We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bulb Vap-O! Options

Dimitri-Trance
#1 Posted : 1/13/2010 6:18:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.salviasource....images/gallery/5556.jpg
http://www.salviasource....images/gallery/5557.jpg

The top were the straw is, has 2 holes. The big hole is for the size of the straw to insert and the spice. The smaller one is a release hole to inhale all the vapors and make air exchange...to shoot strait up your lungs.Wink

Enjoy!Smile

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

amor_fati
#2 Posted : 1/13/2010 6:54:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

I hate to say it, but honestly, both designs (this and the machine) SWIM's seen you post are...well, they're the sort of designs SWIM's experimented with very early in his travels, and he laid them to rest for very good reasons. They certainly work, but not very well in SWIM's experience. Admittedly, using a longer bulb as SWIY has here is probably a little bit better than SWIM's first bulb, but bulbs are a pain and will result in horrid vapors during the learning phase. The piece is going to be incredibly difficult to keep clean and will result in a good deal of premature precipitation. SWIM would say that as simple as these pieces are, they have a lot of overly complex nuances (nooks and crannies, plastic pieces, tape, and simply the manner of heating).

A bit harsh, but SWIM's been there, and would rather see SWIY take advantage of SWIM's (and likely others'Pleased experience in the matter than learn the hard way. Perhaps SWIY's experience will be a bit different than SWIM's, but he would bet that SWIY would continue to develop his methods anyway and eventually leave such designs behind, just as most do.

Dimitri-Trance
#3 Posted : 1/13/2010 7:13:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:
I hate to say it, but honestly, both designs (this and the machine) SWIM's seen you post are...well, they're the sort of designs SWIM's experimented with very early in his travels, and he laid them to rest for very good reasons. They certainly work, but not very well in SWIM's experience. Admittedly, using a longer bulb as SWIY has here is probably a little bit better than SWIM's first bulb, but bulbs are a pain and will result in horrid vapors during the learning phase. The piece is going to be incredibly difficult to keep clean and will result in a good deal of premature precipitation. SWIM would say that as simple as these pieces are, they have a lot of overly complex nuances (nooks and crannies, plastic pieces, tape, and simply the manner of heating).

A bit harsh, but SWIM's been there, and would rather see SWIY take advantage of SWIM's (and likely others'Pleased experience in the matter than learn the hard way. Perhaps SWIY's experience will be a bit different than SWIM's, but he would bet that SWIY would continue to develop his methods anyway and eventually leave such designs behind, just as most do.

Thanks for the info!
I needed to be aware of it.

premature precipitation?
Horrid vapors? (as in harsh?)

Seven
#4 Posted : 1/13/2010 7:23:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes, very harsh.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 1/13/2010 7:26:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

EXTREMELY harsh....like molten plastic in your lungs.

amor_fati
#6 Posted : 1/13/2010 7:27:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dimitri-Trance wrote:
Thanks for the info!
I needed to be aware of it.

I'm glad to be of service!

Quote:
premature precipitation?
Horrid vapors? (as in harsh?)

Crystal formations forming from vapors on the inside of the device. SWIM even got these from his first design of "the machine"--on the second day of smoking after trashing the bulb--as the bottle was way too big (maybe 3x the size of the recommended design). The vapors were quite nice though.

Horrid as in, burnt product, hot product, and possible fumes from the tape adhesive--incredibly harsh and nasty. This is a common experience from bulbs.

q21q21
#7 Posted : 1/13/2010 7:38:34 PM

SWIM

SWIM is a little confused, he thought he saw posts from Dimitri-Trance in similar threads and he has posted about the machine and it's use, but is still making these closed-bulb pipes.

Two words "the machine"

Anything glass with somewhere to inhale from (straw sealed with electrical tape = basic. Test tube w/ glass tube and stopper = better, a bought pipe may be better)
+ a hole in the opposite end stuffed with COARSE metal mesh (copper or stainless kitchen scrubbers) used as a "bowl" for the spice to be gently pre-melted into. (thoroughly flamed to burn off the residue first)

Cheap lighter held a couple inches away from the mesh *while you toke slowly* 1-3 large-slow tokes and spice is smoked EXTREMELY efficient.

SWIM assures you that the ease and efficiency will make smoking more enjoyable because there is always a proper use of the spice and no stressing over lighting technique.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Dimitri-Trance
#8 Posted : 1/13/2010 8:14:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:
SWIM is a little confused, he thought he saw posts from Dimitri-Trance in similar threads and he has posted about the machine and it's use, but is still making these closed-bulb pipes.

Two words "the machine"

Anything glass with somewhere to inhale from (straw sealed with electrical tape = basic. Test tube w/ glass tube and stopper = better, a bought pipe may be better)
+ a hole in the opposite end stuffed with COARSE metal mesh (copper or stainless kitchen scrubbers) used as a "bowl" for the spice to be gently pre-melted into. (thoroughly flamed to burn off the residue first)

Cheap lighter held a couple inches away from the mesh *while you toke slowly* 1-3 large-slow tokes and spice is smoked EXTREMELY efficient.

SWIM assures you that the ease and efficiency will make smoking more enjoyable because there is always a proper use of the spice and no stressing over lighting technique.

Well the light bulb make the spice more effective in my opinion than the machine.
Im surprised to see that a lot of people say its harsh. My mind dident even cross that when I inhaled out of a light bulb. So harsh-ness is not an issue.
I stopped with the machine because im consered of inhaling the chemicals on the steel wool/brillo (dish scrubber mesh). I burned it all out but many people still say its not a good idea.

q21q21
#9 Posted : 1/13/2010 8:19:46 PM

SWIM

Alas, to each their own. SWIM never smoked anything but DMT, smoked cannabis 5 times ever, never smoked a cigarette so maybe he is un-coordinated with a lighter and un-skilled..

but he found the efficiancy of the bulb to be 1/3 - 1/10 the efficiency of the machine and very stressful to work with which is TERRIBLE while preparing for lift-off.
SWIM doesn't smoke too often so he isn't to concerned with fumes, copper seems to produce none, the steel did taste steely before he swiched though, haha

Cheers with the bulb, maybe SWIY will engineer it better than the machine, who knows?
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

amor_fati
#10 Posted : 1/14/2010 5:50:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:
SWIM doesn't smoke too often so he isn't to concerned with fumes, copper seems to produce none, the steel did taste steely before he swiched though, haha

SWIM's never used steel, but copper's always seemed fine to him. Before he even puts it in the machine, he burns it hotter than it will ever possibly get while in use, and after all the brass coating's burned off, there's absolutely nothing--no smoke, no smell, nothing. Even the oxidization of the copper produces nothing more than an inert solid and CO2. SWIM believes this to be yet another overstated (possibly even misstated) hazard with very little reasoning or evidence to back it up. If anything in the copper is going to combust, it would probably do so when at its hottest--in total contact with the flame while burning off the coating. I know it seems sketchy and all, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's dangerous, just unconventional.

However, SWIM will soon remedy these all of these issues, valid or not, as he's got some ceramic fiber on the way! Hopefully it will be able to heat rapidly enough, as SWIM would imagine considering its ability to keep butane burning without a flame after even less than a second of heat application by butane flame, which would require ceramic to reach 500C (much more than DMT requires) almost instantly (SWIM's basing this on his experience with butane soldering irons that utilize ceramic filters for continuous flameless heating).

But yeah, SWIM can't see how a bulb could possibly be more effective than "the machine," as he's never burnt spice in a machine but has in a bulb. A machine constructed and used properly can produce total vaporization in less than a few seconds. If you're looking to try a cheap and effective method and have anything that could be used as a bubbler, give SWIM's design a try, an if it works well for you (as SWIM whole-heartedly believes it would), keep an eye out for his experimentation with ceramic fiber; it's not the easiest stuff to find, but there are plenty of simple ways to get as much as you will ever need for a decent price. It's commonly used for forges and kilns and many other high-heat applications.

killuminati420
#11 Posted : 1/18/2010 9:18:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whenever i use a bulb, it DOES NOT work at all...so i resort to a ghetto aluminum foil wrapped around a metal bongstem in a bottle bong(plastic bottle)...and that works only 1/10 times... My spice is nice and i know this because i get sub-breakthrough experiences when my bottle bong fails. When it works is when i breakthrough(1/10) times.

Could anyone tell me a good way to smoke or vap my spice? Id appreciate it. Im about to attempt the sandwich method right now.
"Money Can't Buy Life" -Bob Marley

jamie
#12 Posted : 1/18/2010 9:46:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I wouldnt smoke out of alluminum foil thats poisonous..same with brillo I cant see that being too healthy...I just have a nice glass pipe and stick a glass screen into it and use changa..and it never fails..if I shoot for a breakthrough I will always get it.

Maybe copper is a good idea I should try with that.
Long live the unwoke.

gammagore
#13 Posted : 1/18/2010 11:57:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Changa, changa, changa!! Its the most reliable way of smoking the Spice. All of the other smoking devices are a hit and miss with most people.

Just try changa once.

SnozzleBerry
#14 Posted : 1/19/2010 1:44:59 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Changa FTW! Nothing like DMT infused joints <3

Here's a bulb vape that works wonders...can I get a WHAT WHAT for the meth epidemic?!?!??!!!
SnozzleBerry attached the following image(s):
bulb.JPG (15kb) downloaded 131 time(s).
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

killuminati420
#15 Posted : 1/25/2010 8:18:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Would everclear from a liquor store work for changa?
"Money Can't Buy Life" -Bob Marley