We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Kava - Placebo or Psychoactive Options

King Tryptamine
#1 Posted : 11/13/2019 8:38:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey readers, I would like to gather some intel of subjective reports or personal bio-essays on the purported psychoactivity of P.methysticum. I would appreciate any helpful feedback for two reasons.

NO.1 - After trying various legal or grey area plant based 'drugs' listed: chamomile, valerian root, St Johns wort, passion flower, etc... I found all of them to be seriously lacking in CNS effects, if any finding them to be no better than placebo. I've also found herbs such as coca to be incredibly psychoactive, contradictory to some online claims such as it being termed a mild stimulant on par with coffee or that the substance provides no 'high' what so ever. It was only after trying the sacred leaves I found both statements to be seriously wrong, providing an invigorating source of energy along the same lines as stronger stimulants such as amphetamine, methylphenidate or its isolate.

NO.2 - As of yet I've got no experience with kava Sad

So because of these factors making me a little weary of the herbal market, I'd like to know from the members of the forum to chime in on whether or not kava is a placebo substance on par with something like valerian root, providing little to no psychoative effect or whether it is on par with something like coca or cannabis providing a significant level of psychoativity, albeit different, one that someone would blatantly notice. Again any feedback would be greatly appreciated before I blow my money exploring the potential of this entheogen, if any.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Eaglepath
#2 Posted : 11/13/2019 9:46:42 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

Kava is definitely not a placebo IMO. I used it every day for a couple of weeks and its very cozySmile

Valeriana and passion flower work for me as well.. As Blue Lotus.. But dose enoughPleased
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

FranLover
#3 Posted : 11/13/2019 1:09:47 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Kava is strong as hell, will numb your mouth, deeply relaxing and in the case of a high first time dose; entheogenic.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Wolfnippletip
#4 Posted : 11/13/2019 1:48:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kava is legit. It makes me more sociable without feeling forced. I don't take it often because the point of diminishing returns happens by the second or third day dosing for me. Also it leaves me feeling rather desiccated which makes its use self-limiting. It is also expensive.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

FranLover
#5 Posted : 11/13/2019 2:53:18 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Wolfnippletip wrote:
Kava is legit. It makes me more sociable without feeling forced. I don't take it often because the point of diminishing returns happens by the second or third day dosing for me. Also it leaves me feeling rather desiccated which makes its use self-limiting. It is also expensive.

Indeed, theres something about the liver trembling which also kind of sucks. Its barley perceptible, but it happens to me, and it makes me realize its not healthy. For doing it one time, or 3, definitley! Deminishing retutns, thats true, gets boring too. Combine it with cannabis of course.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Cactus Man
#6 Posted : 11/16/2019 7:31:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

100% active and proven active. kavalactones are the active constituents.

Loverofallthings
#7 Posted : 11/17/2019 12:23:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kava Kava is a very potent psychoactive. I think quality of starting material might make a difference. Te made strong with milk will certainly get you where you would like to be. Numbed mouth, fully melt into the couch relaxed. Its like herbal Valium when prepared correctly.