We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
the morning show...cant they get anything right? Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 1/12/2010 9:41:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

http://www.youtube.com/w...OACU&feature=related

This is kinda old..but still watching it really really really gets to me..the ammount of mis-information they spew out should be a crime.

Funny how they bring on a doctor that doesnt even know what an agonist isLaughing
Long live the unwoke.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ElusiveMind
#2 Posted : 1/12/2010 11:01:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow. Shocked that is a horrible misrepresentation of Salvia. Crying or very sad That doctor is crap, and to top it all off they of course have to show some youtube clips of people "freaking out" on salvia. Man, the one dude with the stripped shirt had some "reasonable" points, but the BS hosts shoot him down everytime. Then the hosts say that someone has died from Salvia (of course not directly) and I swear the guy at wonderland must have been, putting it in his own words, "smoking something" funny to come up with that BS. Full of "ifs" and "coulds". *sigh*.... Im gonna stop now cause i could go on for a while about this clip. Rolling eyes

Thanks for the contribution fractal enchantment. Very happy

want another roller coaster ride of rage? watch part 2: Wink http://www.youtube.com/w...q4M0&feature=related
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

jacetea
#3 Posted : 1/13/2010 12:10:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

You gotta love the media though, it's really cute how obvious their tactics are and yet people remain oblivious to the whole thing.

They have 2 doctors going up against 2 college students and a seller. They're in front of a bunch of soccer moms and well-to-do audience members (who were probably screened) as well. The doctors are using words like, addictive, loss of motor skills, hallucinate, suicide, and not to mention how many times they referred to "kids buying it and getting high". Every time the supporters raised a good point, there was always a mention of kids, addition, death, or suicide. They basically didn't even answer the points that were made. They're just stringing together sentences with frightening words.

Not to mention it sounded like the college student's mic was lower than the doctors mic. They ask the "medical professionals" and refer to them as experienced people, even using the same friendly doctor that probably always goes on that show to give advice.

To top it all off they bitched at the college student for telling off the audience when they clapped at whatever the doctor said. "They have their opinions too" even while they hound and berate our beliefs.

Makes me sick just looking at it. I'm willing to bet people who killed themselves after taking Salvia realized what a shit hole they live in and how pointless it is.
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

gigaschatten
#4 Posted : 1/13/2010 3:06:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There's much worse shit out there regarding Sage, statements like "a hundred times stronger than Cannabis" and such. Let the fools live in their fool's world. It doesn't touch me anymore.
God is dreaming us.

Skizm
#5 Posted : 1/15/2010 7:11:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow...That is, disgusting. Obviously biased against Salvia, can you see how they let the angry doctor interrupt everyone and then when someone else tried it they shot them down? The audience? Sounds like a god damn bunch of sheeple (Overused term, I know)
Life is a puzzle. Your parents fill in the edges and give you a starting point. The interesting thing about this puzzle is that one piece could fit in a million different spots and you will never fill it in. Try as you may, it will never be complete.

-Mi padre

deweeb
#6 Posted : 1/19/2010 5:52:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Meh , mis information seems to be the propaganda of choice that brainwashes our current society .

It will never stop those of us who are true Psychonauts . I don't even both watching that crap anymore.

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 1/19/2010 6:06:29 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

It's really awful to think about those individuals who only get news/information through mainstream media...how misinformed they must be.

I once had the unfortunate experience of having my home invaded (which included having a sawed-off shotgun shoved into my stomach and getting marched up my stairs with a pistol to the back of my head) and robbed of things that required me to call cops for insurance, etc. On the other hand, the dumbasses left ounces and ounces of shrooms and my other ethnobotanicals alone, while stealing a little weed, some petty cash, and some electronics...ahhh, nothing like possessions which only a precious few know the true value of Very happy

Anyways, believing I had cleaned everything of entheogenic value out of my house before the cops came, I began to show them around. When they came up into my bedroom closet they found a potted plant I had forgotten to move and asked me what it was. I responded with one word, "Sage" (technically true) and they moved on with not even a shrug of the shoulders.

I can't even imagine their reaction if I had said salvia or even worse salvia divinorum. Ignorance is a double edged sword, but it's a shame that the general news and as a result the public is so misinformed. It's also a shame that Salvia's being made illegal in state after state...Why the fuck couldn't people just chew the quid? Who in gods name actually thinks its funny to misleadingly dose their friends with highly psychoactive substances and post it on youtube?!?
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Metanoia
#8 Posted : 1/21/2010 9:42:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Things like this make me want to hurt someone. Just some random stupid person. I never would of course, but it just enrages me to see crap like this.
I don't even watch the news anymore. I refuse to read the newspaper, other than my little local one, and that's bad enough sometimes. I hear about current events from other people, but I refuse to pollute my mind with most mainstream media filth.

aftertoke
#9 Posted : 1/21/2010 8:03:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I can't even find the words to explain how pissed off this video made me. Since when are doctors who have no experience or real information about salvia experts on the matter? And to make it worse, they have a retarded college student in front of the camera saying things like "you get light headed. yeah, you get light headed and dizzy. why do i take it? cause its funny to watch your friends when they dont know whats going on!"

This was meant to misinform the public and they never even gave anyone a real shot at explaining their side of things (with the exception of the idiot who shouldn't have even been on camera talking about salvia in the first place.)

Another thing that pissed me off is the fact that the one doctor calls it dangerous, puts it in the same catagory as cocaine, heroin and ecstasy. People like these aren't just bashing this plant in the privacy of their own home, they're publicly trying to discredit anyone who uses the sacred plant. Something needs to be done, someone needs a platform for spreading INFORMATION to the public. If the public knew what was toxic and what isn't, and what effects they had, big pharma would have a problem.

</rant>
I do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old. I seek what they sought.

Bill Cipher
#10 Posted : 1/22/2010 3:11:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I actually know the rehab "doctor" in this clip very well. He's cut out a serious niche for himself in the L.A. rehab to the stars market, and appears whenever he can on television to plug his current facility. I've been hesitant to jump into the conversation here because I'm an alumni of a former program, but over the years he's just morphed into this unbelievable media whore. He has Access Hollywood at the door with cameras rolling the day any new A-listers check in, and he's really just a dogshit clinician. His skill set lies in self-promotion; beyond that, he's fairly inept. I've even seen him for private therapy once upon a time (very briefly, and at $250 per hour), and a deep thinker or principled shrink he ain't, by reasonable standards.

Attached is a pretty scathing interview with him from last December's New Yorker, which is pretty much on the money:

http://www.newyorker.com...01/081201fa_fact_fortini

'Coatl
#11 Posted : 1/22/2010 5:28:56 PM

Teotzlcoatl

The kid Brett killed himself cause of bad parenting and he was on anti-depressants... maybe THOSE should be made illegal? He was probably using Salvia divinorum to treat his depression.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

antrocles
#12 Posted : 1/22/2010 11:06:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

that was so difficult to sit through and not get angry....

from the two young men who all but stated flat-out that it's some sort of party drug, to the obviously pompous and unenlightened l.a. psyD who has all of the relevant acumen of a car bumper to the unceremonious cutting off of the ONE GUY desperately trying to explain spirituality and the positive impact it has had on HIS life to a group of people with no interest in the matter, to the final would-be "expert" on the matter with not even the most fundamental knowledge of what type of brain interaction salvia actual has.....

that was like the whole of society's irresponsibility and close-mindedness squeezed into one short video clip. i wan't to go do some heavy-bag work, throw up and take a hot shower with a brillo pad now.

the dream of a consciousness elevation for the whole of humanity is an agonizing one.....i feel like avalokiteshvara right now....

LOVE AND GRATITUDE!! (with a side of frustration..)
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

Metanoia
#13 Posted : 2/6/2010 9:16:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

antrocles wrote:
i wan't to go do some heavy-bag work, throw up and take a hot shower with a brillo pad now.

That pretty much sums up how I felt. Although expressed in a more comical fashion Very happy