We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Eating Weed Straight Options

RhythmSpring
#1 Posted : 10/4/2019 5:00:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was wondering if anyone else had experience similar to mine regarding eating cannabis straight.

Background: I usually hate smoking weed. I get the munchies, I socially isolate, I get all stuck in my head, and I sleep through or feel fatigued through important plans. It sucks.

When I eat it cooked, it's the same as above but just with a little less anxiety.

HOWEVER when I eat it raw/dried with no preparation whatsoever, I get:

clearheadedness
stable energy
presence of mind
centeredness
motivation
subsiding of inflammation and other chronic illness-related symptoms

Explanations? Similar experiences?
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

FranLover
#2 Posted : 10/4/2019 6:17:23 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Given that you cant get high eating straight weed, I'd explain this phenomena to you liking being sober, and also placebo.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

jiva
#3 Posted : 10/4/2019 6:18:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i am by no means an expert for this, but i think you are just getting a very low dose.
normally for edibles the decarboxylation process is to convert THCA into THC so your body can absorb it when eaten.

if this process is missing you most likely are just getting a very low dose and maybe the effect of CBD.

edit: have you tried to compare the effect to a few drops of cbd oil?

TheAwakening
#4 Posted : 10/4/2019 6:40:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have not been able to confirm this personally(you've made me a lot more interested to try it now!) but a friend of mine owns a hemp farm and extracts the trichromes with ice. Another friend of mine who is closer to the hemp farmer has said that when he eats this extract he isn't 'stoned' but feels very uplifted and euphoric and clear, much like you are describing. He said he prefers the state that the extract brings to him than smoking or edibles, that said he generally doesn't get along with cannabis.

Bear in mind this is hemp and not cannabis but like other posters have mentioned you need to decarboxylate it for the standard thc high and this, to me, points to it being unrelated to the cannabinoids which produce the regular high.

jiva
#5 Posted : 10/4/2019 6:53:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TheAwakening wrote:

Bear in mind this is hemp and not cannabis but like other posters have mentioned you need to decarboxylate it for the standard thc high and this, to me, points to it being unrelated to the cannabinoids which produce the regular high.

as far as i know almost all hemp strains do still have cbd in them

dragonrider
#6 Posted : 10/4/2019 10:29:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe it's a microdosing effect.

null24
#7 Posted : 10/5/2019 1:29:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

TheAwakening wrote:
I have not been able to confirm this personally(you've made me a lot more interested to try it now!) but a friend of mine owns a hemp farm and extracts the trichromes with ice. Another friend of mine who is closer to the hemp farmer has said that when he eats this extract he isn't 'stoned' but feels very uplifted and euphoric and clear, much like you are describing. He said he prefers the state that the extract brings to him than smoking or edibles, that said he generally doesn't get along with cannabis.

In my experience, this effect is from low to moderate doses of a pure(er) THC product, (concentrates sans terpenes and other cannabinoids present in flowers) not consequential to any route of consumption I will experience this clear-headed energetic effect froma small dab of wax or moreso from concentrate cartridges. Eating THC is anything but clear headed and energetic in my experience, although very awesome indeed.

if your friend is extracting trichomes that are NOT THC, then what are they? CBD, CBN and other cannabinoids aren't likely to give this sought-after effect, they are more sedative in effect. The ice extraction method is the method by which "bubble-hash" is produced and is used to collect THC trichomes. The other cannabinoids arent present in that form on the plant to my knowledge, and hemp can produce small amounts of THC.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

dragonrider
#8 Posted : 10/5/2019 3:53:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does it matter if you eat it on an empty stomach or not. I would say that if you get this effect on an empty stomach, it's probably not THC. If you have eaten something fatty, then maybe very small amounts of THC get extracted in your stomach. That could maybe happen when there's many seeds in the plant material you eat as well.

I've heard that micro-dosing THC can have this effect.

cubeananda
#9 Posted : 10/5/2019 6:03:36 PM

jai

i have been under the impression for the past few years that eating straight cannabis flower produces a kind of tonic effect because the terpenes and flavonoids are more bioavailable than the cannabinoids, or perhaps there are some cannabinoid compounds that are orally active, generally without heating it a bit and taking some oil with it i wouldnt expect it to be very psychoactive

doubledog
#10 Posted : 10/6/2019 5:48:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In the past, I produced for myself only partially decarboxylated cannabinoid oil and used it in very low doses to achieve similar productive effects, as I also could not tolerate full dose of activated THC.
My understanding is that this tonic effect mainly comes from other compounds, maybe with a little help of tiny dose of THC.
However, still I had to stop this as I have gained some form of mental allergy to the effect of THC.

TheAwakening
#11 Posted : 10/7/2019 12:56:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:

In my experience, this effect is from low to moderate doses of a pure(er) THC product, (concentrates sans terpenes and other cannabinoids present in flowers) not consequential to any route of consumption I will experience this clear-headed energetic effect froma small dab of wax or moreso from concentrate cartridges. Eating THC is anything but clear headed and energetic in my experience, although very awesome indeed.

if your friend is extracting trichomes that are NOT THC, then what are they? CBD, CBN and other cannabinoids aren't likely to give this sought-after effect, they are more sedative in effect. The ice extraction method is the method by which "bubble-hash" is produced and is used to collect THC trichomes. The other cannabinoids arent present in that form on the plant to my knowledge, and hemp can produce small amounts of THC.

I am the first to say that I really don't know what they could be. Eating decarboxylated cannabis products is definitely anything but clear headed. I just know that this product is not decarboxylated in any way and is made with hemp which is very different to how I've prepared cannabis edibles before which are always decarboxylated. The same friend claimed very similar effects eating the raw cannabis although he spoke most sparklingly about the extract our other friend makes. Having not experienced it myself I can't say much more than this from personal experience and only brought it up because the OP mentioned something similar.

My feeling is that there are other factors at play here, like a poster mentioned above, perhaps terpenes? Though I'm not sure if they get extracted in the method my friend uses to knock the trichromes off the plants.

RhythmSpring
#12 Posted : 10/8/2019 2:42:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all your replies, friends. (Except for the one saying it was placebo, lol)

Let me know if anyone tries it and has an experiential report to report back with!

If you can get a hold of this rare substance...
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

dreamer042
#13 Posted : 10/8/2019 4:11:48 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

There are many hundreds of compounds in cannabis, lots of them are psychoactive, even without heating or decarboxylation.

Juicing raw cannabis has been a fad for quite a long time now and this is generally the effect. It's partly just intaking green vegetables and getting a strong influx of readily absorbed nutrition which lends extra energy, vitality, and clarity, but there is something more going on with cannabis. There does seem to be a kind of "high" beyond that of a nutrient boost that is completely different from that of smoked/heated/decarboxylated cannabis. You are not alone in this finding by any means, but I don't think we've elucidated the pharmacokinetics yet.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

dreamer042
#14 Posted : 10/8/2019 4:12:26 AM

Dreamoar

There are many hundreds of compounds in cannabis, lots of them are psychoactive, even without heating or decarboxylation.

Juicing raw cannabis has been a fad for quite a long time now and this is generally the effect. It's partly just intaking green vegetables and getting a strong influx of readily absorbed nutrition which lends extra energy, vitality, and clarity, but there is something more going on with cannabis. There does seem to be a kind of "high" beyond that of a nutrient boost that is completely different from that of smoked/heated/decarboxylated cannabis. You are not alone in this finding by any means, but I don't think we've elucidated the pharmacokinetics yet.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

dreamer042
#15 Posted : 10/8/2019 4:12:49 AM

Dreamoar

Cactus Man
#16 Posted : 10/18/2019 9:44:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Would highly recommend making it into a tincture as its much better received into the body in this form.

Espurrr
#17 Posted : 1/1/2023 7:34:09 PM

i happen to be growing some cannabis, i started eating the leaves straight and in my salads, other than being nutritious greens since i feed the plants like a wizard didn't feel anything special, however when i started nibbling on the live flowers, the thalamic region of my brain was vasodilated for the better part of the day, more so on the left hemisphere extending over to my left eye, in my dreams i felt as if the waking portion of my consciousness which is usually dormant in my sleep state becoming active and this was followed by me trying to take control and altering the procession of the usually unconscious phenomena, this i consider as an intrusive effect, followed by a rise in androgens upon waking

im interested in the powerful effects of the cannabis plant without the psychoactive effects which follow heating / drying / decarb ing it, and currently wonder what a CBGa dominant plant with no THCa would do to me if i consumed it live, either way a feeling of relief and relaxation in my body and some feelings akin to a good anti inflammatory and anti oxidant could also be observed after consuming the plant, i can't report for some of the positive effects you mentioned rhythmic spring, but my exploration was short lived so far

Mitakuye Oyasin
#18 Posted : 1/1/2023 11:55:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

THCA is good stuff. I agree with Cactus man, you should make a tincture with THCA and all the other Cannabis goodies that are in the buds/leaves. Any high proof alcohol should work, just do not heat or decarb it.

When I take THCA orally I do not feel stoned like I do with oral THC. I feel something, but I am completely functional and can drive and work, unlike when taking THC and feeling stoned. I do notice that it makes my muscles relax and my chronic pain decreases with THCA, especially when paired with oral CBD and CBG.

The following is from a website I visited a while back. YMMV.

Benefits of THCA
THCA is a non-psychoactive component of THC and comes with numerous medicinal and antimicrobial benefits. Despite most studies being at the beginning stages, we’ve got sufficient evidence to prove that this cannabis component comes with some health benefits and helps to alleviate certain symptoms. Below are some of the THCA benefits:

● It helps to reduce inflammation, as it has anti-inflammatory features
● Prevents prostate cancer in males by inhibiting tumor growth
● Works as an antiemetic when looking seeking nausea treatment
● Serves as a neuroprotectant to help protect your brain
● Effective for managing chronic pains

Several new medical researchers like ‘Cannabinoids and Cannabinoid Research reveal that when taken together with either CBD or THC, THCA can increase absorption of cannabinoids ingested in the human body. Therefore, for faster absorption of your ingested cannabinoids, it’ll be imperative to take a combination of CBD or THC. Nonetheless, when looking at its role in the human body’s endocannabinoid system, we still have confusion about whether THCA crosses your body’s blood-brain barrier or activates the CB1 receptor. Despite THCA contributing to beneficial entouring effects, researchers are yet to determine its long-term effects, drug interactions, and exact benefits.

This Leafly article also has some good info on THCA.
https://www.leafly.com/n...fits-of-this-cannabinoid

Good luck and let us know if your THCA experiments produce any interesting info or effects.

Happy New Year to everyone!!!
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

ZiPhi
#19 Posted : 1/2/2023 5:12:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I grow and make tinctures from CBG but I use the decarboxylated flower and the effects you are describing are spot on with what many people I provide it the tincture to have experienced and use it regularly for. This is anecdotal and perhaps even a bit non-sequitur to the OP but thought I would mention it in case he/she wanted to experiment further in that direction.

I see CBG products becoming more and more common at CBD dispensaries so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#20 Posted : 1/2/2023 6:43:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That is very cool ZiPhi. Do you grow indoor or outdoor or both? Any specific strains for CBG production? Do you extract or refine it yourself or elsewhere? I get a lot of benefit from CBG and CBD for muscle and joint pain.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

12NEXT