We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Which type of bleach for disinfection Options

grollum
#1 Posted : 10/31/2019 7:19:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi there,

can someone clarify which type of bleach I should use for glove box disinfection and other processes regarding mushroom growing. What is meant when it is spoken of bleach?

In the past I used H2O2 which is a bit harder to get where I live.
When I go to the grocery store they sell chlorine and something oxygen + soda based as bleach.

What exactly should I use?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

infinitynlove
#2 Posted : 12/3/2019 10:09:32 PM

Mushroom Explorer

Standard store bought liquid bleach will do, regardless of the composition ...

Wipe with bleach, then with peroxide, then alcohol.

You can get 3% peroxide from most chemists, if they ask what for, say for sanitation of child's play area.

You can get isopropyl alcohol from any chemist, if they ask what for, say contact cleaning on guitar pickups and guitar components.

Hope this helps
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM

benzyme
#3 Posted : 12/4/2019 4:54:37 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_hypochlorite
https://en.wikipedia.org...ki/Benzalkonium_chloride
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck