We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV3456NEXT
Direct e-mesh method howto step by step with images and video Options

Toshido
#81 Posted : 1/7/2023 11:43:23 PM

Research & Development

I have the following...

Body: Geek Vape S100 Aegis Solo 2 Box Mod

Battery: Hohm Tech LIFE 4 18650 3015mAh 22.1A Battery

Mesh: 0.9ohm 150mesh SS316L

I really wanted the Vandy Vape Mesh V2 RDA but no luck on searches, seems to be out of stock everywhere. I'm in the USA and the one that I managed to find wouldn't ship here.

Am I out of luck? After acquiring the RDA all I need is a long 510 drip tip and I'm good to go.

Awesome thread by the way.

🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ZiPhi
#82 Posted : 1/8/2023 2:02:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

widderic wrote:
I have the following...

Body: Geek Vape S100 Aegis Solo 2 Box Mod

Battery: Hohm Tech LIFE 4 18650 3015mAh 22.1A Battery

Mesh: 0.9ohm 150mesh SS316L

I really wanted the Vandy Vape Mesh V2 RDA but no luck on searches, seems to be out of stock everywhere. I'm in the USA and the one that I managed to find wouldn't ship here.

Am I out of luck? After acquiring the RDA all I need is a long 510 drip tip and I'm good to go.

Awesome thread by the way.

Those are two great mods that will do just about anything you need to for our intentions once you get a deck that you like.

Just throwing this out there, I recently went around and talked w several vape store owners and managers asking about mesh-style RDAs. You tend to get the same response, "Eh, they were all the rage but now no one wants to build decks and it's all about pre-builts [points over to wide selection of pre-builts]". Pressing though, I've found two that have said they have boxes of old stuff laying around. One gathered up a bunch of stuff from the back of his store and had it ready for me on my next visit. I went through it and, while most of it was coil - based RDAs, there were a couple meshes, which I eagerly snatched up for dirt cheap. The other is putting stuff together and going to his other store to gather some goodies up for me and I need to go see him again.

As it turns out, the vape industry is an extremely fickle one with fads that come and go very abruptly sometimes leaving store owners with piles of backstock they can't move. It may be worth befriending some local vape store clerks and seeing if they have anything laying around you can rummage through.

The Vandy V2 can still be found if you're willing to ship from China. I've been about 80-90% successful in dealing w CH-based retailers, ymmv ofc. If you can't find a Vandy, the Wotofo Profile PS can still be found in the US. I found one that had a US warehouse.

ZiPhi
#83 Posted : 1/8/2023 2:46:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One other one you might look into is the 'GEEK VAPE ZEUS X MESH RTA (ZX II RTA)'. Readily available at the big online retailers.

To recap and for visual comparison, here are the mesh tanks we've covered so far in this thread:
ZiPhi attached the following image(s):
RDAsForThread.jpg (39kb) downloaded 386 time(s).

artificer
#84 Posted : 1/8/2023 3:25:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Careful - RTA = Rebuildable Tank Atomizer, designed with tank to fill up with fluid.. maybe you could get it to work, but tried and true is the RDA Rebuildable Drip Atomizer, with no tank. RTAs are def easier to source.
An affinity to entheogens that bring me to full submission,
A thriving esoteric greenhouse, I do envision

ZiPhi
#85 Posted : 1/8/2023 3:40:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wondered what the difference would be in a side by side between the Vandy and something like the Zeus. The decks are so similar in design and, since you wouldn't be filling the Zeus as would be for normal vaping, I would think it would be the same so long as there are no other significant structural differences between the deck and the base contact.

Would be interested to hear from someone that has tried an RTA.

artificer
#86 Posted : 1/8/2023 3:55:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Careful - RTA = Rebuildable Tank Atomizer, designed with tank to fill up with fluid.. maybe you could get it to work, but tried and true is the RDA Rebuildable Drip Atomizer, with no tank. RTAs are def easier to source.

Toshido
#87 Posted : 1/8/2023 6:29:15 PM

Research & Development

ZiPhi wrote:

As it turns out, the vape industry is an extremely fickle one with fads that come and go very abruptly sometimes leaving store owners with piles of backstock they can't move. It may be worth befriending some local vape store clerks and seeing if they have anything laying around you can rummage through.

The Vandy V2 can still be found if you're willing to ship from China. I've been about 80-90% successful in dealing w CH-based retailers, ymmv ofc. If you can't find a Vandy, the Wotofo Profile PS can still be found in the US. I found one that had a US warehouse.

As it so happens I have recently befriended some vape store owners. I'll have the chance to stop by their store on Tuesday and will ask them what they know. Thanks for the helpful information. I probably should have put my hands on an RDA before purchasing everything else. But... where there's a will, there's a way. I shall find me one of these! Thank you ZiPhi.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

artificer
#88 Posted : 1/8/2023 8:10:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
As it so happens I have recently befriended some vape store owners. I'll have the chance to stop by their store on Tuesday and will ask them what they know.

I'm not sure what you intend to be asking, but BE CAUTIOUS, have a plan for the conversation at the store! Buying RDA is one thing, but there are several scenarios that come to my mind that you want to avoid, i.e. asking if a certain model dual mesh RDA can be ran as a single unit, and then they ask "why would you want to do that?". RDAs are designed and sold to have a spring loaded piece of cotton under each piece of mesh, and what we're doing is skipping the cotton all together and only using mesh, it's kind of hard to have a conversation about that outside of Nexus.

The conversation could quickly get you cornered into looking suspicious, if not downright transparent what you're doing (maybe not DMT specifically, but whatever illegal drug they imagine). There's plenty of scenarios that you aren't looking suspicious either, but I felt compelled to throw caution flag out there just in case. Hope you find everything for a good setup!

Toshido
#89 Posted : 1/9/2023 12:34:23 AM

Research & Development

artificer wrote:
Quote:
As it so happens I have recently befriended some vape store owners. I'll have the chance to stop by their store on Tuesday and will ask them what they know.

I'm not sure what you intend to be asking, but BE CAUTIOUS, have a plan for the conversation at the store! Buying RDA is one thing, but there are several scenarios that come to my mind that you want to avoid, i.e. asking if a certain model dual mesh RDA can be ran as a single unit, and then they ask "why would you want to do that?". RDAs are designed and sold to have a spring loaded piece of cotton under each piece of mesh, and what we're doing is skipping the cotton all together and only using mesh, it's kind of hard to have a conversation about that outside of Nexus.

The conversation could quickly get you cornered into looking suspicious, if not downright transparent what you're doing (maybe not DMT specifically, but whatever illegal drug they imagine). There's plenty of scenarios that you aren't looking suspicious either, but I felt compelled to throw caution flag out there just in case. Hope you find everything for a good setup!

I appreciate you looking out! I certainly wouldn't give away "need to know basis" information unless I felt like I had a rapport with them. If I were ever to feel cornered my go to is usually "I know no idea it's for a buddy". But I'm careful enough to never have to resort to that kind of stuff. Still, I appreciate the thought and ALWAYS welcome the news of caution, as we all should for one another.

ZiPhi
#90 Posted : 1/11/2023 3:44:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

widderic wrote:
... Thank you ZiPhi.

You're welcome, btw! Big grin

I just wanted to pass on that the Wotofo Profile PS I ordered last week did come in so that one US warehouse I found is legit. There may be more than just the one but I was only able to locate that single one. Anyway, I know you were set on the Vandy but I just wanted to pass on that I think the Profile is going to work out very well and seems very similar so it could be a suitable alternative if you end up not finding a Vandy somewhere.

Earlier, I built a couple screens, playing w different shapes and heights until I made one I liked. I ended up with a mile of mesh (huge sheet of 200, I think[?]) so I had plenty to spare.

Toshido
#91 Posted : 1/11/2023 5:05:58 AM

Research & Development

ZiPhi wrote:
widderic wrote:
... Thank you ZiPhi.

You're welcome, btw! Big grin

I just wanted to pass on that the Wotofo Profile PS I ordered last week did come in so that one US warehouse I found is legit. There may be more than just the one but I was only able to locate that single one. Anyway, I know you were set on the Vandy but I just wanted to pass on that I think the Profile is going to work out very well and seems very similar so it could be a suitable alternative if you end up not finding a Vandy somewhere.

Earlier, I built a couple screens, playing w different shapes and heights until I made one I liked. I ended up with a mile of mesh (huge sheet of 200, I think[?]) so I had plenty to spare.

Would love to see pictures of your mesh creations! And I will consider the Profile if I can't find the Vandy. Thanks again!

EDIT: I have the Wotofo Profile 1.5 now, but am worried about splash back and or burning my mouth as the drip tip isn't long at all. Will take a month or two to have a longer 810 style drip tip sent out to me. Am testing tomorrow night and will post pictures.

some one
#92 Posted : 2/22/2023 12:42:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The original brands such as VandyVape and Wotofo seemed to have stopped producing their mesh products. I guess that mesh vaping was a temporary hype in the nicotine vape scene which passed away? No worries though, there are plenty of VandyVape and Wotofo knock-offs available in China. Simply search for 'Mesh RDA' on aliexpress and you will find plenty of products.
some = one | here = some | there = one

meino
#93 Posted : 4/25/2023 3:21:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Guys did I obtain the wrong fake RDA ? There is a gap between the metal plates, the screws are fully screwed in. Look at the last picture. Will it work?

meino attached the following image(s):
uno.jpg (3,585kb) downloaded 238 time(s).
duo.jpg (3,655kb) downloaded 236 time(s).
uno2.jpg (3,037kb) downloaded 233 time(s).

fractals4life
#94 Posted : 4/25/2023 3:31:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Depends on the thickness of your mesh TBH. If worried about the gap, try folding your mesh back on itself a little where you put it in the terminals to give more grip.

I've seen advice to file down the corners of the plates a little too, so they fit in the terminals better where the currently straight plate corners are hitting the rounded terminal corners.

Good contact is essential to get Temperature Control working properly. I believe current wisdom is that TC mode is too fickle unless you are very careful about maintaining good contact (TC is measuring resistance changes in the mesh as it heats up, these changes are so small that they can get dwarfed by any contact variations in either the mesh clamp or the main RDA contact ) and that a better way is to stick with wattage mode and dial in the right wattage (which is heating the mesh) vs breath rate (which is cooling the mesh) by experiment and things are a lot more consistent thereafter.

meino
#95 Posted : 4/25/2023 3:36:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Could I just take a metal file and file the edges to make it flat? or will that cause problems?
I spent 10€ on it would you write off the money and buy an original for 20€? I did not even look for it because it is supposedly not available, but in Europe no problem at all to get.

fractals4life
#96 Posted : 4/25/2023 3:39:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

See my edits above, but yeah, just a little bevel filing on the sharp corners of those plates should improve fit a lot by the look of it.

fractals4life
#97 Posted : 4/25/2023 3:41:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

as long as that gap is narrower than your mesh thickness you're fine Smile

meino
#98 Posted : 4/25/2023 3:51:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok, thanks I think I will still get the original while it is still available.
How can I distinguish version 1 from (the worse?) version two?

Can I post this website here? :
https://sites.google.com...ommended-rdas-list?pli=1

It says quality of fakes got worse. And also Vandy Vape RDA original is best but I dont know which model it is.

meino
#99 Posted : 4/25/2023 6:33:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is this the old good Version???
meino attached the following image(s):
this2.png (50kb) downloaded 201 time(s).

Th3_tRuTh
#100 Posted : 6/7/2023 7:05:40 PM

Yūgen "a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe ... and the sad beauty of human suffering"

Namaskaram and good afternoon!

I need some help. I cannot for the life of me get this dang mod to vape consistently. It’s mind boggling and incredibly frustrating. I’m using the original Profile RDA with 304 stainless fitted mesh. The mod is a MonoSQ DNA 100c and the profile I’m using was downloaded from the escribe database for 304ss. .1ohm coil, 60w, and I’ve got it up to 410 degrees F and I still can’t get a decent hit off this thing. Been doing 10mg small doses for testing. I’m not spending a penny more on this damn thing so I need to figure this out. Please help. Anyone out there using a DNA 100c with consistent results?

EDIT: I swapped back to my Vandy #200 mesh, put it in power only, 17, steady toke, worked like a charm. I’m just using power mode for now and will experiment with the TC whenever I have the time to spare.

«PREV3456NEXT