We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
ADDING fats to FB DMT Options

quantimoto
#1 Posted : 11/24/2019 3:05:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I know most aim for the opposite, but I'm looking to increase the vaporization temp of the FB, any clean/easy ways to do this?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 11/24/2019 4:19:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why would you want to increase vap temp of the fb?

Firedragoon
#3 Posted : 11/24/2019 9:43:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How are you intending to consume this?

You could do the same thing by mixing it with some PG (like the vape pens do), no?

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 11/24/2019 10:13:03 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Fats heated above their smoke point start to emit acrolein (propenal). It's a bad idea to inhale too much of that.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

quantimoto
#5 Posted : 11/27/2019 10:58:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

I have a crazy theory that I'm testing. The idea is that the fat may have protected the spice a bit from a high temp ceramic heating element I used on a titanium nail water bong. I was dosing ~ 200 mg in retrospect back then (didn't know anything about anything), probably zapping most of the spice with the method above (unless leidenfrost effect applies here?), and yet getting some over 10-20 inhalations over 20-40 seconds which allowed a much less black-out like experience, but still going very far down the rabbit hole to complete ego death and tons of CEVs.

Even if this theory is bunk, I am trying to recreate as many of the conditions as possible to those experiences to see if it is replicatable.

quantimoto
#6 Posted : 11/27/2019 11:00:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Fats heated above their smoke point start to emit acrolein (propenal). It's a bad idea to inhale too much of that.

good heads up, probably not enough to stop a test or two, but will def keep in mind for longer term.

quantimoto
#7 Posted : 11/27/2019 11:00:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Firedragoon wrote:
How are you intending to consume this?

You could do the same thing by mixing it with some PG (like the vape pens do), no?

titanium nail + ceramic heater + water bong.

was thinking VG maybe (along your line of thinking).

endlessness
#8 Posted : 11/27/2019 11:42:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

quantimoto wrote:
endlessness wrote:

I have a crazy theory that I'm testing. The idea is that the fat may have protected the spice a bit from a high temp ceramic heating element I used on a titanium nail water bong. I was dosing ~ 200 mg in retrospect back then (didn't know anything about anything), probably zapping most of the spice with the method above (unless leidenfrost effect applies here?), and yet getting some over 10-20 inhalations over 20-40 seconds which allowed a much less black-out like experience, but still going very far down the rabbit hole to complete ego death and tons of CEVs.

Even if this theory is bunk, I am trying to recreate as many of the conditions as possible to those experiences to see if it is replicatable.

Why not reduce the temperature of your vap method instead?

Also, as you seem to be aware but 200mg is waaaay too much, way more than necessary, very wasteful amounts. If you dont want to black out, just smoke less. If you go the other end of the spectrum and just have a weak experience, then after some seconds when you feel you aren't getting where you want to, take another hit.

quantimoto
#9 Posted : 11/27/2019 6:58:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
quantimoto wrote:
endlessness wrote:

Why not reduce the temperature of your vap method instead?

Also, as you seem to be aware but 200mg is waaaay too much, way more than necessary, very wasteful amounts. If you dont want to black out, just smoke less. If you go the other end of the spectrum and just have a weak experience, then after some seconds when you feel you aren't getting where you want to, take another hit.

Oh, I totally get that now lol, but back then I was just loading the nail to capacity. And as I speculate, probably wasting a ton using such high heat (though, again I wonder what role leidenfrost effect plays).

I also would keep going until I could not hold the pipe, but there was always some left as liquid in the nail. Taking it this far with this method never blacked me out, and I'm trying to figure out why.

Was it the ramp, enabled by both wastefulness in the heating element and protection from the fats (happy medium of some sort)? Some sort of misunderstood reaction using that heat level and fats (unlikey to me), or just that it was an acacia base, the heat was killing most of the spice, but the NMT plus other high temp alks were taking over from there?

I am truly speculating, but it was so distinct an effect, and repeated for a couple of years on the same batch to similar results every time, that I want to keep searching.

My current thinking is that it was an acacia and that the DMT/NMT ratio, other alks, and the heat inefficiency (further affecting the ratio), led to the results I experienced. This means I also am guessing as nen and others have said on here that NMT and other alks in acacia (ACRB) are much more interesting than is widely appreciated.