We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
KemFun tek (from elsewhere, not my work) Options

SynKyd
#1 Posted : 12/22/2019 3:25:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

NOT MY TEK! But some interesting reading, thought I would share here for discussion purposes. Found on Reddit under the DMTguide sub, wondering if anyone has tried this?

4 hour ACRB Tek - white crystals quickly!

KemFun’s 4 hour ACRB Tek

A brief explanation and history behind this tek. Let me tell you right off the bat that this tek is NOT designed to get the maximum yield from your bark. It is optimized for a QUALITY product not QUANTITY in a relatively short amount of time. That being said, I routinely extract approximately 1.5g per 100g ACRB of very clean, white DMT crystals with zero discoloration, which is not bad in my opinion.

There are teks out there that produce more, if that’s your goal go do them. There are teks that do things a different way than I do…if you like them better do them instead. You may disagree with my method entirely – that’s ok… feel free to do your own method, I am not here to argue the merits of this extraction when I know it works. This is simply another road to get to the same lofty destination.

I have used predominantly the same extraction method for over 30 years.

I have extremely easy access to all the raw materials, my biggest issue is time. I simply don't have the TIME required to do these long drawn out extractions that I used to do. I started looking into my methodology to determine where I could trim some time, and I have now gotten this entire process to under 4 hours not counting the freeze precip with pretty decent results.

If you do a quick evap, you can go from bark to smoke ready product in under 5 hours.

This tek is performed at a constant temperature of 140f. To keep everything at this temp you will need either a crockpot or a Sous Vide immersion heater. I prefer the Sous Vide because its way easier to control the temperature. This chosen temperature comes through the trial and error of a few hundred extractions. If you think its too hot, then either don't do it or modify it to your heart's desire. YMMV.

The High heat pulls lots of fats and other plant alkaloids, which is why I include a defatting step.

I have not done this tek with MHRB in a very long time, but it should work just fine. If using MHRB, I would add an additional 2 -3 hours or so on the base soak time.

**Ok, here is what you will need for this extraction:**

· ½ Gallon Glass Jug with lid (amazon sells these)

· 2 x 1qt glass mason jars with lids

· Glass measuring beakers

· Glass or wood stir sticks (chopsticks are free and work great!)

· A glass pipette to syphon

· Glass precip dish with lid

· Crockpot or Sous Vide immersion heater

· A scale

· A funnel (glass or HDPE)

· Plastic wrap and a rubber band

· Protective gear (gloves, eye protection, mask)

· Optional: Separatory Funnel

· 100gr finely powdered ACRB

· 1 gallon of Distilled Water – NOT TAP WATER

· Naphtha

· Heptane (you can use naphtha if you cannot get heptane)

· Kosher Salt – NOT Iodized

· Sodium Hydroxide (Lye)

· White Vinegar

**PREPARATION**

· Put your precip dish in the freezer before you begin

· Get your water bath ready and holding at 140 degrees F. (60 C.) A sous Vide works best, but a crockpot will work.

**DIRECTIONS**

1. Add 100gr powdered ACRB to a ½ gallon glass jug. Make sure your ACRB is as fine as you can get it. I get mine pre-ground, so it saves a lot of time. I also sift it first to make sure I don’t have any errant larger particles present.
2. Add 500ml of hot distilled water. Do not use tap water – most tap water varies from semi-ok to fucking nasty depending on where you live. Measure the water in your beaker or mason jar and microwave it for 2 minutes to get it hot.
3. Add 100ml of white vinegar to the water and stir
4. Pour this mixture into the jug with your bark and swirl it around to mix.
5. Measure out 250ml of distilled water and heat it like before.
6. Add 80g of Kosher salt to the hot water and stir until dissolved. Do not use iodized salt – it will introduce iodine to your final product.
7. Add this saltwater to the jug and mix thoroughly.
8. Put some plastic wrap over the mouth of the jar and secure with a rubber band.
9. Place the jug in your hot water bath for 1 hour, mixing thoroughly every 10 minutes. A nice swirling will work just fine.
10. Remove the jug from the water bath and take off the plastic wrap.
11. In a glass beaker or your 1qt mason jar, measure out 500ml of distilled water. You MUST use heatproof glass for this part.
12. Put on your protective gear and have some vinegar handy just in case of a spill. Vinegar will neutralize the lye.
13. Measure out 100g of lye and slowly add to the water in the jar, stirring as you go until the lye is fully dissolved. The water will get very hot. Only use wood or glass to stir – no metal.
14. Add this lye water to the jug, put the plastic wrap back on, secure with rubber band and thoroughly mix by swirling.
15. Place the cap on the jug loosely and put back into the water bath for 2 hours, swirling good every 10 minutes just like before.
16. Measure out 300ml of Naphtha and place into your mason jar, secure the lid tightly.
17. When there's about 5 minutes left, place the mason jar of naphtha in your water bath with the jug to heat it.
18. Once the time has expired, remove the jug from the water bath and pour the warm naphtha into the jug.
19. Secure the cap of the jug tightly and shake vigorously for 1 minute. Unscrew the cap to release any pressure build up. I do not worry about an emulsion forming, the heat of the mix pretty much keeps this from being a problem. Any emulsion that forms will settle quickly.
20. Shake the jug vigorously for 2-3 minutes, relieving pressure every minute, then let the jug sit for 5 minutes to separate.
21. Repeat this process 5 times then let the jug rest for 10 minutes to fully separate.
22. Siphon off the naphtha layer with a pipette, place it into a clean mason jar or beaker. Be careful not to suck up the fat layer or the black soup. When the layer gets thin, you can add more hot water to the jug to bring the level up into the neck of the jug. This will make it easier to get the last of the naphtha.

\*If you sucked up any soup, let it settle to the bottom and siphon the good stuff off again. Its very important that you don't suck up the base with your solvent. Better to leave a little solvent behind than to have lye in your end product.

***If you don't want clean white crystals and prefer a higher yield of more yellowish product you can end here. Freeze precip this Naphtha for 24 - 48 hours. If you want pure white crystals then continue to the defatting stage***

**DEFATTING** (Mini a/b, backsalting, call it what you want)

23. In a separate mason jar, heat 400ml of distilled water like before and add 100ml of white vinegar. Pour in the naphtha you pulled from the soup, secure the lid tightly and shake vigorously for 15 – 20 minutes until the naphtha is no longer cloudy. It will be bright yellow, but clear. When in doubt, shake it longer. You will eventually get 3 layers here: clear yellow naphtha on top, a fat layer in the middle, and your acidic DMT water on the bottom.

24. Siphon off and discard the naphtha layer and the fat layer, keeping the DMT water in a 1qt glass mason jar. This is best done with a separatory funnel if you have one. If not, just do it carefully with a pipette.

25. In a clean glass beaker or mason jar, measure out 250ml of distilled water and slowly add 80gr of lye – stirring continuously until all dissolved.

26. Add the lye water to the acidic DMT water. You will immediately see the water get very cloudy. This is the DMT crashing out of the water.

27. Add 250ml of warm Heptane to the jar with the cloudy water, secure the lid and shake vigorously for 15-20 minutes just like before. You will notice over time that the water will become crystal clear again and there may be another small fat layer as well. Once the water is clear, the DMT is now all in your Heptane. If you don’t have heptane, you can use fresh warm naphtha for this step.

28. Siphon off the heptane, making sure you pull NO WATER. When the heptane layer gets thin, you can add hot water to the jar to raise the level into the neck making it easier to collect the remaining heptane. Place the heptane into your pre-frozen glass precip dish and put into the freezer for 24 hours.

29. After 24 hours, quickly siphon off the heptane. Allow the dish to dry completely with a small fan blowing indirectly near the dish to speed up the process.

Collect your newly formed white DMT crystals by scraping them off the dish with a razor blade.
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 12/22/2019 4:01:33 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

4 hours? Laughing
if speed is what one is after, sonication, LLE, rotary evaporation, and precipitation over dry ice cannot be beat. it could be done in an hour, tops.

to scale it up, a PC could be used istead of sonication, and the extraction could be completed in 2 hr.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

SynKyd
#3 Posted : 12/24/2019 3:53:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
4 hours? Laughing
if speed is what one is after, sonication, LLE, rotary evaporation, and precipitation over dry ice cannot be beat. it could be done in an hour, tops.

to scale it up, a PC could be used istead of sonication, and the extraction could be completed in 2 hr.

Seemingly valid points, for those with lab equipment-

Thumbs up
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

Hupecat
#4 Posted : 12/24/2019 3:48:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Swim has tried this out with MHRB instead of ACRB.
Works abolutely fine.. nice yield..
SWIM didn't watch the clock for making it in 4 hrs.. it took the time it needed..:-)

anyway, the only difference swim noticed is that the mini a/b in the end didnt gave him clean white chrystals..
he tried this 3 times and every time the endresult was quite yellow..
It was sharply defined clean chrystals, but pretty yellow.

As he wasnt able to check out with ACRB yet, he assumes that when doing the mini a/b with MHRB there are still some 'yellow-alkaloides' which come through..

has anyone here ever had a clear white chrystal after a mini a/b with MHRB??

SWIM looked everywhere, but all mini a/bs he found were referring to ACRB-Extractions.

He is actually trying a normal a/b with a mini a/b on the end to check if it really is the MHRB..

for SWIM the Tek works nice and flawless..

JCpenny420
#5 Posted : 12/24/2019 5:25:45 PM

Cats rule!

KemFun knows his shit, check him out on DMT reddit - he has some flawless posts
"Reality is only an illusion"

Tony6Strings
#6 Posted : 12/24/2019 5:49:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel like using 100 ml of solvent instead of 300 is more appropriate for extraction of 100 grams bark.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Hupecat
#7 Posted : 12/24/2019 6:56:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
I feel like using 100 ml of solvent instead of 300 is more appropriate for extraction of 100 grams bark.

Forgot the mention before..

Swim let the soaking time for the Base to about 4-5 hrs, as it needs a bit longer for MHRB to break up cell lysis as he has read somewhere..

also he didnt only make 1 Pull with 300ml, he made 3 x 75ml, and combined those. which worked great.
a 4th pull with 50ml was done, but was seperated from the other 3 and yielded nearly nothing. (just tiny amount of goo..). so not worth doing..

yield was about 1.3% yellow chrystal, which is fine, as the bark he used wasnt the best one either...
after re_x he ended up with 1.1% off-white product..

The only thing he still doesnt understand is why that mini a/b resulted in a yellow product..??

benzyme
#8 Posted : 12/25/2019 1:15:49 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Hupecat wrote:
resulted in a yellow product..??

I've explained it here, and in reddit, (hint: it has nothing to do with plant fats).
it's observed with most tryptamines, oxidation of pyrrole gives a yellow/reddish color.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck