We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Power resin / drytekking resin Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 1/15/2010 12:03:30 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Cactus resin dilsolved in hcl water, filtered then evapped resulted in superior resin, washing that with acetone resulted in even better resin - drytekking that resulted in the most beautifull mesc hcl iv seen in a while.

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 1/15/2010 12:13:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wow nice! wonder if that can work with some foodsafe acid

Dorge
#3 Posted : 1/15/2010 2:29:23 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

That is just gorgeous!
you mind going over whole process with us?
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

narmz
#4 Posted : 1/15/2010 4:03:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

interested in what the drytekking portion entails! Excitement!
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

psilyguy
#5 Posted : 1/15/2010 4:23:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's beautiful Phlux!

kjb1891
#6 Posted : 1/15/2010 3:34:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That is beautiful Plux! I'm not familiar with the term drytekking though.

ambi-lysergance
#7 Posted : 1/15/2010 3:46:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gorgeous!
ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

fractal rider
#8 Posted : 1/15/2010 4:11:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thats some awesome crystals phlux did you tried them??? and other question how whas the ?yield ??
om namah shivaya

Phlux-
#9 Posted : 1/15/2010 5:40:37 PM

The Root

tried em - was awesome - yeild was good - but i never weighed my starting amount so idk on %
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

antichode
#10 Posted : 1/15/2010 8:59:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM was just about to post in the mescaline heat thread about how hard the resin is to extract pure alks from. It seemed impenetrable by almost everything but hcl, but then SWIM had difficulty filtering the converted resin, now brown water.

What did you recrystallize with Phlux?

Crystalito
#11 Posted : 1/16/2010 1:29:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ah Phlux , Amazing work!!!! Bravo on the effort and above all for the experimentation!

Thats...crystals i see in the solvent,needlelike!

Hmmm...where to start i have many questions for the procedures so i will fire them away.I wonder if you consider a full tek guide for it ,given of course the presumption that you find the above method worthwhile to pursue.The yield question i had more or less is answered , but others remain :

1)Upon dissolving in HCl solution and filtering ,what was left in the filter and what was the difference in resin (compared to normal resin) when the HCl fraction was evaporated?
2)Same as 1 but with the acetone step instead of HCl solution : i wonder what consistency was what stayed at the filter and also what was the liquid like. Do we have any weights before/after the acetone step?
3)If you can tell a bit about the drytek.
4)Judging from what you have seen, is the "after acetone precipitate" good "as is"? Could even this solitary step be an improvement to the resin tek?

It seems indeed that turning the salts to HCl form is an important step and also of course using anhydrous acetone. In a thread over at Thenook called "Instant Achuma" (very interesting thread by the way), acetone wash of "straight resin" did not seem to precipitate alkaloids but mostly "gunk of some sort" and/or proteins.The major differences though was water in acetone and having the resin in "native" state.

On the "workability" of resin on solvents : I saw both in the "Instant Achuma" thread and in another thread in here (reffering to Dorge's post ) that people have difficulty dissolving the resin to other things than water. Well...i dont know how you "work it" people: The "I tried dissolving the resin to X solvent" may range from dropping the resin in the solvent and expecting it to dissolve to...sonicating it while hot! Personally on my projects i tend to be really stubborn and meticulous.My approach towards dissolving resin to acetone would be as following:

Use a waterbath to bring acetone to boil (heh, use basic solubility rules). Add the resin in a pestle and mortar and start adding the pipping hot acetone in small volumes while working it with the pestle,grinding it in and mixing it, adding a bit more acetone if needed. Here , i mean REALLY work it, work it as if its Jenna Jameson or something Laughing ! I have noticed from other experiments that even in hot solvents some resings (and i have tried a variety of plants, from aromatic to medicinals) will...just sit there slightly colorizing the solution and even heavy shaking will not make them go in solution. So , while trying to figure what was happening i tried rubbing it between my fingers in the solution, trying first of all to see if it went "hard" ,"rubbery" or whatever in there. While doing so, they started dissolving, Presto! So i "formalized" it a bit more using pestles and mortars for even better workability and less contact with fingers/skin/gloves/whatever.

Once more, beautiful work Phlux! I think this thread is worth attention!

Dorge
#12 Posted : 1/16/2010 7:54:40 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

Crystalito wrote:

On the "workability" of resin on solvents : I saw both in the "Instant Achuma" thread and in another thread in here (reffering to Dorge's post ) that people have difficulty dissolving the resin to other things than water. Well...i dont know how you "work it" people: The "I tried dissolving the resin to X solvent" may range from dropping the resin in the solvent and expecting it to dissolve to...sonicating it while hot!

Swim has had no issues dissolving it in Pure Ethanol by the way.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

Crystalito
#13 Posted : 1/16/2010 4:19:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ah! Most interesting Dorge! So do you think the same can be done with IPA 99%? Do you get my drift ? Wink

IPA 99% is used in washing Mescaline HCl since from what i see around it is insoluble to it. So some ideas would be dissolving the HCl resin in small amount of IPA 99% before adding a biggish quantity of the ketone (Acetone, MEK).

Another idea would be to wash the resin with IPA 99% and Acetone in succession to clean it better. Some things might dissolve better in IPA 99% than acetone and the opposite of course. If this works nicely then we might even get very powerful resins (powders actually) with no use of Non Polar solvents or NaOH (caustic chemicals).

Finally one could experiment with different mixtures (different rations) of IPA 99%/ Acetone mixture to see if both steps (and even better) can be done in one wash.

Where Acetone, substitute with your favorite Ketone.

Phlux-
#14 Posted : 1/22/2010 12:30:08 AM

The Root

ooops - forgot to add these photos

antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jorkest
#15 Posted : 1/22/2010 4:47:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

ok so HOW did you get those crystals again??
it's a sound

Bancopuma
#16 Posted : 1/22/2010 10:22:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AMAZING work Phlux!! Wow. But would there be any chance on expanding on your methods a bit? I'm not the most experienced guy when it comes to extractions... Wink

Phlux-
#17 Posted : 1/22/2010 10:24:22 AM

The Root

mek re-x
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bancopuma
#18 Posted : 1/22/2010 10:31:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm that should probably mean more to me than it does. Sounds like a greeting in an alien language or something, but I'm not sure thats what not your driving at. I wasn't aware you used MEK, if you did, thought this was an 'au natural' tek (I'm counting hcl as 'natural', being a component of stomach acid...MEK definitely not though).

Phlux-
#19 Posted : 1/22/2010 10:43:42 AM

The Root

mek is in ur digestion same as acetone i think.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bancopuma
#20 Posted : 1/22/2010 11:22:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ahh ok, knew that acetone is a natural component of out metabolism in small amounts, didn't know that about MEK though...will look into it.

12NEXT