We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT gets pissed off? Options

JKW
#1 Posted : 10/20/2019 11:45:03 PM

Like a stone in the shoe...

Today a 40 mg on a GVG was working wonderfully, until I became conscious of my body, and involuntarily opened my eyes very briefly.

This seemed to piss off the DMT, which ended the trip immediately.

I have had this happen a few times. It feels like the DMT doesn't like me to have my eyes open.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

FranLover
#2 Posted : 10/21/2019 1:12:51 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

I can relate. It doesn't always happen but often time does. Its sort of like dreams were when one realizes its a dream one wakes up. There are lines dedicated to this sort of functioning of the brain in ancient texts like the Vedas, if I recall correctly. The thing seems to be that you have to be total awareness, yet lose yourself, so that you dont come back into your body and open your eyes. That part of the brain that is You needs to be absent so that the visions and the trip can continue happening to the one who is All. So there needs to be awarness, yet absence.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

HagRaven13
#3 Posted : 10/21/2019 7:49:08 AM

laughter is the best medicine

yea ive had this happen quite a few times, but for me it doesn't end immediately, i tend to open my eyes to early and get heavy open eyed visuals, sometimes disturbing, sometimes beautiful, i think what happens is my brain gets overwhelmed by hyperspace and im jolted back. it also feels involuntary, and i feel it can be a few things, i think most of the time it happens when i dont smoke enough or to much, ive also notice it would also happen if i had anything happen in the real world like doors opening and closing or car noise even music is a huge distraction, and sometimes i do get hyperslapped which happens at random most of the time which consist of a blackout period and waking up to world shattering visuals, id say the underlying reason for all of this is not being able to let go of the body and opening your eyes reestablishes control of some sort or thinking youre going to psychically die and wanting to control your bodily functions. have you tried since?

@fran what do you mean by lines? if you can site a specific verse thatd be great im really into Hinduism at the moment.......ooooommmmmm!

JKW
#4 Posted : 10/21/2019 3:14:12 PM

FranLover wrote:
I can relate. It doesn't always happen but often time does. Its sort of like dreams were when one realizes its a dream one wakes up. There are lines dedicated to this sort of functioning of the brain in ancient texts like the Vedas, if I recall correctly. The thing seems to be that you have to be total awareness, yet lose yourself, so that you dont come back into your body and open your eyes. That part of the brain that is You needs to be absent so that the visions and the trip can continue happening to the one who is All. So there needs to be awarness, yet absence.

Understood. The interesting thing is that I love smoking with the eyes open in nature; and there was a time I would also like to look at my work (I'm an artist) under the effects.
I would occasionally open my eyes during a trip, if my wife was present, to look at her as well. When I closed my eyes again, I felt the DMT was angry/annoyed I did that. I originally interpreted it as jealousy. (Note: I tend to personify DMT, due to the entities I've encountered. It always feels like an exterior intelligence to me; though I don't mean that literally).
What has happened a couple of times is that if I open my eyes, the trip ends abruptly, even at the start of the trip.

I do have full DMT trips with eyes closed, and they are wonderful. I was curious if anyone else has experienced this.

JKW
#5 Posted : 10/21/2019 3:24:26 PM

HagRaven13 wrote:
yea ive had this happen quite a few times, but for me it doesn't end immediately, i tend to open my eyes to early and get heavy open eyed visuals, sometimes disturbing, sometimes beautiful, i think what happens is my brain gets overwhelmed by hyperspace and im jolted back. it also feels involuntary, and i feel it can be a few things, i think most of the time it happens when i dont smoke enough or to much, ive also notice it would also happen if i had anything happen in the real world like doors opening and closing or car noise even music is a huge distraction, and sometimes i do get hyperslapped which happens at random most of the time which consist of a blackout period and waking up to world shattering visuals, id say the underlying reason for all of this is not being able to let go of the body and opening your eyes reestablishes control of some sort or thinking youre going to psychically die and wanting to control your bodily functions. have you tried since?

@fran what do you mean by lines? if you can site a specific verse thatd be great im really into Hinduism at the moment.......ooooommmmmm!

But do you feel like you pissed off some invisible intelligence?

#6 Posted : 10/21/2019 4:10:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

The last decade it's happened in a similar way for me probably a dozen times or so.

Several of those experience, after the peak, though still very much fully 'there' - I'd get the brief idea to try to open my eyes, just because. As soon as I would that full-on barrage of visions/place I'd been enveloped in would cease as I'm sitting there staring around the room. Color saturation, hue, sharpness/contrast - those were all there, but zero of closed-eye had carried over.

From here it would end in one of two directions for me - either I would end up closing my eyes again - and immediately I'd be instantly subsumed back fully into that realm, no question. Though there were some of those times to where if I ended up closing my eyes in an attempt to go back - it was gone, some slight disturbances behind the eyes. But nearly zero.

DMT pissed off? Ah, not imo/e. For me personally things like 'pissed off' or ascribing anything similar to when events like this happen - it feels beyond all that to me, in whatever way it comes. Bounded by our own limited understanding of the world/universe/this reality. And for me trying to apply any of my labeling to something that can be as confounding, boundless, transdimensional, and reality-shattering as the dmt experience - for me I think it's futile to even try to do any sort of dichotomous, human based labeling.

Not throwing shade at your views, just my own thoughts on this.

This experience can be an incredible gamble, at least in the years I've taken it [and this became more apparent to me as the years have passed]. I never had put any thought to the experience being pissed off or that i'm not worthy, or something similar to those.

This is a very very complex thing we're dealing with. And with that - that's an incredibly vast understatement imo.

JKW
#7 Posted : 10/21/2019 6:02:39 PM

tatt wrote:
The last decade it's happened in a similar way for me probably a dozen times or so.

Several of those experience, after the peak, though still very much fully 'there' - I'd get the brief idea to try to open my eyes, just because. As soon as I would that full-on barrage of visions/place I'd been enveloped in would cease as I'm sitting there staring around the room. Color saturation, hue, sharpness/contrast - those were all there, but zero of closed-eye had carried over.

From here it would end in one of two directions for me - either I would end up closing my eyes again - and immediately I'd be instantly subsumed back fully into that realm, no question. Though there were some of those times to where if I ended up closing my eyes in an attempt to go back - it was gone, some slight disturbances behind the eyes. But nearly zero.

DMT pissed off? Ah, not imo/e. For me personally things like 'pissed off' or ascribing anything similar to when events like this happen - those are limited/bounded concepts. Bounded by our own limited understanding of the world/universe/this reality. And for me trying to apply any of that labeling to something that can be as confounding, boundless, transdimensional, and reality-shattering as the dmt experience - for me I think it's futile to even try to do any sort of dichotomous, human based labeling.

Not throwing shade at your views, just my own thoughts on this.

This experience can be an incredible gamble, at least in the years I've taken it [and this became more apparent to me as the years have passed]. I never had put any thought to the experience being pissed off or that i'm not worthy, or something similar to those.

This is a very very complex thing we're dealing with. And with that - that's an incredibly vast understatement imo.

It's just something that I sense, like sensing an exterior intelligence, whether it exists or not.

GLTASN
#8 Posted : 10/21/2019 9:38:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have fun with Snorkel cat and his girlfriend on low dose trips. They always like to play games. the main one is they try to make me open my eyes by Sometimes using light flickering on the edges to make it seem like my eyes are already starting to open. Once they started poking me with a stick to try to make me open my eyes and another time when I did open my eyes I went completely sober. I was completely bummed out and I was thinking "ah man" and as soon as I did they started laughing and then the visuals kicked in again and kept laughing and said "haha we're just fucking with you." Well they didn't really speak, they sort of just think it and I get it somehow.
"It may be that my role in the universe is, to question my role in the universe."

Metta-Morpheus
#9 Posted : 10/22/2019 4:34:37 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

GLTASN could you please elaborate on this snorkel cat?
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

JKW
#10 Posted : 10/22/2019 6:01:27 PM

Metta-Morpheus wrote:
GLTASN could you please elaborate on this snorkel cat?

Yes, please.