest, I was a little overcome with nostalgia for my past experiences with DMT.

It was this nostalgia on top of the drying up of supply-streams, alongside various personal considerations, which ultimately instigated what would develop into my hiatus from hyperspace. Creative pursuits and appreciation as well as philosophical thought and discussion were always an integral part of my personal and shared experiences therein, and so I carry those experiences and that of their attainment forward, still, in my own creative pursuits, namely in writing and the production of music. That said, I'm not sure what brings me back here at this juncture, suffice to say that whatever I might have to offer, I owe greatly to the rich soil that is the Nexus.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jees
#2 Posted : 1/12/2020 8:57:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Azazel wrote:
... I owe greatly to the rich soil that is the Nexus.
Amen to that Smile

SynKyd
#3 Posted : 1/18/2020 10:05:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Azazel wrote:
I've extracted and smoked DMT and its cousins for over twelve years now (little to none in the last few, though) with yields of every sort from yellow powdery freeze precipitates to crystal shards, waxy shavings and chunks, and plenty of goos and resins. I've vaporized practically every which way at my disposal from the bulb (briefly, but ugh...) to nearly every (sensible) variation of "the machine" including the use of a bubbler for most of that time, gradually getting better, not only at protecting the product from flame, but also at delivering the dose in larger amounts and more quickly, both by way of technique and technical modification. I even casually dabbled in smoking changa off and on, sometimes too successfully, sometimes barely at all (only ever wanted it for ease of transport).

Brews came first, of course (about a year prior to the first extraction), use of various oral concoctions came some time after extraction. RC's came even earlier than the brewing by a couple of years as my first experiences were in Japan with behind-the-counter sort of not for human consumption "legal" psychoactives (after a stint with less savory over-the-counter sorts which I will not here deign to name). My first (truly) psychedelic experiences were with substances I can only guess to have been in the 2C family. Upon returning home from abroad, I began brewing San Pedro and Ayahuasca (of the MHRB/Rue variety) and had some rather fondly remembered experiences, particularly with the latter. It wasn't long though before I started full-fledged extraction, and lurking around here was a huge help in that regard.

I had a good run with mycology, as well, finally settling on a monotub variation after a good deal of trial and error with casing and janky terrarium-type set-ups. I stopped that practice some time under ten years back but would love to pick it up again on a smaller scale in the future. I've tried cultivating other psychoactives since then with less than stellar results but did find that I can manage succulents well enough, so these days I just grow San Pedro and Peruvian Torch.

The last several years before stopping extraction and the like practically altogether, I seemed to have trouble acquiring quality material and was getting rather sketchy results. I was consistently yielding goo, and any of the usual attempts at purification either cleaned nothing out of the yield, or separated it into some rather frightful substances. The unseparated goo itself was markedly less frightful and, after some tweaks to my vaporization techniques to better accommodate goo, actually proved quite a fruitful experience in itself, but, to be honest, I was a little overcome with nostalgia for my past experiences with DMT.

It was this nostalgia on top of the drying up of supply-streams, alongside various personal considerations, which ultimately instigated what would develop into my hiatus from hyperspace. Creative pursuits and appreciation as well as philosophical thought and discussion were always an integral part of my personal and shared experiences therein, and so I carry those experiences and that of their attainment forward, still, in my own creative pursuits, namely in writing and the production of music. That said, I'm not sure what brings me back here at this juncture, suffice to say that whatever I might have to offer, I owe greatly to the rich soil that is the Nexus.

Welcome back, sir!

After a similar hiatus I have found some interesting work in the administration methods, great research being done here in the e-cig and mesh vape landscape.

Safe travels! Love
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

Azazel
#4 Posted : 1/18/2020 10:18:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the warm welcome!

SinysterKyd wrote:

great research being done here in the e-cig and mesh vape landscape.

Agreed, it's partly that sort of innovation which brings me back (and often that particular area of innovation). I also have my own convection heating method that I had begun to develop toward the end of my travels and was hoping work on improving that design, despite the lack for opportunity to test it at the moment: a pretty simple design involving glass lab tubing and anodized aluminum tubing, though I have been giving some thought to incorporating refractory brick material.