CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Anyone here like stargazing & astronomy - maybe with binoculars or telescopes? Options

Sunnyside
#21 Posted : 12/22/2020 1:43:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As you say, both planets in the frame is a delight.

With our optics, 3 and 4 moons of Jupiter are clearly spotted.

And the "flattened" look of Saturn, I wish our optics would show the rings better, but it still is a thrill.

The show is not over yet, at least tonight and maybe more they'll still be close, so maybe your clouds will clear.

With last night's moon so big, I put the camera on it, this photo is almost interesting, for having done it myself...
Sunnyside attached the following image(s):
DSCN3794.jpg (58kb) downloaded 35 time(s).
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
Still searching for that elusive 'N' Chromosome.
"No, they never did turn me into a toad."

Psychedelic news, articles, interviews and art from the DMT-Nexus and other sources.

Loveall
#22 Posted : 12/22/2020 5:39:25 PM

πŸ’–

Chemical expertSenior Member

Thanks guys, I did not see the moons on my phone picture originally.

When looking through the telescope directly the ring of saturn and moons are clearly visible. I need to get the proper telescope camera installed.
β€œ... (a) psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it.”
Excerpt from a McKenna talk transcript / audio.

downwardsfromzero
#23 Posted : 12/23/2020 8:56:22 PM

Peeing into the abyss

Chemical expertSenior Member

Loveall wrote:
Yeah, I watched it on my telescope with the kids. It was pretty cool, never seen two planets in the field of view together, sounds like it won't happen again for several lifetimes.

Managed to get an out of focus picture of on my phone, sorry for the poor quality πŸ™ƒ

I would have loved to have seen this. Somewhat frustratingly, the weather turned atrocious just in time to spoil my view of the superconjunction. Thankfully a Nexian comrade has come up with the astronomical goods! That's a pretty good effort you made there.
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV12