We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Really TRIPPING on cannabis (not a normal high) Options

ZomakMk7
#1 Posted : 11/20/2019 1:37:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you ever TRIPPED on cannabis?

So I usually smoke once or twice a month because marihuana Is super psychedelic for me and I like to keep my tolerance low so I get really good highs.
So last week I was with my cousins who are heavy smokers, they smoke every day.

The day they got home they made a gravity bong.

Note: I never even hit a normal bong

Night 1: I got two normal hits and was 8/10 high

Morning 1: they got one hit each so I said f' it and hit it to, 4/10 high

Afternoon 1: we rolled a joint when we were coming down, 5/10

Night 2: they started hitting the GB again, I wasn't gonna smoke until I saw a super dense hit with yellowish smoke, they told me to hit it and that I would have an insane high and that they would take care of me, (I was still 5/10 from the joint) I agreed and hit it, i instantly went from a solid 5/10 to an 11/10, I was on the edge of a 5-meo-dmt trip, I started freaking out because my body started vibrating and my heart was pounding like jumanji drums, when i started to calm down I started seen rainbow circuits over everything.
My body was slowly losing function so I asked them to take me to my bed, while I was walking one of them was whispering "This is your reality" to my ear and told me to try to get something out of the experience.
I lied down and lost control of my whole body, it was moving and seeing on its own I wasn't scared because I surrendered, my arms, head and eyes were going side to side while I was talking with "my inner self?"

I remember asking questions about life and getting responses instantly and slot of other important stuff.
But as soon as I woke up out of nowhere the next day I forgot everything except the question "what is my life" but I COULD ALSO REMEMBER GETTING AN ANSWER

The next to days my senses, ability to concentrate and memory was pretty fucked up.

Has anyone ever had something really intense happen?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 11/20/2019 11:19:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, i've had pretty intense cannabis experiences. I think it is pretty common even. I personally treat cannabis as a powerfull psychedelic, instead of a habitual drug.

For me, it never got as intense as DMT though.

Metta-Morpheus
#3 Posted : 11/21/2019 12:44:54 AM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I like that take dragon. I have been a daily burner for the last 17 years or so, and I faintly remember a time when I could have classified weed as a psychedelic. Now it’s a habit. Something to ease the edge of things. And far from psychedelic for me. Except for the first time I tried dabs a few years ago. That had the rainbow effect as mentioned. Still as dragon said, light years from the intensity of dmt. Maybe I can find it in me some day to ease back on the usage to gain those benefits again. But probably not today! (As I hit my bong whilst browsing the nexus)
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

ZomakMk7
#4 Posted : 11/21/2019 12:45:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Indeed, cannabis has always been pretty psychedelic for me, mostly after I get like a solid 6/10 high.

It only got close to dmt physically, the body high, visuals we not even close (except for one time https://www.dmt-nexus.me...amp;m=974561#post974561 )

Lampeyelittle
#5 Posted : 11/21/2019 1:34:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Before I became a habitual smoker (those damn dab cartridges are too convenient!), weed was always very psychedelic to me.

My first time smoking weed I literally blacked out, and when I came to I didn't know where I was or how long I had been there. It was hard for me to chill out back then so I just laid on a couch giggling to the TV for three hours.

When I got to college I bought a bong and really became a psychonaut. I'd push higher and higher doses, though only once a week to maintain a low tolerance. I had many, many hallucinations and CEVs that I can honestly say were close in intensity to DMT.

One such vision showed me the true nature of the concept of infinity/eternity, which freaked me out and kinda still does, though after returning to the theme in a DMT trip years later I've grown a bit more to handle the concept.

On a particular Friday evening after a long week of classes, I hit a massive 1g bowl of some surprisingly potent cannabis. Everything became very "dream-like" with softened visuals, and I knew I went off the deep end with this one.

When I returned to my dorm room, I sat on my futon and meditated to try to chill out. I was playing around with a little piece of a restaurant straw wrapper in my hand, just fidgeting, when I swear by all that I hold sacred I "broke though."

I was in a large house, maybe a living room/study, with a lot of wood paneling and flooring. Beautiful place, really. I looked down at my hand and the piece of paper I was playing with had turned into a little paper beetle! I couldn't believe it, I had created life in the palm of my hand! I 100% truly thought I was God in that moment. I tried to use this power more, and tried to turn the beetle into a little elephant but it didn't quite turn out as beautiful as the beetle.

As soon as the vision came, I puked onto my dorm room floor and I was back to reality. I cleaned up and laid down to watch some Bob Ross, but I was very negative and pessimistic, like I was totally drained of mental and spiritual energy. It's very, very unlike me, even on my lowest days. I thought Bob Ross was a fraud, for god's sake!

Still one of my strangest experiences on any psychedelic ever, DMT included. DMT at least has lessons in the broader context of my life, but this experience was a total curve ball, and from cannabis nonetheless. Never underestimate the power of that plant!
"And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

FranLover
#6 Posted : 11/21/2019 3:12:28 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Lampeyelittle wrote:
I thought Bob Ross was a fraud

Omg I'm triggered.

But for real thats an amazing report Lampeyelittle.

I'm a habitual smoker but after my psychedelic experiences weed is always psychedelic to me. If I stay awake I get in the hyperspace mindframe and images pop up like just an hour ago I saw a 4 headed golden krishna statue and it stared at me with that characteristic dmt weirdness. But these are not concrete images, rather they are intense involuntary imaginings. Its amazing but its so common that I can be thinking about what to eat and in my mind's eye I will be seeing the weirdest stuff. Cosmic interference or leakage? Perhaps. Its always good and expands the mind, which in turn makes one more commited to purifying oneself and escaping samsara.

However if I smoke weed and focus on my third eye till I fall asleep then I will trip in the hypnagogic state and see fractals, triangles, etc, plus time stops existing; pure awareness.

And this happened once: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1009180#post1009180
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

FranLover
#7 Posted : 11/21/2019 12:45:03 PM

Last night at work I had approx. 300mg of cannabis edibles and saw things so beautiful that I was baffled. At the end I saw this gorgeous purple alien which moved in such an uncanny way...its so amazing whatever the soul is. As far as psychedelics go, it doesnt get better than this. It might as well be dmt. I used Lions Mane, fish oil, B12 and vitamin C before dosing, as well as a little bit of some cough syrup (DXM) as I have a cough and cold.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Lampeyelittle
#8 Posted : 11/22/2019 12:31:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FranLover wrote:
Omg I'm triggered.

I was too! It was almost stranger than the experience itself!

I'm still very new to edibles, most I've had is maybe 100mg, but it is a surprisingly different kind of high. Much more "trippy" than its smoked or vaporized counterpart. Now that I know what I can handle I can't wait to start exploring some higher doses Big grin
"And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

Jupitor
#9 Posted : 11/22/2019 4:09:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cannabis taken in a ceremonial setting at high doses elicits a very Ayahuasca-like experience for me.

Eaglepath
#10 Posted : 11/23/2019 9:36:47 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

Metta-Morpheus wrote:
I like that take dragon. I have been a daily burner for the last 17 years or so, and I faintly remember a time when I could have classified weed as a psychedelic. Now it’s a habit. Something to ease the edge of things. And far from psychedelic for me. Except for the first time I tried dabs a few years ago. That had the rainbow effect as mentioned. Still as dragon said, light years from the intensity of dmt. Maybe I can find it in me some day to ease back on the usage to gain those benefits again. But probably not today! (As I hit my bong whilst browsing the nexus)

If you have the self discipline of taking it down to say between 0,2-0,3 (one joint) in the evening around 10-11 or whenever before bedtime. In a dark room meditating with closed eyes with or without music. After a week you will see that the power is coming back.
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

Icyseeker
#11 Posted : 12/28/2019 1:10:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Possible for me since I smoke very infrequently but usually a bowl will do the trick. However for me the tripping is almost always preceded by very strong anxiety. I've done it enough times that I can handle the anxiety and once it subsides the the visuals are beautiful. Also I'm not sure if it's just the music I'm listening to or what but I swear it sounds different when im high.Twisted Evil
May wisdom permeate through your life.

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

"The only past which endures lies wordlessly within you." God Emperor Leto ii

ShamensStamen
#12 Posted : 12/28/2019 2:03:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Jupitor wrote:
Cannabis taken in a ceremonial setting at high doses elicits a very Ayahuasca-like experience for me.

Same here, except i don't really use Cannabis ceremonially, i just use it and sometimes it's very Ayahuasca-like.

Spiralout
#13 Posted : 12/28/2019 6:02:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's very psychedelic for me too. If I get in the habit of using it at moderate doses on a regular basis that effect diminishes pretty substantially; I haven't used it that often in a while.

xss27
#14 Posted : 12/28/2019 10:30:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hadn't smoked any for 1-2 years. Got some from a professional horticulturalist, grown using aeroponics. Worthy of an Amsterdam Cup award. Huge nuggets, solid, pungent, bathed in crystals.

Nice summers day, rolled a huge cone and poured a little whiskey too. I think I got about half way through the joint before I felt my blood pressure drop slightly and my face draining of blood, and then that moment of internal panic dialogue saying, "idiot. go get horizontal..".

I felt like an old man when I climbed up the stairs twenty seconds later. My stomach muscles were so feeble they spasmed under the strain as I laid down on the bed. The instant I was horizontal my eyelids gave up and shut, the next I was fully immersed in DMT CEVs. I don't think I was conscious for more than 30 seconds in that state before I blacked out completely. When I came round it was dark outside and my whiskey glass had a fly in it.

Jees
#15 Posted : 12/28/2019 11:22:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It has led me to deep stuff worthy calling it a heavy trip, but for sure it is a rare occasion, these things are like 1 out of 50 to 100 roughly estimated. Often I just want it to happen so not smoking for a period, it helps but finally for deep trip it's more a miss than a hit. Imho it's a lousy agent for deeper stuff, a bit of a lottery. A lot of times I end up passing out only to wake up later, mission not accomplished.
Perhaps rate of success is dependant on the materials used.

Even when it happens, it's nothing to compare with aya or deems at all and I'm not referring to the depth now but about the signature, is nothing alike it. I'm surprised if people feel associations between them.

Upon success there was that occasion (twice actually) where I saw everything in a 2 dimensional plane, the 3rd was gone somehow Big grin

Loverofallthings
#16 Posted : 12/28/2019 4:07:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As a former very heavy smoker and a current abstaining stoner I can whole heartedly agree with the psychedelic nature of cannabis. The last time I smoked in earnest was a few years ago: I had zero tolerance and barely got through the tiny joint. I came inside and settled into some cloning i was doing and was hoping to do for the next several hours. The high came on so strongly and otherworldly that it was concerning. I couldn’t do my work in the still, quiet, humming glow of the lights. I had to get out and move or I was certain I would succumb to some sort of existential crisis. I defaulted to physical exertion, weed whacking and mowing the lawn for the next few hours until the primary experience wore off. I spent the evening eating pizza delivery and watching some sort of nonsense of the teevee.

I like to say “no thanks to weed, nothing stronger than LSD for me, please.”

FranLover
#17 Posted : 12/28/2019 9:30:37 PM

It depends what you do with it ! I've been a daily smoker for the longest time and there is not one time where I'll smoke, lay down and close my eyes, and not trip into hyperspace like arenas of the mind.

Its not expressley the psychedelic, aya or cannabis, that causes this, rather its the mind itself. The mind is a labyrinth ! It is the unmanifest and manifest connected at the source. This means infinite capacity, infinite knowledge, infinite bliss, infinite DEPTH.

If you want to remain in normal states of consciousness after smoking ganja just keep on thinking and doing activities, but if you want to enter cosmic consciousness then lay down motionless and die for a little while and the mind will do what it naturally does; gravitate towards higher levels of satisfaction. In deep silence the mind will settle quietly in bliss, for this is the nature of the mind: eternal BLISS. Absolute abstraction in the realm of the unmanifest. Total knowledge of the unmanifest.

Strigiform
#18 Posted : 1/25/2020 2:51:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I find that smoking can hit me incredibly hard. I suspect that carbon monoxide (especially with bongs) deprives you of oxygen and combined with a quick come-up, helps push that along. I'm not too fond of the shivers, the coughing, the overall wastefulness.

Wine and cannabis have been somewhat visual for me, eyes open or closed. Textures look like they've been through Google DeepDream. It doesn't take that much to tease it out. I don't sleep well, however, so I don't like to do this very often. I really don't like how alcohol makes me feel poisoned, dumb, and overconfident all at once.

I prefer a blend of THC and CBD to be the most potent. For some reason mixing in now-legal hemp(!) has a way of strongly intensifying my cannabis experiences such that I sort of worry I might have bought a bunk RC and added it to perfectly fine cannabis. But I have also noticed the effect with strains such as The Wife.

Also, as FranLover said, it depends on what you do. Cannabis is so flexible that if you work on homework, you get some gifts to help with that. If you do exercise, it is enhanced, you may be more focused (and on a low dose, your heart won't be racing) on your body and form. And if you stop and look real deep, you can have a very substantial true-blue psychedelic experience. With LSD I find if I stop and don't move, don't get involved, and more unfolds before me. The same is true of cannabis, and even with meditation, or falling asleep.

Let go, and it will show you something. But unlike LSD, you can get up and do laundry, or go play with the dog without it being overshadowed by an unfolding experience.

Egzoset
#19 Posted : 1/26/2020 1:36:01 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations Strigiform,

Strigiform wrote:
I'm not too fond of the shivers, the coughing, the overall wastefulness.

To me this has become synonymous of self-vilification and i found the need to "T-Break" could serve as a confirmation. Lucky me there was a fix for such tolerance barrier.

Good day, have fun!! Cool

Sadalsuud
#20 Posted : 1/26/2020 3:59:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive smoked since i was 11, and since my experience with salvia, weed is VERY uncomfortable. I tried to smoke like i used to, and felt what i can only describe as borderline schizophrenic. The anxiety, intensely judgemental self-awareness, alienation from myself simultaneously... just not good.

As far as visuals, as said above, if you quiet and still yourself, that plant will show you things. Things that no other psychoactive can. It is grossly underestimated due to most people having a large tolerance and habitually smoking it with no focus on the innerscapes of what it can do. Sasha Shulgin reportedly made edibles one time and thought he legitimately broke time, and as a result considered it a thing more powerful in potential than even DMT. He apparently didn't dabble with it much after that haha.

But I digress; to each their own. I know many who function perfectly fine with weed, even after heavy highs. Me personally, I have no tolerance now, and will occasionally take the tiniest hit and be absolutely stoned, but it is short-lived enough that I can delve into the looseness it offers and thoroughly enjoy myself on it. So a gram will last me weeks haha, it works out in the end. Respect that plant, it is in its own right a very psychedelic thing, and must be used right. But again, everyone's different Smile

12NEXT