We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT, Mushrooms, Gender identity Options

Anonymous2
#1 Posted : 11/16/2019 5:18:33 PM
The more you know

--- removed by the user ---

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

PsyDuckmonkey
#2 Posted : 11/16/2019 7:33:57 PM

witch

"You have been warned," indeed we have, multiple times, and we're busy laughing our asses off. At least NGC_2264's warning was actually scary to read.

Please don't blame the drugs for showing you something you apparently didn't want to see, and please do not deflect responsibility for yourself to outside forces. The choice is still yours.

It's like a lot of people live their whole lives as corporate slaves, and then take drugs, and suddenly feel like they just can't anymore, and then blame the drugs for ruining their lives. Well, what happened is that they saw something about their lives up to that point that they were lying about to themselves, and then lacked the mental structures to keep their lives together or build a new structure to use this realization in a positive way (like starting a business, or finding a profession more aligned with their inner values, etc.)

You saw something you were hiding from yourself, I believe due to societal pressures and gender conditioning from early childhood. Well, now it's your turn to figure out what to do with that knowledge. There are multiple ways to handle such realizations. I'm saying this as a person who explored gender identities quite a bit, considered transitioning multiple times in my life, decided against it each time - in a way, mysticism and gender fluidity go hand in hand since ancient cultures -, and took enough psychedelics in my life to turn the pope pagan.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

burnt
#3 Posted : 11/16/2019 7:38:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Psychedelics can lower boundries within the mind and bring up subjects you normally wouldn't want to think about or come face to face with.

What I'm a bit more concerned about is this:

Quote:
Due to my esoteric beliefs, I try to talk only about the things I want to happen. I avoid even joking about things I’d prefer not to happen. I would never make a joke about my gender identity, not even on an anonym internet forum, regardless of how fresh my registration is.

Some people can become obsessed about their sexuality or gender identify and constantly question it to the point where its more a form of mental illness and has nothing really to do with gender identity of sexuality. Maybe psychedelics precipitated this sort of state with you? Do you have any history of anxiety disorders either yourself or in your family?

RhythmSpring
#4 Posted : 11/16/2019 7:42:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I didn't get any "blame" from the tone of her post. What I got from her post was more thankfulness, gratefulness, directed at the plant molecule for helping her see things she wasn't quite paying attention to.

Congratulations, Anonymous2. So does this mean you're seriously considering operations for a sex change?
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

PsyDuckmonkey
#5 Posted : 11/16/2019 7:44:51 PM

witch

RhythmSpring wrote:
I didn't get any "blame" from the tone of her post. What I got from her post was more thankfulness, gratefulness, directed at the plant molecule for helping her see things she wasn't quite paying attention to.

All the "you have been warned" stuff, and the tone of absolute passivity, written in a way that describes all of this as an "accident" happening to them, instead of an important realization they had and a decision they have made is what kinda puts me off.

RhythmSpring
#6 Posted : 11/16/2019 7:45:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
Psychedelics can lower boundries within the mind and bring up subjects you normally wouldn't want to think about or come face to face with.

What I'm a bit more concerned about is this:

Quote:
Due to my esoteric beliefs, I try to talk only about the things I want to happen. I avoid even joking about things I’d prefer not to happen. I would never make a joke about my gender identity, not even on an anonym internet forum, regardless of how fresh my registration is.

Some people can become obsessed about their sexuality or gender identify and constantly question it to the point where its more a form of mental illness and has nothing really to do with gender identity of sexuality. Maybe psychedelics precipitated this sort of state with you? Do you have any history of anxiety disorders either yourself or in your family?

What? How did you get mental illness from that? I'm also someone who doesn't like to joke about bad things happening. It's called being impeccable with your word.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

RhythmSpring
#7 Posted : 11/16/2019 7:49:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PsyDuckmonkey wrote:
RhythmSpring wrote:

All the "you have been warned" stuff, and the tone of absolute passivity, written in a way that describes all of this as an "accident" happening to them, instead of an important realization they had and a decision they have made is what kinda puts me off.

You can warn people about an experience you wouldn't trade for the world.

Absolute passivity? A decision they have made? A decision to have gender dysphoria? Would you mind unpacking what you are saying? Because I'm sensing a little homo/transphobia.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

PsyDuckmonkey
#8 Posted : 11/16/2019 7:56:49 PM

witch

RhythmSpring wrote:
What? How did you get mental illness from that? I'm also someone who doesn't like to joke about bad things happening. It's called being impeccable with your word.

Sorry RhythmSpring, I get it that you're trying to be welcoming and positive, and you may feel like we're being mean to Anonymous2, but here you are apparently missing key tonal details, and what you're doing with these nitpicky arguments is little more than shallow trolling.

Not joking about bad things happening is not the focus here. It's this sentence: "I would never make a joke about my gender identity, not even on an anonym internet forum, regardless of how fresh my registration is." Why not? I mean, is gender identity a bad thing? Or being a woman a bad thing? Or realizing that you may have been lying to yourself about your gender a bad thing?

It hints at a large amount of negative emotions and judgements around the topic of gender identity. Like how a lot of homophobes actually hate homosexuals because they are deathly afraid of being one themselves - I mean, would being homosexual be bad? I don't think so, but people who have been conditioned since childhood to equate homosexuality with weakness, cowardice, inadequacy and depravity would sure be very afraid of being weak, cowardly, inadequate and depraved.

The same about gender identity. Is being the opposite gender something you need to actively fear? Do you sometimes think "thank you God that I'm not the other gender"? Because that's the mindset that this sentence suggests, and that's what @burnt was highlighting in my reading.

RhythmSpring wrote:
Because I'm sensing a little homo/transphobia.

Thank you for short-circuiting this discussion. Please turn off the lights when you leave.

RhythmSpring
#9 Posted : 11/16/2019 8:06:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

All I'm saying is that I'm not reading all the negative tones / problems that you are.

Maybe we should let her speak for herself at this point.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

dragonrider
#10 Posted : 11/16/2019 9:48:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, i think these aren't nessecarily negative comments.

I mean, if someone after taking psychedelics, suddenly decides to do something very drastic and irreversable, regardless of what it is, that is bound to raise questions about the persons mental health.

I think that is completely legitimate in such cases, and probably done out of concern for the persons wellbeing.

And changing your sex is about as drastic as it get's. I can hardly think of anything more drastic, to be frank, except maybe suicide or murder.

And taboo's can become an obsession for some people. Wasn't there an experiment where people where being taught not to think about polar bears or something, and it turned out all they could think about since, was polar bears?

I hope vyllie, that you are not being put off by these responses. I sure don't mean to be hostile towards you. You are definately welcome here, and i can only say that i hope things will sort themselves out for you. I'm pretty sure that is also what most other people want for for you.

Jega
#11 Posted : 11/17/2019 2:58:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Could I ask if you have had, or are considering, surgeries? Fully understand if you feel that's too personal to share. There is a reason for the question.

burnt
#12 Posted : 11/17/2019 6:07:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Didn't mean to sound accusatory. Making big decisions after taking psychedelics can be big deal. Its worth taking time to consider what else might be going on when you have big revelations after taking psychedelics. Its worth considering whether they are true are not. I think I could have totally read some statements wrong way though. Might be slight language barrier. I certainly don't consider being trans-gender a mental illness in the same way I don't consider being homosexual a mental illness. But there were other things I read into that might have suggested some anxiety or magical thinking around these issues. Which can be sign of other potential problems unrelated to gender identify. But yea I do apologize for not providing more context, it was statement more out of concern.