We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
first extraction i have few questions about it Options

B1ack_Ph03niX
#1 Posted : 11/15/2019 4:55:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hello friends i done my first harmala extraction
but due to proccess i have couple of problems:

I lowered the solution pH to 4 with vinegar and then added sodium hydroxide to turn milky color. After settling down for 24 hours i water off the top a lot and then fill it with water again and again. how many times i do watering of the top ? one of my friends said that i must do it till the water have 7 pH to 8 pH then it is ready for next step but whatever i do the process the top water has not 7 pH(my water have 7.5 pH along) and my solution It doesn't come lower than 8.3 and my top water have florescent color (i know harmala has this color) so i go to next step .
some question is how many times watering off the top is okay to go the next step?

How much crystal is extracted from one kilogram of Syrain Rue seeds?
Can it be used for the first time that the Harmala Crystal is created? (i know The more we do the process, the cleaner it becomes but the first time has it some bad alkaloids that harm brain or body ? Or is there some sodium hydroxide in it?)
yup i am a little Paranoid!Embarrased Shocked

many thanks

B1ack_Ph03niX attached the following image(s):
IMG_6780.JPG (2,817kb) downloaded 66 time(s).
“I understood myself only after I destroyed myself. And only in the process of fixing myself, did I know who I really was.”

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 11/15/2019 9:03:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What you have in your picture looks like the results of a Manske style salt extraction. After the alkaloids are crashed out with salt per this type tek, the extra unwanted alkaloids are left behind and you are left with full spectrum harmala alkaloids (harmine and harmaline). I consume the results of first Manske pull with no issues. If you like, you can take the alkaloids from this and dissolve in water, base (sodium carbonate will work, I use lye just because it's my go to base) and the alkaloids will crash to the bottom of the solution after it turns milky. Filter this from solution and you have full spectrum (harmine and harmaline) freebase alkaloids which can be smoalked. I add some to a rolled cigarette and smoalk prior to smoalking dmt. I always start my harmala extractions with the Manske so as to get rid of the unwanted alkaloids. Hope this helps. Good looking alkaloids. Love.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

B1ack_Ph03niX
#3 Posted : 11/16/2019 3:35:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
What you have in your picture looks like the results of a Manske style salt extraction. After the alkaloids are crashed out with salt per this type tek, the extra unwanted alkaloids are left behind and you are left with full spectrum harmala alkaloids (harmine and harmaline). I consume the results of first Manske pull with no issues. If you like, you can take the alkaloids from this and dissolve in water, base (sodium carbonate will work, I use lye just because it's my go to base) and the alkaloids will crash to the bottom of the solution after it turns milky. Filter this from solution and you have full spectrum (harmine and harmaline) freebase alkaloids which can be smoalked. I add some to a rolled cigarette and smoalk prior to smoalking dmt. I always start my harmala extractions with the Manske so as to get rid of the unwanted alkaloids. Hope this helps. Good looking alkaloids. Love.

hello Tony6Strings thanks for your reply i really appetite for your time and effort for reading and answering me.
about the filtering after adding sodium hydroxide to solution how do you filter it? if remove top water and add water to your solution again, how many time you do it? and how you certain that lye completely removed from solution
(i really afraid that some how lye got in the crystals and damage the body and this concern me)

many thanks
“I understood myself only after I destroyed myself. And only in the process of fixing myself, did I know who I really was.”

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 11/16/2019 3:58:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I pull most of the solution off the top of the alkaloids with a pipette or baster, then I filter the alkaloids through a coffee filter. I see what you're getting at, with worries that there may be sodium hydroxide contamination. I let my freebase alkaloids dry completely on a plate after filtering. That's it, that's all. Didn't wash them or anything. I've been using the batch I have just wrote about (freebase I usually smoalk but have eaten quite a bit also) for around a year with no issues. I don't know if this is best practice method, but it's what I did and it has worked very well for me. Perhaps some more experienced Nexus members can weigh in and tell us how they do it? Always happy to be of help if I am able!
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

doubledog
#5 Posted : 11/16/2019 5:07:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yield from harmala seeds should be at 4% minimum, my best result was more than 6%.

For filtering basic water, I use this setup:

Put cotton ball into the neck of the funnel and pour the alkaloids with basic water into it. Water will go through, alks stay in. It will last some time, be patient.
Wash alks with small volume of water while in funnel.
Check pH of this water after it is drained from funnel. Repeat until pH 7-8 is reached.
After this, you can dry it.

This is much quicker approach than decanting upper layer of water and addind fresh water, as you do not need to wait for sedimentation.

I use this method for every filtering of alkaloids (also for dmt and mescaline in later stages of extractions).

B1ack_Ph03niX
#6 Posted : 11/23/2019 3:22:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
I pull most of the solution off the top of the alkaloids with a pipette or baster, then I filter the alkaloids through a coffee filter. I see what you're getting at, with worries that there may be sodium hydroxide contamination. I let my freebase alkaloids dry completely on a plate after filtering. That's it, that's all. Didn't wash them or anything. I've been using the batch I have just wrote about (freebase I usually smoalk but have eaten quite a bit also) for around a year with no issues. I don't know if this is best practice method, but it's what I did and it has worked very well for me. Perhaps some more experienced Nexus members can weigh in and tell us how they do it? Always happy to be of help if I am able!

thank you very much
hope some day i solve one of your problems brotherThumbs up

B1ack_Ph03niX
#7 Posted : 11/23/2019 3:27:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

doubledog wrote:
Yield from harmala seeds should be at 4% minimum, my best result was more than 6%.

For filtering basic water, I use this setup:

Put cotton ball into the neck of the funnel and pour the alkaloids with basic water into it. Water will go through, alks stay in. It will last some time, be patient.
Wash alks with small volume of water while in funnel.
Check pH of this water after it is drained from funnel. Repeat until pH 7-8 is reached.
After this, you can dry it.

This is much quicker approach than decanting upper layer of water and addind fresh water, as you do not need to wait for sedimentation.

I use this method for every filtering of alkaloids (also for dmt and mescaline in later stages of extractions).

thanks a lot Thumbs up
this is one of the best ways i ever heard