We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Learning from THC Options

Morbid
#1 Posted : 10/27/2019 6:58:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't had THC in awhile but every time I've had it I've had very unpleasant and mentally taxing experiences that I've tried very hard to forget (and have forgotten completely in some instances) but every time I come out of a THC experience I feel the vague sense like I've learned something. I haven't the slightest idea of what I've learned specifically from these painful THC experiences but I can't get rid of the weird feeling that the experiences made me a lot smarter in a way that I'm not supposed to know. Does this happen to anyone else?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Teamleary
#2 Posted : 10/28/2019 4:38:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Morbid wrote:
I haven't had THC in awhile but every time I've had it I've had very unpleasant and mentally taxing experiences that I've tried very hard to forget (and have forgotten completely in some instances) but every time I come out of a THC experience I feel the vague sense like I've learned something. I haven't the slightest idea of what I've learned specifically from these painful THC experiences but I can't get rid of the weird feeling that the experiences made me a lot smarter in a way that I'm not supposed to know. Does this happen to anyone else?

Hey!

I've been smoking daily for years and it has only been 3 or 4 years that it really started to "make sense". It used to be often unpleasant, like provoking anxieties.
I'm reaching higher mental states now, I "understand" things, I have "eurekas" that are not like with psychedelics. It's not like "Omg this is the truth" but more "Omg, that's what I've been thinking for so long and it's right there in front of me".

I tend to think that I used to get anxious because it's a drug that makes your thoughts very "concrete", like you can "bump into them". It's drug that can't make you lie to yourself. You can see you ego for what it is (but it can't really "kill" it, so that's a shame, fortunately, we have other tools for that).

Idk if it helps at all...
"How Small A Thought It Takes To Fill A Whole Life"
Wittgenstein

Egzoset
#3 Posted : 10/29/2019 9:58:13 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations,

IMO there are multiple ways to VILIFY cannabis:

* Consumption Method & Ritual, shaping the acquisition of a habit profile.
* Genetic Selection, extreme THC:CBD ratios separating sinful from worthy.
* Industrial-grade Processing, "Tumbling", chemicals & secret ingredients.

For example the cigarette/"joint" format sacrifices noble cannabic substances just to conveniently keep a fire alive, much as if it were vile charcoal, which is a mediocre trade-off also involving economical stress on top of exposing to self-poisoning from combustion...

Ancient civilisations slowly perfected genetic selection using natural agriculture practices initially, in days when the only obvious sign of instant success was THC. Then bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionism installed socio-toxic dynamics boosting the drive towards THC-centric "fidelization" of unsuspecting/vulnerable individuals for mercantile purposes - which remains a reality in Québec's "legal" SQdC stores today and quite probably elsewhere as well. Hence this boils down to hypocrytical "elite" attitudes, as if extremes were supposed to auto-magically translate into normality somehow. Not to mention a failure to integrate CBD + "entourage effects" while rejecting Victorian-age ideology.

In addition it turns out a special gift of Nature resides in cannabis female flowers: their trichome glands biologically "filter" precious noble substances on a molecular basis at the site of genesis, collecting them separately from a vegetal substrate, above a capillary stem inviting the most cost-efficient purist harvest imaginable - and yet all to often it gets contaminated simply to serve greedy markets instead. With recent "vaping deaths" in USA imposing themselves as a striking illustration.

Of course the environment carries more vilification vectors of its own. Insiders of a sub-culture (which "Légaleezation" now attempts to erase...) find themselves irresistibly drawn towards consumption abuse as a ~300 mg "joint" lacks basic "Metered Dosing" features and more often than not an average smoker shall just finish it, considering it's not worth the waste to extinguish then light up again more than a couple times anyway. Yet, in comparison my ~125 mg vaporist bowl can be made to generate ~5 healthwise tokes essentially free of such wasting, equally allowing me to ride the Tolerance Barrier instead of aiming for solid "T-Breaks", which in turn spares me from a roller-coaster model that i believe to promote habit disorders blatantly designated as "ADDICTION" by enemies who call me a "stoner"/"droÿé".

Last but not least, i'd want to raise the matter of how humans learn new skills via trial & error, essentially. Personally i consider that as a young man i entered this game with a bad hand, so to speak, because my consumption method was wrong, the genetic selection was wrong and hence further acquisition of a new habit went wrong too, quite predictably.

Embarrased

Back then there was no internet to help us reflect on what we were doing and much less long-term implications, while the science of materials wasn't as advanced until decades later when Dan Steinberg chose space-age SiC Foam to design his VaporGenie pipes, only a couple years after the Y2K bug... Etc., etc.

Briefly put there's a real opportunity to choose a much better future for yourself, just learn to recognize vilification factors kind of early then try to avoid these before you're at risk to develop some failed habit eventually leading to total abstainance from all cannabis consumption. Think of it as of the speed of sound when airplanes crashed before reaching Mach1, abuse may be fun once in a while but there happens to be potential enlightment awaiting @ Mach 2! At that point though it's crucial to realize that cannabis only helps to find a path while its the consumer himself who performs the walking.

M'well, that's how i'd depict the whole scene anyway.

Good day, have fun!! Cool

FranLover
#4 Posted : 10/29/2019 8:35:51 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Cannabis has a lot to teach and is of cosmic nature just like the other psychedelics, just like consciousness. Just like Teamleary it took me years to understand the plant, 7 to be precise. Smoke and remain completley still. Dont move the body or the mind, just breathe skillfully and all the energy of the plant is directed straight at its aim. What is the aim? It lies in the third eye and is the seat from which all things arise.

Egsozet, It seems to me addiction is a fact. It need not be negative, but most times will be, even if just slightly, cause a habit which has no end makes the mind dull. We can always aspire to a purer life, is that not true?โ™ก What is pure and what is not we know cause we have been children and have felt those moments of enlightment with no drug or habit needed...a mind that is beautiful can shine its own light

I'm currently smoking out of this little water bong! Its amazing! My lizard friends come close when there is stillness. Likes the smell of cannabis!
FranLover attached the following image(s):
20191029_163742.jpg (3,463kb) downloaded 72 time(s).
20191029_163824.jpg (1,808kb) downloaded 72 time(s).
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence โ—‹ Shiva โ—‡ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving โ™กSee the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.โ™ก
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

dragonrider
#5 Posted : 10/29/2019 9:18:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cannabis is an entheogen. But a tricky one. It can be addictive, it can make you lazy, it can make you indulge in the most trivial futilities. It can make you binge on chips or chocolates.

The best way to avoid all these things is to not treat it as if it is just a trivial drug. Don't treat it as if it's something like coffee or beer. Or chewing gum.

Treat it as a serious entheogen. The less you use it, the more valuable it tends to become.

And also...the best way to enjoy it is to eat it.

Egzoset
#6 Posted : 10/30/2019 12:28:59 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations FranLover,
Salutations DragonRider,

FranLover wrote:
Egsozet, It seems to me addiction is a fact.

dragonrider wrote:
It can be addictive, it can make you lazy...

When it comes to lifestyle i'd reply there's some duality with cannabis, apparently. Although the obcessive spiral seeking a "perfect toke" has lost its former attaction on me i do remember such familiar captivating sensation, yet the paradox ain't irresistible anymore: it's been solved and freedom was found without having to go through "T-Breaks" nor total abstainance.

There were days, not so long ago, when i vaporized using a table device and my answer would have been YES to the question « did you finish that bowl? », almost invariably... Then YES again to « do you "T-Break" occasionally?? », then once more to « do you roller-coaster?... »! But that's now an echo of the past and my reality changed for the best; so there's no way to get shamed over an absence of inadequacy, while the term "addiction" just sounds alien anyway.

What's grouped under the concept of a 3rd eye could as well correspond to acquired skills and my concern is that much too many individuals still learn cannabis abuse 1st before they even get a chance to appreciate some different perspective(s), mainly aroma/taste + doing more with less...

In any case it's a good idea to mention water conditioning, though my exploration of a FongBong! (contact-free/no filtering) alternative proved to promote abuse too after only a week. That's why the VaporGenie seduced me instantly: clean-burning butane actually performs portable self-moisturization from extra-hot exhaust gases (H2O & CO2), as for filtration i always keep a tiny cotton ball in the path. In addition its 1-toke aspect implies i'm equally free to forget about it at any moment...

Pleased

All i require besides a frosty layer of trichome glands is to enjoy my rocking chair under a few sunrays, as this valorises exhales visually. Yet as an ex-smoker of both tobacco and hashish i must conclude there's no substitute, considering ritual has a significative role to play too. For example the warmth healing my hand. Then all "noise" vanishes, making room for serenity as i revisit old memories of my uncles nearly doing a similar thing on a Sunday afternoon.

Too bad i can't have a cat, he'd love to share these moments IMO!

Good day, have fun!! Cool
Egzoset attached the following image(s):
FogBong! (2012-Nov-17) .PNG (22kb) downloaded 62 time(s).

Eaglepath
#7 Posted : 10/31/2019 12:28:06 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

IMO Cannabis is one of the hardest medicines to get through the mind into clearity with. But if you are strong enough mentally and can withstand a big strong joint in silent darkness and then keep the focus sharp for 10-15min until the mind settles down, the heart stops racing etc etc, it can then be as strong as 5meo! No joke..
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

Lampeyelittle
#8 Posted : 11/1/2019 6:24:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

People severely underestimate the psychedelic power of THC. During my experimental phases with cannabis in my early college years, I had many high-dose THC trips. I'd pack a 1g bowl into my bong and clear the whole thing in one hit just to see what would happen. At some point I "broke through" and my consciousness was in a different place. Similar to a DMT breakthrough but without the alien feeling of it all. I looked down at my hand, as I was fidgeting around with a small piece of paper. The piece of paper turned into a beetle, and I felt as though I literally created life in the palm of my hand. Then i puked, faded back down, and the trip was very negative for the rest of the time, which is very peculiar.

Once you learn to just "chill out" on cannabis, it's an entirely new drug. The potential for abuse is pretty high in my opinion, though, and I am very guilty of using it out of plain habit at night. It's lost a lot of its spiritual benefit for me, I just need to coerce myself into a t-break!
"And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas