We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
California assembly votes to legalise cannabis Options

Infinite I
#1 Posted : 1/13/2010 12:34:54 PM

JC

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Kartikay
#2 Posted : 1/13/2010 3:17:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been following the issue closely, and to my surprise it actually seems like its going to pass. If it makes it through the Health panel, the General Assembly has the votes to pass it easily. Citizens have gathered enough signatures to put a similar referendum on the next ballot, which also legalizes marijuana. I believe that this would pass as well, due to public opinion polls in the state. If either one passes, California will be the first state to fully legalize marijuana. Since both are more than likely to pass, I'd say it's high time to move West. Smile
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

Touche Guevara
#3 Posted : 1/13/2010 3:51:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It would be time to move west, but California's constitution is totally fucked. The state requires only a simple majority to spend money, but a 2/3 majority to increase taxes. And one only need look as far as Prop 8 to see how ridiculous their legal system is.

nodice
#4 Posted : 1/13/2010 4:42:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

woo hoo!!!!!!!
I wont need to move Smile
have you ever taken that ferry from San Francisco to Berkeley and looked back and seen that while in Berkeley, San Francisco doesn't exist?

Skizm
#5 Posted : 1/13/2010 5:16:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One step at a time, one veryyyyyyyy slow step at a time. Now let's all start clamoring about legalizing all drugs for recreational use!
Life is a puzzle. Your parents fill in the edges and give you a starting point. The interesting thing about this puzzle is that one piece could fit in a million different spots and you will never fill it in. Try as you may, it will never be complete.

-Mi padre

dankh
#6 Posted : 1/13/2010 5:19:39 PM

MRJ

You can't have soup without squashing a few tomatoes.

Or something like that..
In most cases, the furthest you have to go for help is the nearest human being.

DMT: The Spirit Molecule a film by Mitch Schultz
@Facebook @Twitter @YouTube

The creator; shattered diamond eyes and serpent veins of light.

Quote:
I'm scared to death that I'm living a life not worth dying for.

Buster
#7 Posted : 1/13/2010 6:28:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good news indeedVery happy . do yous think big Arnie takes a smoke of the herbLaughing

i should have posted this tune in the music that gets you through life thred,
however it fits in here well to.

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGsEt-qtOqs

peace.
I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

Skizm
#8 Posted : 1/13/2010 6:43:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Buster wrote:
Good news indeedVery happy . do yous think big Arnie takes a smoke of the herbLaughing

enjoy

peace.

I think Arnie prefers cocaine and little boys. After all, he is probably letting this one go because his state is in such dire need of money.
Life is a puzzle. Your parents fill in the edges and give you a starting point. The interesting thing about this puzzle is that one piece could fit in a million different spots and you will never fill it in. Try as you may, it will never be complete.

-Mi padre

Infinite I
#9 Posted : 1/13/2010 8:24:09 PM

JC

Skizm wrote:
Buster wrote:

enjoy

peace.

I think Arnie prefers cocaine and little boys. After all, he is probably letting this one go because his state is in such dire need of money.

Yes, hes george w's pal, hes clearly sucking satans cock, used to think he was great too! Rolling eyes

Skizm
#10 Posted : 1/15/2010 12:20:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Infinite I wrote:

hes clearly sucking satans cock

Ahh, Marky Mark, back again are we?

-Mi padre

universecannon
#11 Posted : 1/15/2010 1:31:16 AM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

...is it really possible? I'm almost teering up here thinking about this. May have to hightail it to cali if it passes.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Kartikay
#12 Posted : 1/15/2010 2:58:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just remember that its still illegal under US law, which supersedes any state law that conflicts. The DEA could still arrest you, but they won't. They will now be at the disadvantage of having no state law enforcement to help. They may crack down on growers, though. Still, I don't believe the federal government has enough time, money, desire or manpower to bother.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

VisualDistortion
#13 Posted : 1/15/2010 3:25:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kartikay wrote:
Just remember that its still illegal under US law, which supersedes any state law that conflicts. The DEA could still arrest you, but they won't. They will now be at the disadvantage of having no state law enforcement to help. They may crack down on growers, though. Still, I don't believe the federal government has enough time, money, desire or manpower to bother.

DEA aint gonna bust the nuts of the average joe. They will antagonize large growing operations I think.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Touche Guevara
#14 Posted : 1/15/2010 3:38:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Kartikay wrote:

Obama put an end to the practice of federal law enforcement going after people operating within state medical MJ laws.

Kartikay
#15 Posted : 1/15/2010 3:45:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Touche Guevara wrote:
Obama put an end to the practice of federal law enforcement going after people operating within state medical MJ laws.

Yes, and that only applies to medical marijuana.

nodice
#16 Posted : 1/15/2010 6:24:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is an initiative in the works that could end up on the November ballot that allows for marijuana to be sold to anyone, and anywhere that already sells alcohol. Its being called The Inalienable Rights Enforcement Initiative. From the full text of the measure:
This initiative will amend the Constitution of California to defend and safeguard the inalienable rights of the People against infringement by governments and corporations, providing for the lawful growth, sale, and possession of marijuana. Marijuana will be taxed through a system of stamps and licenses--a $5 stamp will be required for the sale of an eighth ounce of marijuana and a $50 annual license will be required for the growth of one marijuana plant. To protect participants and encourage participation in the system, such licenses and stamps will be available anonymously in stores where marijuana is sold.

have you ever taken that ferry from San Francisco to Berkeley and looked back and seen that while in Berkeley, San Francisco doesn't exist?

Infinite I
#17 Posted : 1/15/2010 9:42:36 AM

JC

Skizm wrote:
Infinite I wrote:

Who?? The rapper? Confused

I was a bit drunk and stoned when I typed that Embarrased Laughing

soulfood
#18 Posted : 1/15/2010 12:09:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

hello hammer

Skizm
#19 Posted : 1/15/2010 5:11:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infinite I wrote:
Skizm wrote:
Infinite I wrote:

Who?? The rapper? Confused

I was a bit drunk and stoned when I typed that Embarrased Laughing

Have you seen Bill Hick's "Suck Satan's Cock!" routine? That is where I thought you got it from. If not, my bad.

soulfood wrote:
hello hammer

Send Vanilla Ice in on your way out.

-Mi padre

Touche Guevara
#20 Posted : 1/15/2010 7:26:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Kartikay wrote:
Touche Guevara wrote:

Yes, and that only applies to medical marijuana.

And in California a medical MJ card is about as hard to come by as a hooker in Tijuana.

12NEXT