We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
ACRB - defatting vs. recrystallizing Options

Nydex
#1 Posted : 10/26/2019 11:05:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ello,

As it so happens, some ~75g of ACRB found its way to me, and following my lack of success with changa, I want to go the freebase/fumarate route and see if that holds more for me.

However, while browsing the teks I can see a lot of conflicting opinions on those two steps. Some say that defatting is absolutely necessary when working with ACRB, others advise to save the NPS and go straight to extracting, followed by recrystallizing for best results. A third group advises on both for the "purest" results.

I am positive this question has been asked heaps, but as it is right now I can't afford to spend much time in research and browsing through the thousands of search results (ranging from a month ago, to 10 years ago) that come up, so I'm hoping someone else will be generous with that information Very happy

Which tek would you recommend for that quantity/material, and which of the two steps should I skip?

So far I've used only cyb's teks - the hybrid salt one, and max ion. Both performed well, but I can see some other much simpler teks that omit the prolonged heating periods and people report incredible results with them as well, so I'm wondering if it's worth doing all these extra steps in the more advanced teks, or if a simple, plain one does the trick as well.

With love,
Nydex
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Metta-Morpheus
#2 Posted : 10/26/2019 4:58:35 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Hi nydex
So far I’ve worked almost exclusively with acrb. The first several extractions I did not do a de-fat step. Once I started doing de-fats, there was a significant decrease in the translucent goo layer covering the bottom of the jars. Still some waxy tannish material that I think is the nmt, but no oily goo.

So I use a straightforward a/b. Boil your bark for the usual 3x 2hours or whatever with vinegar (I use powdered and I’ve gotten expected yield off of 3 one hour boils.) and reduce your combined boils. Once reduced, this is where the de-fat comes in. Use the usual amount of nps you would for a pull and do a pull on your acidic soup now. Swirl/gently shake for 30 minutes and pull off nps. Now continue the a/b procedure by adding lye and basifying to ~13ph. With new solvent, (discard the solvent from defat) do your normal pulls for precipitation. I’ve gotten very white fluff off of this procedure.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions i might be able to help with shoot em at me.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Nydex
#3 Posted : 11/2/2019 10:00:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the advice Morpheus. However, I don't think I'll be boiling the plant material at all. It seems messy and unnecessary.

Both teks I followed didn't include a boiling step. Do you think it would work if I just freeze-thaw the plant material thrice, then acidify the mixture to about 2-4pH, let it soak for say 6 hours, and then do three 50ml warm NPS pulls to get all the plant fats out? After that, I can salinate, base and pull, as in the Max Ion tek.

Let me know your thoughts.
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Metta-Morpheus
#4 Posted : 11/3/2019 4:44:50 PM

ModeratorSenior Member

I don’t see why that wouldn’t work. The important thing is to have it acidic when you do your defat, so that you don’t pull any goodies. I’ll have to look into freeze/thawing to cut out boiling. Hot vinegar water smells pretty pungent.

You should notice a difference in the lack of goo from adding this step to your procedure.

Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

KuzeMaf
#5 Posted : 11/11/2019 12:53:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Without the defat, all I've ever seen is beautiful goo.

Definitely not as satisfying as seeing xtals form, but VERY ACTIVE.

Love and Light and Travel Well.
All is the one....One is the all.

Math. Simple math looks infinite to me.

Metta-Morpheus
#6 Posted : 11/11/2019 8:09:44 PM

ModeratorSenior Member

I second this. Definitely quite active, looks more like a honey oil version of spice. I personally don’t mind it because I pretty much make enhanced herb or changa. Also fun to “blind dose” and roll a nugget all through that waxy goo and see whatcha get🤪🚀
Once I re-exed and got huge, I mean HUGE crystals, just to melt it all down for enhanced herb. But I was proud of those babies! So I’m not crazy on the perfect crystals, just how well it works.