We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT extraction after insecticide usage Options

Rhiozan
#1 Posted : 12/4/2019 4:31:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have been growing few acacia trees indoor for years now.

At some point I had to battle the different infestations: the spider mites (nasty little things!) and then, after having left the trees on the outside during hot summer, the trees contracted armored scale insects. I totally failed to notice them in time (I'm not an experienced grower).

In both cases Actellic (pirimiphos-methyl or PM) had been used . Quite a bit of it.

I was reading some info about the pirimiphos-methyl on pubchem and some other sources, while it's not terribly toxic, I would still not want it to end up in the final product.

So far the info that I could find:
- PM wears off slowly and can stay in the ground for a while (especially in pots).
- It is a polar substance, so it will likely be pulled into the polar solvent during A/B extraction along with the goodies.

My question to those who have practical knowledge of PM: will gently washing my raw material with soapy water help to remove the PM out?

Thank you!
Repeating ever softly verses of alchemic truth, all transfigured into eons.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.