We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dissapointed with myself...but its ok! Options

ham.i.am
#1 Posted : 1/14/2010 11:40:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM measured out .070g from 100g of MHRB using Volvin's tek. He knows why he lost some spice,...

He stuck his jar with naptha containing the spice in the freezer. He stupidly decides to take it out, does a soda wash, and clean it out, while there were lots of crystals present and still solid. After discarding the Sodium Carbonate solution layer, He was wondering why there wasn't any left in there?....Hmmm.

So, he proved himself to be stupid. And he feels like crap because he was soooo carefull during the whole process, but lesson learned. It's his first extraction ever, and anyways, it came out to be the cleanest, whites crystals right now.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 1/14/2010 11:55:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

never throw anything away!! that should be the lesson

your crystals didnt disappear into thin air, they could have been recovered!

oh well, better luck next time

did you already make all the pulls? with how much naphtha? did you put them together for the freezer?

ham.i.am
#3 Posted : 1/15/2010 12:29:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM did three warm naptha pulls, each was 25ml of light warm naptha. He put all the solution to evaporate for 2 and a half weeks, it turned slightly cloudy, and it was reduced to 50ml. He froze it, and then washed it after lol. But its ok.

SWIM hasn't thrown anything away,

Better luck next time, SWIM has 200g of MHRB left, so its all good. Just disappointed with money though.

I love you.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 1/15/2010 12:35:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

3x25ml pulls per 100g bark? thats too little.. with this amount, better do 6 pulls or something.

How comes it took 2 and a half weeks to evap 25 ml, what kind of container was it in? in a wide container with mild heat and/or air circulation it should evap more than this in the same day!

so you didnt throw the sodium carbonate solution away? what about the naphtha from the freezer, maybe evap it all down see if there is anything inside

also are you sure the bark is good?

ham.i.am
#5 Posted : 1/15/2010 8:34:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, the container was a small pyrex dish, diameter of 6". The enviroment was really cold because its freakin' cold in Michigan. (The container was placed in the garage when it was evaporating, it was covered with a pantyhose and was in the garage.) The sodium carbonate solution was throwned away....Sad but its alright.

Just a lesson learned, don't rush things here. My bad.

He will do more pulls with a little more than 25ml then. Maybe thats why, who knows...

Thank you endlessness, :-)