We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Filtering tool Options

pussypuff
#1 Posted : 1/5/2020 11:15:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,
just thought I will share this filtering tool I improvised during my very first and only Syrian rue extraction. The ones who have tried extraction know that filtering is the hard labor. So to ease the life we need some tools. There is an example of an improvised tool below.

So I took ketchup bottle and cut-off the bottom. Then used use 750ml glass jar lid where I cutout the hole so that I could screw the ketchup bottle on it. Then I glued the ketchup bottle to the jar lid using the silicon glue. I did the small hole in the jar lid for a straw which I use for sucking the air from the glass jar this way making a negative pressure to suck the liquid through the filter. I found this easier that positive pressure (pushing the liquid through the filter) as the filter did not clog that fast. I think its also safer as positive pressure can potentially rip the container and potentially cause more damage (stains etc).
The filtering happens in the ketchup bottle lid which also has a hole in it and thats where the filter is put. I used cutout pads from coffee paper filter which I had to enforce using the silk screen. The filters were clogging quickly therefore I later decided to use metal mesh which I bought on ebay. Metal mesh worked best for me.

Sorry for brief instructions - maybe ask questions so that I will clarify. See pictures attached. Thanks for looking at this, hope there will be any use for someone.

pussypuff attached the following image(s):
fi-1.JPG (228kb) downloaded 54 time(s).
fi-2.JPG (152kb) downloaded 52 time(s).
fi-3.JPG (206kb) downloaded 53 time(s).
To say nothing is the same as to say something smart but slightly better...

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jees
#2 Posted : 1/6/2020 4:21:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love tinkering and the people who tinker Love
You probably know but don't use it for non polar solvents (oil based).