We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?
Choice Votes Statistics
INTP 6 24 %
ENTP 1 4 %
INFP 7 28 %
ENFP 1 4 %
INTJ 1 4 %
ENTJ 2 8 %
INFJ 4 16 %
ENFJ 0 0 %
OTHER (please comment below) 3 12 %

12NEXT
Myers-Briggs Typology (MBTI) Poll Options

Jupitor
#1 Posted : 12/11/2019 5:19:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MBTI is, in my opinion, the most accurate and useful personality tool out there. Really delving into it has been fascinating.

In relation to psychedelics, I suspect that a great majority of us on this forum are iNutitives, meaning we have the "N" rather than an "S" in our type. I would be willing to bet that most of us are one of these 8-

INTP
ENTP
INFP
ENFP
INTJ
ENTJ
INFJ
ENFJ

I originally mistyped myself as INTP, but upon a lot more reading and self examination, my true type is actually ENTP-A. Anyone else care to chime in on their type?

Here are some useful links for those interested in participating-

MBTI test

Another one

More useful reading and tests

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 12/11/2019 6:36:53 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

INTP-A/T Logician

Scientist by birth.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 12/11/2019 6:49:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

INFP-T. Turbulent Mediator.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Exitwound
#4 Posted : 12/11/2019 7:05:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Campaigner
ENFP-T

Mindlusion
#5 Posted : 12/11/2019 7:24:26 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

INFJ-A Advocate

Wizard at heart Big grin
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Jagube
#6 Posted : 12/11/2019 10:34:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

INTJ-T Turbulent Architect

The most extreme in these 4 polarities is that I'm 93% introverted and 7% extraverted.

Loveall
#7 Posted : 12/11/2019 10:48:43 AM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Sunnyside
#8 Posted : 12/11/2019 12:28:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ISFP-A adventurer

What is this N chromosome that I lack...?
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

Tony6Strings
#9 Posted : 12/11/2019 1:28:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sunnyside you don't lack anything, you are perfect the way you are!! It stands for sensors or intuitives. Interesting reading I don't know how much I think it really applies.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Wolfnippletip
#10 Posted : 12/11/2019 1:36:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

INFP-T - Mediator, Turbulent like Tony6Strings.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

dreamer042
#11 Posted : 12/11/2019 1:45:26 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Just a clarification of what these mean:

Introversion or Extroversion
iNtuition or Sensing
Thinking or Feeling
Judgement or Perception

When I was first introduced to the test in introductory personality theory in college I would consistently score INFP, but over the years I've drifted a consistent INFJ. I guess I'm getting more assertive in my old age.

My scores on this round were:
INFJ-A - The Advocate
89% I
78% N
67% F
63% J
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Jagube
#12 Posted : 12/11/2019 1:45:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

16 personality types, like 16 genotypes of P. aquatica...

Sunnyside wrote:
ISFP-A adventurer

What is this N chromosome that I lack...?

N stands for iNtuitive, you are Sensing.

GoneWiththeWind
#13 Posted : 12/11/2019 2:52:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ENTJ- depending on the test I'm usually an ENTJ or INTJ. Part of the reason I do psychedelics is to stay dynamic and not "settle in" to a way of doing things, so I would have expected this to change more over time. I guess I'm just deluding myself Big grin

Propello
#14 Posted : 12/11/2019 3:19:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Campaigner Personality
ENFP-A / ENFP-T

Loverofallthings
#15 Posted : 12/11/2019 7:58:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone else ever consistently score right up the middle with tests like this?

I typically test in a MB test as INFJ. But I am always in the 50-60% with each category. Sometimes I test higher in the intuitive/observant category.

Jagube
#16 Posted : 12/11/2019 9:05:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loverofallthings wrote:
Does anyone else ever consistently score right up the middle with tests like this?

I did the test again and got:
Introverted โ€“ 90%, Intuitive โ€“ 84%, Thinking โ€“ 83%, Judging โ€“ 81%, Turbulent โ€“ 53%

So not particularly in the middle.

Metta-Morpheus
#17 Posted : 12/11/2019 9:14:25 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

INFP-A. Mediator

I took this a couple years ago for leadership training at work. I tested INTJ back then.

โ€œYou think thatโ€™s air youโ€™re breathing?โ€ -Morpheus
โ€œWhoa fellas, Iโ€™m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.โ€ -Leopold Butters Stoch
Itโ€™s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isnโ€™t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isnโ€™t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Jupitor
#18 Posted : 12/11/2019 10:19:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GoneWiththeWind wrote:
ENTJ- depending on the test I'm usually an ENTJ or INTJ. Part of the reason I do psychedelics is to stay dynamic and not "settle in" to a way of doing things, so I would have expected this to change more over time. I guess I'm just deluding myself Big grin

Well, the theory is that your true type doesn't change. Your function preferences do, however. For example, let's say you're an INTP. Your function stack in order of preference is Ti-Ne-Si-Fe. The first function in the stack is the most developed and the most used. But as an INTP grows and matures, he learns to use his other functions to support his Ti, which for him would first be his extraverted iNtuition, followed by his intraverted sensing, and lastly, his inferior extraverted feeling. This might look like a type change when in fact it is not.

Also, an unhealthy individual is often an individual who is relying on his undeveloped or shadow functions, which can lead to a mistype as well.

The best way to really tell is to think about how you were as a child, particularly when you're about 8 years old through puberty. Or think about how you were at your very best, when you felt the most alive and when you felt the healthiest. How did you interact with the world?

Loverofallthings wrote:

I typically test in a MB test as INFJ. But I am always in the 50-60% with each category. Sometimes I test higher in the intuitive/observant category.

Mistyping is common. I ride that 50/50 line pretty close on the E-I axis as well as the T-F axis. I have therefore mistyped myself as both an INTP, ENFP and even an INFP once; when in fact my true type is ENTP-A. Delving into the function stacks within each type can help give you some clarification.

The most common mistype is for people to think they are introverts because they enjoy their alone time, when in fact they are extraverts.

Again, MBTI really becomes useful when you get into the function stacks supporting each personality type.

Mindlusion
#19 Posted : 12/12/2019 1:18:43 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I tend to see it as a blending of different types, especially when some distributions are close to 50/50. Also it is best to take these kind of tests perhaps few times once or twice a year and find the general trends and average of the results. There are also tests (at least for the big 5) that are meant to be carried out by someone close to you who knows you well, to avoid interal biases.

For example the distribution I get for INFJ is
Individual traits: Introverted โ€“ 72%, Intuitive โ€“ 81%, Feeling โ€“ 68%, Judging โ€“ 58%, Assertive โ€“ 74%

So Judging/Prospecting is the closest to 50/50 on my result, so id lean more towards INFJ/INFP -A

I find it useful to also compare and contrast the MBTI results with the core pattern of the big 5 personality trait test as well. https://www.truity.com/

in the big 5, I get high in openness to experience 99%, agreeableness 77%, extraversion 60%, Conscientiousness 46%, and neuroticism 23%. neuroticism in the big 5 is essentially the same as assertiveness vs turbulence

It gives me the core patterns most heavily weighted to: Empathetic idealist (89) and Analytical thinker (61) which makes sense to me in terms of how I think, and also in terms of the INFJ and INFP personalities of the myers briggs.

Psychedelic use has found to result in statistically significant permanent changes in the Openness personality trait, which is pretty fascinating.
https://www.livescience....-change-personality.html

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30816797
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

downwardsfromzero
#20 Posted : 12/14/2019 1:11:26 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I came up as INFP-T/mediator although several of the questions would depend on my mood and some are barely relevant to my life and thus hard to answer. Another test came up with INFP healer/architect, but again questions like "I like to work in a (quiet/bustling) office" are nonsense to me. What if I want to work outside, or in a practical workshop making stuff?

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
โ€• Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

12NEXT