We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lasting visual artifacts after taking DMT Options

bismillah
#1 Posted : 11/12/2019 3:41:09 PM

My Personalized Tag

Newbie here... I've tripped on DMT about 6 times so far in my life, all within the last 4 ½ months or so. Been working up my dose and trying rue as an MAOI and generally just experimenting.

Anyways. After about the third or fourth trip (the first time I did a heavy dose) I've been noticing funny things going on with my vision. First, the faint CEVs I get late at night when I go to bed were a lot more vivid, and textured surfaces seemed to ripple a little bit.

Initially, I just chalked this up to my excitement about my first trips making me notice funny things about my vision that I used to ignore.

However, after #6, I'm noticing that words are starting to slide around on the page, among other things. It feels almost like I'm on a constant 5 mg dose or something.
While I appreciate that it's just in my head, I feel it's a little much to just be in my head (if you know what I mean).
Makes me think I should do this much less often.

Not really worried (gives me something to look at while waiting in the checkout line Razz ), just intrigued and wondering if anyone else had a similar experience after their first few times.
Cheers!
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

TalkingGarden
#2 Posted : 11/12/2019 5:24:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeh man that will happen I just decided to slow things down but yeh I would get it at night like you said and "flashbacks" here and there sometimes text on the computer would go double or wavy for a bit...

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 11/12/2019 9:25:36 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

This is to be expected. Your brain has experienced a new way to think and hasn't forgotten it entirely.

Remaining calm and comfortable with it is a sensible approach. Slowing down with the drug intake and allowing plenty of time to integrate each experience is also wise.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ShamensStamen
#4 Posted : 11/12/2019 9:56:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Do you partake in Cannabis by chance? Cannabis is quite notorious for causing lingering visual effects and bringing on a more Psychedelic headspace after a good dosage of a Psychedelic or general Psychedelic experimentation.

I took Rue and Mimosa/Acacia daily/near daily for 4 years, also smoked Cannabis the whole time and still smoke Cannabis, but it wasn't until i tried LSD that i noticed some type of HPPD in terms of visual effects and words kinda bouncing or moving around or pictures looking more alive and moving, which seemed to amp up when i smoked Cannabis, lasted a few good weeks until it went away and occasionally Cannabis can still cause me to have a trippy headspace, it's more Psychedelic, and feels like it can bring me back into the Huasca headspace a good bit at times.

But for your issue, i wouldn't let it concern you, if you use Cannabis, you can either ride things out or abstain for a bit, if you don't use Cannabis, the same applies, ride it out and it'll go away, or abstain from the DMT for a bit. Usually HPPD isn't an issue for people, it may be distracting or make you think you've messed yourself up somehow, but with time it'll go away.