We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT Powder Yellow? Options

faoble
#1 Posted : 11/30/2019 2:22:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I evaporated the remaining naptha overnight (there is no nasty smell now). But the naptha is yellow so I guess this is why the DMT is yellow too? howcome they say in the guide it is supposed to be white?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 11/30/2019 4:59:08 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

If the naphtha is already yellow you should never have used it for an extraction.

Due to contaminants unknown this batch you have now is not usable anymore and needs to be discarded.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 11/30/2019 5:22:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Trav... But... After pulling on STB with naphtha it often turns yellow. This is normal. I've reused such, and other than turning spice yellow that would otherwise be white (if pulling a STB the spice is most likely going to be a shade of yellow anyway, this is what colors the solvent) everything is good. Perhaps his naphtha was yeller because he was reusing it from a previous extraction? Although I hate to be the one to disagree with the chief. New from the can your solvent should not be yellow, no.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

faoble
#4 Posted : 11/30/2019 6:16:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sorry for the confusion - I meant to say the naptha was yellow after I added it to the bark, not from the can.

I tried freezing once, then I got some bark in the container, so I waited for the dmt to re-bind with the naptha, then I used a coffee filter to pour into another container, which was again placed in the freezer; and now, after evaporation I got this.

bismillah
#5 Posted : 11/30/2019 6:35:36 PM

My Personalized Tag

Deep yellow colour means your naphtha pulled some oils and other gunk from the wood. I get this result with AtB extractions as well. I find it's usually indicative of a good yield, but I'm sure there are other factors at play.

I wouldn't be worried about it.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

faoble
#6 Posted : 11/30/2019 7:08:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, after scraping, the powder is white on the inside where it meets to container, the external part is more yellow.

What is the best scraper to use for this? I am not getting it all out with a metal knife.

Can I pour the second round of naptha (with dmt) into the container for freezing or do I have to do the washing soda on it first?

Loverofallthings
#7 Posted : 12/1/2019 11:29:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
What is the best scraper to use for this?

Redissolve your yield in a minimal amount of warm naphtha, carefully pour the warm naphtha into a Pyrex pie pan or casserole dish. Evap or freeze precipitate and recover solvent. Use a straight razor to scrape up yield once dry.

Tony6Strings
#8 Posted : 12/1/2019 1:14:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

+1 Loverofallthings. OP, Next time, pull straight into a casserole dish and freeze precipitate.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

faoble
#9 Posted : 12/2/2019 11:28:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Got the pyrex pan. But the cover doesn't fully seal it. What do you do?

Loverofallthings
#10 Posted : 12/4/2019 12:25:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For freeze precip? Plastic wrap.