We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tiny specs of powdered MHRB won't seperate from solvent layer Options

noosphere
#1 Posted : 1/16/2010 4:02:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I bought some MHRB from a different source than I usually get it and this source had it already powdered. The MHRB is so finely powdered though that the naphtha has sucked it up too. It forms 2 layers, there's no emulsion, but the top layer is filled with tiny, tiny specs of root bark along with the DMT making it brown instead of light yellow like normal.

I don't know what I should do. Should I pull it, let it dry, and then try to clean it up with acetone, or should I try to filter the naphtha as I'm pouring it onto the evaporation dish?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

q21q21
#2 Posted : 1/16/2010 4:34:42 AM

SWIM

SWIM has never had that issue, although specs that are floating would likely not be MHRB because SWIM has accidentally mistaken specs of MHRB for jungle spice when they settle directly in between the layers.

SWIM isn't sure what that might be. Check the naptha in the bottle??
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

noosphere
#3 Posted : 1/16/2010 5:03:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The naphtha is the same brand I always use.
Here's some more info: I started this project last night and when I was done mixing everything in the pot I let it sit in a sink full of really hot water. I looked at it this morning and the contents of the pot were too thick to stir so I added more water and let the pot sit in the sink of hot water again.
Could it be too much water, could I just add more lye? Could the hot water bath have made the naphtha less selective, causing it to suck the tiniest specs of powder into the solvent layer along with the DMT?
Right now I'm letting it sit in a cold bath to maybe get the naphtha to drop out the MHRB.

intechgration
#4 Posted : 1/16/2010 5:52:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Apparently with powdered MHRB, up to 2x usual amount of water for whole MHRB can be necessary. Try adding more water, inverting gently a few times and then letting it site for awhile. If that doesn't help, try adding more lye too.
intechgration is a fictitious persona. anything he says, writes, suggests, or does are simply the products of someone's imagination and have no place in reality.

L_Star
#5 Posted : 1/16/2010 9:33:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Filter it through a paper filter
Much respect to all from L_Star

Disclaimer: EVERYTHING posted by L_Star is said from the following persons: SWIM. All are hypothetical posts and are not endorsements of any activities, beliefs, and practices stated, that may be correlated with the person stated, or another person posting, or third party user, in anyway on dmt-nexus.com. All that is said is for educational purposes and as said is "hypothetical" and therefore cannot be taken for true accounts. SWIM and L_Star abide by the Law in all practices. SWIM would like reader to note that SWIM is blind, and L_Star is a typing assistant voluntering for SWIM. L_Star is bound by legal legislation for customer privacy by Data Protection Act, therefore SWIM will not be identified.

Regards L_Star

Indigo_Child
#6 Posted : 1/16/2010 9:44:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Is the naptha brown/orange? If that is the case did you use an STB?

It sounds similar to the brown naptha porblem I have been having. I actually just found out recently that I am not the only one who has had this problem so I am no expert. There is a post on this page entitled "Brown Naptha", look into it.

Note that although those more knowedgable people than myself are saying this only happens with STB extractions, I have had this happen with A/B as well.

noosphere
#7 Posted : 1/17/2010 12:47:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, STB. I checked that other post and saw your comments about acetone and so I bought some and the brown shit fell right to the bottom when I used it. In the future though I'm not buying powdered bark.