We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
hcl? Options

TalkingGarden
#1 Posted : 11/13/2019 5:18:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Any ideas how to come by HCl? I know muritic is sold in stores but that's diluted so that wouldn't work right? for kash's a/b

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Triglav
#2 Posted : 11/13/2019 5:22:55 PM

In the gap between thoughts nonconceptual wisdom shines continuously.

Yes it would work. HCl is a very strong acid not to be fooled around with. Always be in a good ventilated area. Don't evaporate the stuff in an oven or some similar setting. Use protective gear when working with it.

TalkingGarden
#3 Posted : 11/13/2019 6:12:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeh i know the dangers actually use muriatic for metal work! but reg muriatic will work for this do i need to use more as i thought the tek was just straigh HCl not diluted but i dont know never done that before????

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 11/13/2019 6:27:11 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hardware store 'muriatic acid' is typically greenish in colour due to metal contamination. This is best avoided in products intended for consumption.

"Straight HCl" is a gas Big grin. Find out the concentration of hydrochloric acid needed by referring to the method you are using. You then need to ascertain the concentration of the HCl you are using and adjust the amount used accordingly.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

TalkingGarden
#5 Posted : 11/13/2019 8:34:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That makes sense i use the hardware store stuff to do metal work so i guess thats what its made for...any other tips is this something i will end up having to order?

doubledog
#6 Posted : 11/13/2019 8:44:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You don't need very concentrated acid, diluted is better as you have lower risk of going too low with pH.

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 11/13/2019 9:23:59 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

OK, assembling the attempted hints given Wink :

In order to transform your hardware store acid into something usable, you will need to construct an assemblage of flasks and tubes (preferably Drechsler gas washing bottles), and an air pump, such that you can bubble air into gently warmed, store-bought acid and then lead the fumes through an outlet tube in order to bubble them through distilled water contained in second vessel. Done correctly, this will provide you with HCl to a maximum concentration of about 20%, and free from metals contamination.

It seems you're sufficiently aware of the requisite safety procedures (I hope!)

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

TalkingGarden
#8 Posted : 11/13/2019 11:00:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Safety i am good i am new to this kinda stuff but work with dangerous materials at dangerous temperatures all the time!

LEARN ADAPT OVERCOME!