We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My Spice Toolkit Growing Options

Tony6Strings
#1 Posted : 10/6/2019 5:46:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been adding to my home science toolkit. Along with my trusty corningware casserole dishes which have been with me since my first pull, I now have a 1000 ml Pyrex Erlenmeyer. 25 ml Pyrex volumetric pipette (thanks pete666 for the advice) a 5000 gram scale (pictured) and an AWS Gemini 20 milligram scale (not pictured). The pipette makes my life so much easier! Thanks friends for teaching me and helping me grow.
Tony6Strings attached the following image(s):
IMG_20191005_210934_hdr.jpg (599kb) downloaded 246 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

blue.magic
#2 Posted : 10/9/2019 5:25:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good job!

I used erlenmeyers for extractions too, but now switched to a separatory funnel to get the last bit of solvent out - not so much to increase yield but to be more eco-friendly.

Trickster
#3 Posted : 10/9/2019 6:09:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I would recommend buying a vacuum filtration setup. It is extremely useful in all kinds of extractions.
Trickster attached the following image(s):
Filtration setup.jpg (32kb) downloaded 220 time(s).
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 6/27/2021 1:48:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That volumetric pipette was not long for this world. I pulled solvent with it less than a dozen times before accidentally dropping on kitchen floor, it broke... Here is what I am getting instead, much cheaper and essentially the same thing...

https://www.amazon.com/F...a-351502198796&psc=1
olympus mon wrote:

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Bisy
#5 Posted : 6/27/2021 2:25:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

definitely NOT essentially the same thing.

https://www.amazon.com/P...id=1624800236&sr=8-3

get something more like that
Everything i say is fictional, I just wanna be cool and fit in.

Tony6Strings
#6 Posted : 6/27/2021 7:02:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Neat set thanks for the link. A little more poking around and I found a set of four of the 10ml for around the same price, with glass stir rods and brush. Here is what I will get...

https://www.amazon.com/G...id=1624816737&sr=8-8
olympus mon wrote:

Bisy
#7 Posted : 6/29/2021 4:33:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats perfect, only thing i find a turkey baster usefull for is for adding fresh nps to soup, because it fits in the can, but even for that purpose its sloppy because some falls out along the way.
Everything i say is fictional, I just wanna be cool and fit in.

Tony6Strings
#8 Posted : 6/29/2021 5:23:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've done many pulls with glass baster. There is a trick to keeping pressure/suction on the bulb in order to not have the solvent drop out... It can make for very quick work if you get the hang of it.

In any case I am happy to have my pipettes on the way.
olympus mon wrote:

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 6/29/2021 1:12:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Very very nice my friend. I may have to figure out how to safely post pics to share mine as well. It's neat seeing all the variation in the tools we work with.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 6/30/2021 2:01:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Alrighty, thank you for the inspiration Mr. 6Strings Smile

First pic is my extraction equipment. I have a bunch of those Ball jars in case one breaks, and to be used with other things.

Second pic is my box of herbs for making changa. Damiana, White Sage, Marshmallow Leaf, Mullein, Chaliponga Leaf, Blue Lotus, Passion Flower, Caledula, Skullcap, Pau d'Arco, and some harmala extract.

Last pic is the Spice box where my freebase spice is (some pre-weighed doses as well). The light colored jar typically stays in the box as it is very special, being a Chaliponga changa blend. The darker jar stays out, because that's my current go-to blend. I'm about to make a 2g of that same blend.

Thank you for humoring me. Hope it was enjoyed

Love

One love
Voidmatrix attached the following image(s):
Goody Process.jpg (10,082kb) downloaded 120 time(s).
Moar (2).jpg (9,231kb) downloaded 124 time(s).
Moar (1).jpg (9,429kb) downloaded 119 time(s).
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Hailstorm
#11 Posted : 6/30/2021 2:33:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I can recommend a 20-50 mL glass syringe (with a luer lock and long-enough needles) as an easier-to-control alternative to pipettes and basters. Just don't forget to wash it since lye slowly attacks glass.

Another convenient option is a pneumatic pipette controller like the one below - it lets you move liquids up and down your pipette by pushing the little knob in the middle up or down, respectively. Don't ruin it by sucking liquid into it.

Finally, even regular pipetting can benefit from better technique:
  • secure the flask (laboratory clamp, etc.)
  • get a good flashlight and make it shine it through the flask
  • get low so that your eye is at the same level as the separation line between the 2 layers
  • keep the tip of the pipette away from the separation line
  • once the liquid is sucked in, release the rubber end - hold it by the glass, not by the rubber to minimize pressure fluctuations
  • let the liquid settle in the pipette, then squirt the bottom bit back to get rid of some water droplets and dirt
  • keep the transfer distance as short as possible
Hailstorm attached the following image(s):
s-l500.jpg (7kb) downloaded 116 time(s).
pipette controller.png (181kb) downloaded 114 time(s).

Tony6Strings
#12 Posted : 6/30/2021 3:30:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix, thank you for sharing! Love your kit. You and I have the same milligram scale. Hailstorm, thank you for the useful tips!!
olympus mon wrote:

Voidmatrix
#13 Posted : 6/30/2021 4:13:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
Voidmatrix, thank you for sharing! Love your kit. You and I have the same milligram scale. Hailstorm, thank you for the useful tips!!

Scale is wonderful isn't it? Smile

@Hailstorm, thank you for the tips. It was reassuring as I cover most of those bases Big grin Share your setup with us!

One love

IridiumAndLace
#14 Posted : 7/1/2021 4:04:45 AM

Stardust in lingerie

I'm not sure if this counts, but I did get an impressive picture of my apparatus when I was refining my Bestine a couple months ago. Next time I get my extraction glassware out I'll have to get a picture of that.

AiL762
#15 Posted : 7/1/2021 4:54:58 AM

\-= Conquer Your Fears =-/

Haha damn now I really wanna go break out my tote of goodies, share my tools and do an extract. Maybe next week I'll see about doing jt