We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Nepal Chitwan cubensis temperature? Options

Yugambeh
#1 Posted : 12/6/2019 1:04:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

My friend got an early Christmas present today, spore prints from Nepal Chitwan psilocybe cubensis.
He has never grown any mushrooms before, but has done a lot of research.

He is concerned the the temperature in his house is too low, it’s between 71,6- 73,4 degrees Fahrenheit, is it too low
temperature?

Thanks

/Y
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ratatoskr
#2 Posted : 12/6/2019 1:35:51 PM

plenipotentiary

those temps will be fine for germination, grains, fruiting.

I would try getting them warming when doing grain work after agar work, up to maybe 80f.
all is one, one is all, everything is.

Yugambeh
#3 Posted : 12/6/2019 1:44:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ratatoskr wrote:
those temps will be fine for germination, grains, fruiting.

I would try getting them warming when doing grain work after agar work, up to maybe 80f.

He’s going to do a Pf Tek and just inject spores in the substrate after sterilisation.

/Y
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.

Ratatoskr
#4 Posted : 12/6/2019 1:54:22 PM

plenipotentiary

those temps will still be fine.
all is one, one is all, everything is.

Yugambeh
#5 Posted : 12/6/2019 2:05:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ratatoskr wrote:
those temps will still be fine.

Cheers!

/Y

DeDao
#6 Posted : 12/8/2019 2:41:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mine are @ same temp basically. Although I let the room at least get a bit colder in the evening. Stamets says they like that. Also - an incubator speeds up colonization quite a bit, ime.

Enjoy!!! It's such a fun journey to see them grow and then to eat your own!

I'd love to see a few pictures of the final fruits! Chitwan aye? I think I've seen that one Cool
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Yugambeh
#7 Posted : 12/8/2019 4:36:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeDao wrote:
Mine are @ same temp basically. Although I let the room at least get a bit colder in the evening. Stamets says they like that. Also - an incubator speeds up colonization quite a bit, ime.

I'd love to see a few pictures of the final fruits! Chitwan aye? I think I've seen that one Cool

As it's getting colder outside, the temp inside is going up, between 77-82 now.

/Y

DeDao
#8 Posted : 12/8/2019 8:57:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yugambeh wrote:
DeDao wrote:

As it's getting colder outside, the temp inside is going up, between 77-82 now.

/Y

Sounds good. Just make sure it drops a bit for fruitin'

I'm excited to hear more!
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."