We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Failed first experience + possible bad extraction? Options

Steffen335
#1 Posted : 10/13/2019 8:23:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

so we met with a friend today to try DMT for the first time.

I weighed 30 mg per person, loaded a Yocan Evolve Plus with a ceramic donut coil, pressed a button for 1-2 sec for the crystals to melt (they did).

I then started breathing in, pressed the button for 5 seconds (the smoke got a bit harsh around the 5th second), released for 5 seconds, pressed again for another 5 seconds… All the time breathing in slowly.

According to https://www.reddit.com/r..._so_easy_anyone/e0npbxl/ going 2 rounds of this hold-release cycle should've vaporized *all* the spice… Yet there was visible smoke for at least 10 more rounds… That seems off.

As for effects, not much happened. I've seen some open eye visuals comparable to 30 µg of LSD, and my friend of around 100 µg.

What he did differently was taking fast breaths, instead of my slow ones. (Which way is the correct one?) But still, his 30 mg lasted for many many 5 second tokes…

Also the ceramic coil got a bit brown, but there's oil on the bottom of the bowl, so perhaps it's just burnt oils from the plant.

I used the Q21Q21 method, but with 50:50 mix of 40-60 and 60-90 petroleum ethers (instead of naphtha…), and got pretty white crystals even without recrystallization.

Could I have extracted something else from MHRB?… Maybe… jungle spice?

Thank you!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

sbios
#2 Posted : 10/14/2019 4:00:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I suspect it's the issue with the device. I had Evolve Plus with ceramic donut coil before and noticed that the coil design was leaking the melted spice. Probably the manufacture only intended this with something thicker like wax. You might have better luck with quartz coil because it heats up much faster so you'd get more smoke quicker. Better change the atomizer or upgrade the device.

Steffen335
#3 Posted : 10/14/2019 4:40:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

@sbios, thank you for the pointers.

I have two more questions then:

1. So what’s the best recommended device? Something easy to use, and reliable every time. From many posts, I understood it was Evolve Plus. Smile

2. Is it possible I have extracted something else than DMT from MHRB? Something not that psychoactive? The crystals were definitely white…

I’ll try pulling some more with real Ronsonol® naphtha, because my mix of light ethers pulled very little after a week (around ~0.2%).

Lampeyelittle
#4 Posted : 10/14/2019 5:57:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How long did you hold in the vapor? With DMT, the longer the better.

It's very, very unlikely you extracted something else from MHRB. Most likely the DMT just wasn't vaporized correctly.

The general consensus for most foolproof method is a dab rig. I prefer changa so I can smoke it normally from my bong.

Best of luck and safe travels!
"And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

TalkingGarden
#5 Posted : 10/14/2019 6:42:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

yeh I think its the device as well...I use a dab rig with titanium nail works like a charm Big grin

sbios
#6 Posted : 10/14/2019 7:56:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm with TalkingGarden too. So it doesn't have to be a fancy dab rig because the temp and quantity are a lot less than weed shatter. You probably want to get one with Temp Control so less chance to burn the spice.

I suppose the first step is to check whether it smells like new shoes. It's hard to put in words but it's a distinct smell.

Metta-Morpheus
#7 Posted : 10/14/2019 9:07:54 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I 3rd or 4th that. Dab rig is sure fire way. Temp of dabbing should definitely be much lower than wax or oil. I’ve watched an entire dose shoot completely down the stem from being to hot. But once you figure out the timing, nothing like getting the classic 3 hits all in one face melting rip!
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Steffen335
#8 Posted : 10/15/2019 11:14:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for all the insights. ♥

@Lampeyelittle, I think we held the vapor for long enough, since there was no white smoke when exhaling. (And the device worked… somehow at least, since when testing and puffing only for a fraction of a second, and exhaling instantly, there was whiteness.)

But it’s definitely the device then:
• @sbios, the crystals do smell like new shoes,
• others on the forum had problems with Yocan Evolve Plus, too,
• the vapor tasted burnt,
• the ceramic coil chipped and you can now see the metal underneath,
• the coil still smells burnt, despite being submerged in 99% IPA for 24+ hours.

Before trying a full-on dab rig, I’d like to try out something simpler — the apparent new Holy Grail — Shanti’s e-mesh vape tek — https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=87004 . =)

Thank you once more, all. ♥

TalkingGarden
#9 Posted : 10/15/2019 2:01:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Honestly go ahead try as many things as you want...many different people use many different things and there is NOTHING wrong with that I mean really a dab rig you really aint going to bring plces with you. Personally I don't go places with this anyway its very internal for me. Each device might work for you might not all depends on if you can use it right. BUT at the same time look at this thread MOST people agreed a dab rig works great. So if it were me I would just cut to the chase and jump on that. I KNOW the dab rig works great BUT I haven't tried many other things I found something that worked and stuck with it! the easiest way for ME is a dab rig with a cheap e nail some cheaper enails the temp on the screen tells you different than the actual temp tho!!! So find a temp where it will melt and start to vapor as you put it in and then you throw a carp cap on it and POOF it all goes up! Then gaurenteed it wont burn! But hey like I said that's just ME!

HagRaven13
#10 Posted : 10/16/2019 8:35:47 AM

laughter is the best medicine

yea sounds like the device is the issue, id recommend not going to the dab rig right away, as they do get expensive and in my experience theyre harsher and its easier to get hyper slapped. id recommend an oil burner(meth pipe) with a mini torch that you can get from a gas station, i switch to this method and haven't run into a problem since.

By the way welcome to the nexus, alot of us have problems breaking through at first just dont get discouraged and get ready for the ride of your life, leave us a report once you do break thru!

Steffen335
#11 Posted : 10/20/2019 3:57:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey, so we tried it again, yesterday.

This time, using Shanti’s e-mesh vape tek, and it kinda worked:

I got into some kind of a space… that was a bit mechanical, but very strangely so (the “waiting room”?). It was also colorful, but not like real colors, but… more colorful? With no conscious entities inside. There was a 2-3 second glimpse of what I think was the chrysanthemum? A kind of a rosette-like structure made of intersecting circles, but it wasn’t that colorful, appeared and faded out very quickly, and then the room itself faded out.

My friend says that what he saw generally lacked three-dimensionality. There were geometrical patterns and symbols of cultural significance. Later he got to a colorful place made up of lines, got really confused, and forgot how reality works, how he got to this realm and what to expect from it. Later he managed to open his eyes (still with heavy visual hallucinations) and talk to me.

We both regained grasp on reality after about 6 minutes.

But the dose (33 mg) might’ve been measured inaccurately, since my 0.01 g scales are rather wobbly.

Plus the temperature (220°C, as recommended for steel mesh) might’ve been too high, since there was splashed DMT on the walls of the vaporizer chamber… So it looked as if it boiled, and started splashing around.

I’ll try with DMT’s vaporization temperature the next time, 165°C.

More details regarding the setup: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1020707#post1020707