We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Yocan Evolve XL Options

Tony6Strings
#1 Posted : 11/27/2019 4:23:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you are looking for a wax pen for smoking cannabis oil, I wholeheartedly recommend the Yocan Evolve (and Plus, and Plus XL, these are the three I have used). If you are looking for a tool for vaping dmt, look elsewhere. Tried 45 mg in my Evolve Plus XL tonight. No coil cap, air flow vent full open. Cleared what I loaded in one hit, nasty burned spice taste, sub breakthrough effects. 45 in my GVG or Healthstone spoon with torch lighter is breakthrough territory for me. If you're considering a Yocan for spice maybe think about one of these instead.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 11/27/2019 3:30:27 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

haven't tried breaking through, but the EZ Sai with triple Ti/quartz coil seems like it would be up for the task.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 11/27/2019 7:27:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
haven't tried breaking through, but the EZ Sai with triple Ti/quartz coil seems like it would be up for the task.

It looks like a great wax pen benzyme. If I decide at some point to use cannabis products again in my life, I may pick one up.

For dmt I personally love my pipes with torch lighter, every time I smoalk I am more and more pleased with the gear I am using. The glass vapor genie with healthstone in bowl is king of all spice pipes imho. The healthstone spoon is nearly as good, I can still easily clear 45 in one toke, it is just maybe a little less smooth.

All that said, if I did ever decide to try another electronic vaping device for administration of dmt, I would check out the e-mesh method currently being discussed in propellos thread. I've heard nothing but good things.

I imagine I will stick with my pipes. Am very fond of them, they impress me on a daily basis. My Yocans were purchased for cannabis oil, however I've recently quit. So I thought I would try one out with dmt so they could still be useful. I'm sure there are people who have made it work. Guess it's just not the method for me.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Propello
#4 Posted : 11/27/2019 8:19:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The yocan is a step down if you already have the gvg for vaping spice in my opinion. The gvg is one of the best tools I have tried so far.

Rock.0
#5 Posted : 10/13/2021 7:38:07 AM

"Psilocybin makes nicer people

I bought a Yocan Evolve XL and did actually have success with breakthroughs with the Quad Coil, and even better results with the ceramic donut, albeit extremely fiddly and difficult to get right, with plenty of burnt/harsh spice and a very sore throat. So it is a viable tool, however, when I eventually got my hands on a GVG, it is absolutely next level. 35mg is good breakthrough territory for me.

Dirty T
#6 Posted : 10/13/2021 7:55:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I gave up on the direct E mesh unicorn RDA and found my Cerebus so I have some Vaporesso GT CCell coils ordered. I will probably go 1 to 1 with CBC to help the flow as 3 DMT to 1 CBC actually "solidifies" in the carts over time (pre-heating will return it to a homogeneous liquid mixture) and at 30w I doubt I need a mixture that is 75% DMT. Should be single hit breakthroughs once my coils come in.