We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Finally...crystals! Options

Nydex
#1 Posted : 11/26/2019 10:22:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So that's officially my third attempt at extracting spice. The first one was done using MHRB and cyb's hybrid salt tek, where I achieved fantastic results, but then messed up the entire thing during the acetone wash step...

My second attempt was with ACRB using Max Ion, and the result wasn't very satisfying, but I made it into changa, about which I've already made a post. Unfortunately, I found out changa really doesn't make me feel good at all. I've shared that same changa with 6 different people, and all 6 had an amazing experience with it and came back looking for more. I, however, struggled immensely with it, as I've talked about in several threads already. So I decided to have one last go at extracting before I take off to the jungles in just over two weeks. This time the result was more satisfying.

75 grams of the same ACRB as my previous attempt was used, again following Max Ion tek. Lab quality Petroleum Ether was used as NPS. The resulting yield was just 0.6%, but this time I didn't do anything wrong, and I'm happy with that number, to be honest! Very happy 75g of bark yielded 449mg of crystals and thick yellow goo. Attaching some pics (the cellophane piece weighed 372mg).

Extracting has been a very rewarding and interesting process, and even though I won't be able to enjoy much of that spice, I will share it with others and expand their lives. Once again - a million thanks to all the know-how guys that wrote and organized the teks so well. You guys are the real MVPs here!

Cheers! Love
Nydex attached the following image(s):
IMG_20191126_233156_6.jpg (7,331kb) downloaded 172 time(s).
IMG_20191126_233255_3.jpg (4,603kb) downloaded 174 time(s).
IMG_20191126_233313_3.jpg (3,709kb) downloaded 171 time(s).
IMG_20191126_233516_4.jpg (3,346kb) downloaded 172 time(s).
IMG_20191126_234549_6.jpg (4,648kb) downloaded 171 time(s).
IMG_20191126_234647_4.jpg (4,362kb) downloaded 170 time(s).
IMG_20191126_235608_8.jpg (4,724kb) downloaded 173 time(s).
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

coAsTal
#2 Posted : 11/26/2019 11:35:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Those are beautiful white crystals brother-- I bet you can get plenty more out of that bark if you heat it a little and do some more pulls-- if you're traveling for awhile just let some solvent sit with the bark in the jar while you're gone. Ive left some MHRB that way for a couple years, heated it up to about 45C, rolled/agitated it around well, and got a surprising two pulls out!

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 11/26/2019 11:51:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Congratulations on your spice. I've got that same scale, I like it. If you hit the tare button after you place the cellophane on the scale, it will go back to zero and you can take a more accurate measurement. I use a piece of parchment paper (the kind they use for packaging bho) for weighing my spice, it is easy to fold and transfer the spice into your container of choice.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Nydex
#4 Posted : 11/27/2019 12:56:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

coAsTal wrote:
Those are beautiful white crystals brother-- I bet you can get plenty more out of that bark if you heat it a little and do some more pulls-- if you're traveling for awhile just let some solvent sit with the bark in the jar while you're gone. Ive left some MHRB that way for a couple years, heated it up to about 45C, rolled/agitated it around well, and got a surprising two pulls out!

Yeah I probably could get more out of it, but I threw it away already. Plus it might just have that much in there, if growing conditions weren't right or because of something else. Not all bark is the same, as you know. Smile
Tony6Strings wrote:
Congratulations on your spice. I've got that same scale, I like it. If you hit the tare button after you place the cellophane on the scale, it will go back to zero and you can take a more accurate measurement. I use a piece of parchment paper (the kind they use for packaging bho) for weighing my spice, it is easy to fold and transfer the spice into your container of choice.

Yeah I know I can zero the scale with anything on it, but it was far easier for me to weigh the cellophane first, then transfer the spice carefully on it, and then weigh it again. It's a simple subtraction Very happy

Thank you for your kind words. I've yet to discover the magic of hyperspace truly...
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Jagube
#5 Posted : 11/27/2019 1:51:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nydex wrote:
Yeah I know I can zero the scale with anything on it, but it was far easier for me to weigh the cellophane first, then transfer the spice carefully on it, and then weigh it again. It's a simple subtraction Very happy

I prefer to do that too, because those digital scales switch themselves off after a while, and once it's off, if you switch it back on you won't be able to tare it again without getting the product off the cellophane, so it's better to weigh the cellophane first.

Nydex
#6 Posted : 11/27/2019 2:06:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jagube wrote:
Nydex wrote:

I prefer to do that too, because those digital scales switch themselves off after a while, and once it's off, if you switch it back on you won't be able to tare it again without getting the product off the cellophane, so it's better to weigh the cellophane first.

Exactly. I don't want to rush transferring the spice from the evap dish to the cellophane before the scale turns off. Smile
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Tony6Strings
#7 Posted : 11/27/2019 6:48:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You guys are totally right about that, it's my one bitch about this scale. That, and when I try to calibrate with the 10 gram weights included in the setup, it always reads over by ten to twenty mg. Anyhow for this reason previously discussed I know that the piece of parchment paper I keep in my kit weighs 425 mg. I feel like the scale ought to stay on for as long as I want. More than once I've become frustrated when it turned of in the middle of weighing a yield.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Nydex
#8 Posted : 11/27/2019 10:22:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
You guys are totally right about that, it's my one bitch about this scale. That, and when I try to calibrate with the 10 gram weights included in the setup, it always reads over by ten to twenty mg. Anyhow for this reason previously discussed I know that the piece of parchment paper I keep in my kit weighs 425 mg. I feel like the scale ought to stay on for as long as I want. More than once I've become frustrated when it turned of in the middle of weighing a yield.

Yeah it can be annoying. However, the story of how I obtained this scale is so funny that it made it worth it... Basically when I ordered it I thought it was an AWS scale, because that's how it was marketed from this particular Amazon vendor. Then I saw that on the website of AWS this scale has the company initials printed on the lid, and the one I ordered didn't have them. So I sent a message to the seller and asked them if the scale they are selling is indeed a real AWS or a fake one. They replied it was not real, so I threatened them with notifying AWS that they were selling a fake product that was marketed using their brand, which could potentially lead to an international lawsuit of copyright infringement and false advertising for monetary gains, which could cost this Amazon vendor a giant sum of money. They backed up and agreed to lower the price by 20%, but I insisted that they lower it by 75% or I would send an email to AWS, so they panicked and agreed. In the end, I got this scale for just over US$10. Now that's a bargain if you ask me. I should've still notified AWS about this, but I didn't because I promised those guys I wouldn't if they reduce the price by 75%. Not sure if that's the "right" thing to do, but I did it anyways. Smile
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 11/27/2019 10:30:58 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Nydex wrote:
Jagube wrote:
Nydex wrote:

Exactly. I don't want to rush transferring the spice from the evap dish to the cellophane before the scale turns off. Smile

You can get them to stay on if you keep poking them so they think they're busy, but that's a bit of a pain. Fiddling with the electronics a bit would be a sensible option for the initiated. Perhaps the manufacturer would be able to supply technical details to this end?

You're right, simple arithmetic is the easier way. Laughing

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli