We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First Extraction Cybs Hybrid ATP Salt Tek Options

Bundles12
#1 Posted : 1/12/2020 7:27:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone

I am currently ready to do my first extraction. I am using Acacia Confusa Root Bark and using Cybs Salt tek but I still have a couple of questions. I have been looking all over the nexus and other websites and i cant find a proper answer for these two questions.

In Cybs Salt Tek it states:

EDIT: New research by users indicate that Salt can be used (with good results) with Acacia Extractions especially A/B

(Just add salt at the Basification Stage)

Step 4 in the tek is the salting step and step 5 is the basifying step. Is this all there is to it? just following the tek exactly as it is written out or is there another step where you add more salt at the basifying step? sorry its probably an obvious answer.

And my second question, I am gathering my equipment currently and I am aware I should not be using any plastic only glass but I am having trouble finding a glass turkey baster or pipette where i am located. I have found a High temperature turkey baster but it is plastic. In Cybs salt tek it looks like the Turkey baster he is using is plastic, it may not be. My question is will a plastic turkey baster work fine for convenience of just going to the shop and buying it, or is it worth ordering one online?

Tips would also be great!

Thanks guys Thumbs up

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SynKyd
#2 Posted : 1/14/2020 3:06:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bundles12 wrote:
Hi everyone

I am currently ready to do my first extraction. I am using Acacia Confusa Root Bark and using Cybs Salt tek but I still have a couple of questions. I have been looking all over the nexus and other websites and i cant find a proper answer for these two questions.

In Cybs Salt Tek it states:

EDIT: New research by users indicate that Salt can be used (with good results) with Acacia Extractions especially A/B

(Just add salt at the Basification Stage)

Step 4 in the tek is the salting step and step 5 is the basifying step. Is this all there is to it? just following the tek exactly as it is written out or is there another step where you add more salt at the basifying step? sorry its probably an obvious answer.

And my second question, I am gathering my equipment currently and I am aware I should not be using any plastic only glass but I am having trouble finding a glass turkey baster or pipette where i am located. I have found a High temperature turkey baster but it is plastic. In Cybs salt tek it looks like the Turkey baster he is using is plastic, it may not be. My question is will a plastic turkey baster work fine for convenience of just going to the shop and buying it, or is it worth ordering one online?

Tips would also be great!

Thanks guys Thumbs up

The temperature isn’t the issue, it’s the reaction with other chemicals you’re using that could cause plastic in your final product that could cause you harm I think.

My first extraction was in a wide mouth half gallon mason jar and I used a stainless spoon bent 90 degrees as a surface ladle. Maybe not the easiest or most efficient but it did work.

Recent experiments with the KemFun tek found on reddit suggest the salting comment is accurate. But it’s not required. I recently reposted that tek in the nexus also, for opinions.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=92505

Safe travels! Love
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

Nibs
#3 Posted : 2/9/2020 7:25:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As Cyb said, salt can be added at any stage but you want to add about 60g per litre of LIQUID.

Glass basters are hard to find. I used a glass eye dropper on my first pull. It was very slow and tedious but it was easy to avoid sucking up any of the aqueous layer. Find a container tall and skinny like a glass milk jug, it will make seeing and pulling the NPS layer much easier.

Go on amazon and find yourself a glass pipette set, best investment you will make. A graduated cylinder is great too for separsating the last bit of NPS that's contaminated with the base solution.