We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca alkaloids Options

Jagube
#1 Posted : 10/3/2019 10:30:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I came across this paper - Acute Biphasic Effects of Ayahuasca; Schenberg et al. (2015) - and was surprised to see what other alkaloids were found.

In particular, the high contribution of harmol, at 146mg per dose, roughly half that of harmine.
Jagube attached the following image(s):
udv-alks.PNG (72kb) downloaded 228 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 10/4/2019 10:07:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmol is harmine's main metabolite in humans, like harmalol is for harmaline (source). It also present in Peganum harmala, but both harmol and harmalol have very poor MAOI effecs compared to harmine/harmaline (source) I'm not sure about psychoactivity, but harmol may have some other interesting effects, for example potential anti-cancer properties.

dithyramb
#3 Posted : 10/5/2019 9:04:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The root of syrian rue has two main alkaloids, harmine and harmol, and seems to have extremely weak maoi properties if any. The sprouted rue seeds probably have a good amount of harmol as well, and though being weaker in maoi effects, have a sublime depth and profundity to them...
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Jagube
#4 Posted : 10/11/2019 5:33:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:
The root of syrian rue has two main alkaloids, harmine and harmol, and seems to have extremely weak maoi properties if any.

Harmine is a strong MAOI, so maybe the content is low.
What about THH? Have you noticed any effects you would attribute to it?

dithyramb
#5 Posted : 10/11/2019 10:58:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The doses I tried were supposed to have at least the same amount of harmine as I consume with the seeds, according to the literature. I wouldn't know how to recognize THH, bro, but there is a precious magical quality intrinsic to sprouted seeds, and I will do more experiments with the root after this Fall's harvest.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

dithyramb
#6 Posted : 10/20/2020 8:56:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Harmol is harmine's main metabolite in humans, like harmalol is for harmaline (source).

Does that mean that harmine is converted to harmol before or after reaching the blood brain barrier?

~ Pablo Amaringo

Elrik
#7 Posted : 10/20/2020 7:23:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"After"
Really, drugs are being metabolized the whole time they are in circulation but harmine is more likely to get into the brain with little restriction.

I did not know there is 7-hydroxyTHH in aya, I wonder what effect it might have. I love the effect of THH.
Could we somehow make 6-hydroxyTHH with mushrooms? Laughing

dithyramb
#8 Posted : 10/21/2020 6:17:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. Syrian rue root might help to shed light on the psychoactivity of harmol.

~ Pablo Amaringo