We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Microdosing DMT for Newbies? Options

BenSparrow
#1 Posted : 10/22/2019 9:38:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is microdosing DMT a good way to start if you have never done DMT before?

Note: First post, please be kind 😅

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Propello
#2 Posted : 10/22/2019 9:57:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi and welcome!

It can be a good idea to dip your toe in the water before you go all the way.

Do you have any experience with other psychedelics?

There is a huge difference between smaller doses and a breakthrough though.

Start with 5-10mg and work your way up. Use a mg scale to measure exact doses.

Blessings.

Eaglepath
#3 Posted : 10/22/2019 4:09:36 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

Nothing wrong to start slow.. But be aware that the lower dosages nearly always feels strange.. Because the mind gets very weird and very active.. Usualy what leads to a bad trip.. With higher dosages you go beyond that! And what doesnt kills you... yeahPleased

Start slow and if you find yourself in a state which feels uncomfortable it nearly always helps to smoke more! You just need to be brave!
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

zatoichi
#4 Posted : 10/25/2019 1:54:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know what a microdose for humans would be. Rats must be more tolerant to it, at 1mg/kg. For me that would be 77mg, which is well past breakthrough amount. I have heard 50-60mg for breakthrough. I was thinking 5-10 mg.

My life has really sucked for quite a long time, and got off Prozac last month to try psychedelics, since Prozac did nothing. Do not want to try a breakthrough until in a much better mood.

Have some shrooms. Might try them first.

Thrasymachus
#5 Posted : 10/26/2019 6:31:33 AM

Extreme seductiveness is at the boundary of horror

zatoichi wrote:
Does anyone know what a microdose for humans would be. Rats must be more tolerant to it, at 1mg/kg. For me that would be 77mg, which is well past breakthrough amount. I have heard 50-60mg for breakthrough. I was thinking 5-10 mg.

My life has really sucked for quite a long time, and got off Prozac last month to try psychedelics, since Prozac did nothing. Do not want to try a breakthrough until in a much better mood.

Have some shrooms. Might try them first.

Firstly, If I was to suggest which of the two I would dabble in after coming out of an extended depression, I would certainly suggest doing shrooms at a lower dosage. Something like a 1.5 to 2.0g range. Don't push too hard, let the wonder return.

If you really want to try out the DMT a lower end dose will not have much of an effect, and I assume is not the kind of experience you would be interested in. Dmt is more of a commitment to a certain threshold of wonder that I would not suggest on a re-integration trip.

That being said-- I could be wrong and DMT could help you a great deal, but if that were the case, I'd assume it would be from a great experience having done a full dose.

All in all, I would move forward with shrooms, and proceed gently. Dmt isn't going anywhere.

Adieu.
The metaphysical comfort--with which, I am suggesting even now, every true tragedy leaves us--that life is at the bottom of things, despite all the changes of appearances, indestructibly powerful and pleasurable--this comfort appears in incarnate clarity in the chorus of the satyrs, a chorus of natural beings who live ineradicably, as it were, behind all civilization and remain eternally the same, despite the changes of generations and of the history of nations.
--Nietzsche

Ontology has it backwards. “This ‘saying to the Other’ — this relationship with the Other as interlocutor, this relation with an existent — precedes all ontology; it is the ultimate relation in Being”
--Levinas

Thrasymachus
#6 Posted : 10/26/2019 6:34:07 AM

Extreme seductiveness is at the boundary of horror

BenSparrow wrote:
Is microdosing DMT a good way to start if you have never done DMT before?

Note: First post, please be kind 😅

If you have prior experience, then proceed with a trip sitter.

If not, dip your toes in the waters of lesser Gods.
The metaphysical comfort--with which, I am suggesting even now, every true tragedy leaves us--that life is at the bottom of things, despite all the changes of appearances, indestructibly powerful and pleasurable--this comfort appears in incarnate clarity in the chorus of the satyrs, a chorus of natural beings who live ineradicably, as it were, behind all civilization and remain eternally the same, despite the changes of generations and of the history of nations.
--Nietzsche

Ontology has it backwards. “This ‘saying to the Other’ — this relationship with the Other as interlocutor, this relation with an existent — precedes all ontology; it is the ultimate relation in Being”
--Levinas

BenSparrow
#7 Posted : 10/30/2019 7:37:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gotcha. No, I do not have any psychedelic experiences. I will definitely get a mg scale and follow your recommendation.

Thank you so much Propello!!

Peace Cool

Propello wrote:
Hi and welcome!

It can be a good idea to dip your toe in the water before you go all the way.

Do you have any experience with other psychedelics?

There is a huge difference between smaller doses and a breakthrough though.

Start with 5-10mg and work your way up. Use a mg scale to measure exact doses.

Blessings.

BenSparrow
#8 Posted : 10/30/2019 7:40:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Understood. Thank you so much for your good advice Eaglepath!!

I will be getting a mighty vaporizer and have it ready if things get weird.

Peace! Thumbs up

Eaglepath wrote:
Nothing wrong to start slow.. But be aware that the lower dosages nearly always feels strange.. Because the mind gets very weird and very active.. Usualy what leads to a bad trip.. With higher dosages you go beyond that! And what doesnt kills you... yeahPleased

Start slow and if you find yourself in a state which feels uncomfortable it nearly always helps to smoke more! You just need to be brave!