We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
McKennAI - The digital revival of Terence McKenna in the form of AI Options

Nydex
#1 Posted : 10/17/2019 9:32:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's been something I've thought about many times, because I literally miss this man. I dream of hearing his thoughts on the world today in that same charismatic and eloquent manner that won the hearts of millions.

I've spent countless hours listening to this man's stories and philosophies, and I've grown to love him with all my heart even though his body was taken away when I have been only 7 years old. His soothing voice has given me peace during difficult journeys, and I firmly believe I've grown as a person thanks to his mind-opening lectures and talks.

And now we might finally be on the brink of having a new, digital Terence. A very smart dude called Rob Capili has put in hundreds of hours of lectures and many texts of McKenna into a machine learning system and the result is fascinating and a bit scary.

Those of you who can afford to support the project can do so on its Indiegogo page - https://www.indiegogo.com/projec...ion-of-terence-mckenna#/

Peter Bergmann also uploaded a snippet of what the machine can currently do on his fantastic YouTube channel, dedicated to Terence:

I'm excited about the future. Maybe soon we shall be able to discuss the matter of existence and our approach towards the transcendental object at the end of time with an actual machine, but with a strong hint of our beloved Terrence's profound understanding of the world.

Spread the news. Let's make this happen, and prove that the movie Transcendence was more than just a sci-fi! Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

#2 Posted : 10/17/2019 11:09:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Very cool, and definitely a worthwhile project. Definitely will throw a few $$ towards it. Funny though on his fund page those audio samples he's managed to spit out of TMKs voice, pretty hilarious.

Apparently there's still a ways to go to get it where he wants it in terms of how well the models able to formulate thorough true-to-the-nails responses. Though pretty interesting what he's managed to do so far. Would love to see the dataset he used for all the TMK material, would be curious there. From reading that page I guess it still spits out random nonsense lol, but pretty cool some of the responses to those questions in the video.

Funny you posted this close to when I had posted a thread on machine learning/n-net. Close enough to me to be considered synchronicity.

Big grin

5 Dimensional Nick
#3 Posted : 12/27/2019 4:43:00 PM

"Full of multiversal flow!"

Brilliant. Thanks for the link. Terrance was an amazing soul.

His voice is soothing, but (joke coming, a truth joke though) my all time most favorite soothing voice, weirdly is Ringo Starr's!!!!

I grew up in 1980's UK and he narrated a kid's TV show called Thomas The Tank Engine. Not sure whether it was the content, the context, his voice or some combination of the three!!!

Going to look for more Terrance on YOUTUBE now.

Bless up.
"Anonymous around the mouse, hyperspace black ops in my house,
A technical itch you can't ignore, viral like that magic spore,
Laced in life like a blockchain, special characters around my name,
They got game like Nintendo flow, it's always the same you will know,
I can't be pinned down like a Q-Bit, my architecture all neuromorphic,
On the roof if the internet had one, fire escape's fibre optic dragon." Onepacman